What's new

PAF Viper Rocking Through The Valleys

@SQ8 Do PAF pilots wear cold weather gear (or carry cold weather gear in the survival kit) whenever they fly near or around the Himalayas?
They do wear inners as far as I am aware - that is where the Naltar ski resort comes in because they run the cold weather survival course from there and only in flight suit and jacket(which are reversible I believe to orange)

Part of which is them getting lost and then finding their way back. This seems to have kicked in post the F-6 and its delivery flights over the Karakoram and barren tundra of the Chinese west. 1-2 folks were lost over them due to technical failures and unfortunately never survived the cold

Not sure about cold weather gear but they certainly wear the orange coveralls whenever they fly over mountain ranges and Arabian Sea.
Would have been nicer if they coordinate with many aviation and even photography enthusiasts much like the Wales Mach loop run…

Last edited:
Would have been nicer if they coordinate with many aviation and even photography enthusiasts much like the Wales Mach loop run…
It would be like gold dust for aviation geeks but i guess unlike the Mach loop, which involves several types of aircraft from RAF, USAF and NATO doing it as an event, the PAF boys run the gauntlet as part of their ''Hide'n seek'' routine.

They do wear inners as far as I am aware - that is where the Naltar ski resort comes in because they run the cold weather survival course from there and only in flight suit and jacket(which are reversible I believe to orange)

Part of which is them getting lost and then finding their way back. This seems to have kicked in post the F-6 and its delivery flights over the Karakoram and barren tundra of the Chinese west. 1-2 folks were lost over them due to technical failures and unfortunately never survived the cold

I think test pilots also wear orange coveralls.

Back
Top Bottom