What's new

Overseas Student - Army Application

Malik99

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am currently an undergraduate student at a top tier university in London and will be completing my engineering degree soon. I am interested in enrolling in the army, as it has been a bit of a life long dream. I have a few questions, which I hope someone on here could answer;

1) The application process for an overseas candidate? I've been told that the application is such that I have to visit my local embassy, ask for some forums and submit the information. Assuming the basic physical criteria is met, oversees students are exempt from the preliminary selection stage and will have to appear for the ISSB further selection round. Can you confirm and comment on the difficulty of these tests?

2) As you can imagine, my parents have invested a lot of time and money to ensure I graduate from such a university and so naturally I am curious about the career progression and prospects in the army for someone who has had a lot of exposure both academically and socially. Can anyone provide an insight into this? I currently hold a job offer to remain in London at a top financial firm, however since I am 21 years of age I believe I can't enlist in the army any later and so this would be my last opportunity to avail this path.

Preferably answers from someone who has been in the army for a few years at least would be helpful.

Thank you.

No replies? I thought the forum would be a bit more helpful and the community would be enthusiastic about new recruits to the army.

Back
Top Bottom