What's new

Official Trailer - Beyond the Heights

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Beyond the Heights is Based on true story of the first Pakistani & youngest Muslim female mountaineer to climb the Mount Everest. Overcoming the towers of hardships, taking one step after another with determination, a fragile woman belonging to a small village, named Shimshal, in Hunza valley touched new horizons with her will power and motivation.

Nice one. Could have made a better trailer.
We have a similar real story recently. A 13 year old tribal girl from my state achieved this feet.

Nice one. Could have made a better trailer.
We have a similar real story recently. A 13 year old tribal girl from my state achieved this feet.

She should not have been allowed. She must've climbed from the Chinese side, right?

Why is she not allowed? I dont think she climbed from Chinese side.

Because she's too young. Climbing at these altitudes isn't just some physical exercise, it takes serious toll on one's body, under severe strain and dangers. The lack of oxygen and low pressures literally eat away at your organs and muscles. There is a high risk of pulmonary embolism, pulmonary edema, cerebral edema, hypoxia, hypothermia, frostbite, etc. All these are potential killers which have claimed many very renowned climbers. Now with kids, who have much weaker bodies and a lot less strength, these risks increase exponentially. On top of that (given that Everest is a relatively easy climb) there are more than acceptable physical hazardous present which no kid should be allowed to face. We have age limits everywhere for a reason, right?

Every year some selfish, impotent parent decides to risk their poor child's life for vicarious glory, which is pathetic. And every time you hear an uproar of disgust from the mountaineering community.

The Nepalese authorities do not allow anyone below 18 years (maybe it was 16) of age to climb and because of that the above mentioned pitiful parents take their kids up from the Chinese side where there are no age restrictions. At least this is how it used to be the last time I checked and hence my question.

All this, of course, doesn't take anything away from that hardy kid's achievement.

Because she's too young. Climbing at these altitudes isn't just some physical exercise, it takes serious toll on one's body, under severe strain and dangers. The lack of oxygen and low pressures literally eat away at your organs and muscles. There is a high risk of pulmonary embolism, pulmonary edema, cerebral edema, hypoxia, hypothermia, frostbite, etc. All these are potential killers which have claimed many very renowned climbers. Now with kids, who have much weaker bodies and a lot less strength, these risks increase exponentially. On top of that (given that Everest is a relatively easy climb) there are more than acceptable physical hazardous present which no kid should be allowed to face. We have age limits everywhere for a reason, right?

Every year some selfish, impotent parent decides to risk their poor child's life for vicarious glory, which is pathetic. And every time you hear an uproar of disgust from the mountaineering community.

The Nepalese authorities do not allow anyone below 18 years (maybe it was 16) of age to climb and because of that the above mentioned pitiful parents take their kids up from the Chinese side where there are no age restrictions. At least this is how it used to be the last time I checked and hence my question.

All this, of course, doesn't take anything away from that hardy kid's achievement.
You are spot on. She climbed from the Tibetan side(which I read in BBC was more difficult side), As Nepalese side do not allow below 16 years.
Also she received training by enrolling in a program. But her greatness is that she is an ST from my state. ST are the poorest of the poor in India.

You are spot on. She climbed from the Tibetan side(which I read in BBC was more difficult side), As Nepalese side do not allow below 16 years.
Also she received training by enrolling in a program. But her greatness is that she is an ST from my state. ST are the poorest of the poor in India.

Yup, Everest's north-face is more difficult due to the absence of fixed ropes and ladders, which on the Nepali side make it a cake walk (like seriously, it's a joke now).

Great kid, hope she grows up to be a great climber. Just wondering, where did she get the funds from?

Yup, Everest's north-face is more difficult due to the absence of fixed ropes and ladders, which on the Nepali side make it a cake walk (like seriously, it's a joke now).

Great kid, hope she grows up to be a great climber. Just wondering, where did she get the funds from?
Purna and Anand were handpicked for the expedition by APSWRS. The society took up the programme to encourage young tribal students from backward and inaccessible areas. Purna is a student of class IX in Thadwai APSWRS. Her parents are daily wage workers. Extremely good in studies and extracurricular activities, she grabbed the opportunity by undergoing a four-stage screening test.

Last year, APSWRS authorities picked up two students from each of 299 residential schools across the state and selected 108 talented students after a training course held in Bhongir of Nalgonda district. In the screening test only 20 students were shortlisted. They were trained at Darjeeling Himalayan Mountaineering Institute between October 26 and November 16.

From TOI

13-year-old Purna becomes youngest girl to scale Everest - The Times of India

Purna and Anand were handpicked for the expedition by APSWRS. The society took up the programme to encourage young tribal students from backward and inaccessible areas. Purna is a student of class IX in Thadwai APSWRS. Her parents are daily wage workers. Extremely good in studies and extracurricular activities, she grabbed the opportunity by undergoing a four-stage screening test.

Last year, APSWRS authorities picked up two students from each of 299 residential schools across the state and selected 108 talented students after a training course held in Bhongir of Nalgonda district. In the screening test only 20 students were shortlisted. They were trained at Darjeeling Himalayan Mountaineering Institute between October 26 and November 16.

From TOI

13-year-old Purna becomes youngest girl to scale Everest - The Times of India

I take my words back, APSWRS is the actual scumbag....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom