Nusrat Jahan gets death threats for posing as ‘Durga’ in Insta post

Crixus

Reaction score
Country
India
Nusrat Jahan gets death threats for posing as ‘Durga’ in Insta post
Priyanka Dasgupta & Mohd Dilshad | TNN | Updated: Sep 30, 2020, 13:07 IST
crown.svg

Nusrat Jahan seeks security in London after getting death threats for posing as Goddess Durga in her 'Shubho Mahalaya' post

One of the photos posted by Nusrat Jahan on Instagram

KOLKATA/MUZAFFARNAGAR: Actor-MP Nusrat Jahan on Tuesday sought additional security from the Indian High Commissioner in the UK for receiving a death threat for an Instagram post, in which she wished her followers a “Shubho Mahalaya”, along with a photograph of her posing as Goddess Durga, in traditional attire.
She has also alerted the ministry of external affairs and the Bengal government.

The Trinamool MP from Basirhat has even drawn the ire of hardliners. In UP’s Deoband, home to one of the largest Islamic seminaries of the country, clerics asked her to “repent”.
Jahan has been in London since Sunday for the shoot of a Bengali film that’s supposed to start on Wednesday; she is expected to stay there till October 16. Her initial Instagram post was on September 17, followed by a video on September 20.
NEWS IN BRIEF
EXPLORE BRIEFS

Delhi HC declines to entertain PIL against Twitter over anti-India tweets; says approach Centre first
A bench of Chief Justice D N Patel and Justice Prateek Jalan said "none of the issues in the petition have been flagged before the Union of India" and the plea was made on claims of a Member of Parliament and news reports in the public domain.

Hathras gang rape: Police forcibly took away body for cremation, says victim's brother
The family of the 19-year-old Dalit woman, who died in a Delhi hospital a fortnight after she was gang-raped alleged on Wednesday that the police were forcibly trying to get her body cremated in the middle of the night. Police said that the cremation was being carried out “as per the wishes of the family”, but a relative alleged that officials were trying to hush up the case.

The actor-MP on Tuesday sent a letter to Gaitri Issar Kumar, Indian High Commissioner to the UK. “I have received a death threat via my social media pages (ie. Facebook/Instagram/Twitter etc) from some fundamentalists who belong to India and neighbouring countries... During my stay in London, I require immediate police protection as the threat is very serious and affecting my mental health. Kindly arrange to provide me necessary protection in London,” she wrote.
In Deoband, Islamic scholar Moulana Ishaq Gora said: “Nusrat Jahan likes to do such things; she is always in controversy. These things are forbidden in Islam, but she is doing it. People are often offended by her work. I think it is totally wrong. She must repent.”
Moulana Asad Qasmi, another Deoband-based cleric, was also critical of her. “This is against the tenets of Islam. She should apologise to God,” he said.
Nusrat, busy in pre-production work for the movie “Swastik Sanket”, was unavailable for comment.

TOP COMMENT
She is an independent woman of an independent country and she can do whatever she wants. If Mufti Azad Wasami is sooooo worried about Muslim tradition and culture, why does he stay mum about the inhu...Read More
Gautam Roy
SEE ALL COMMENTSADD COMMENT
This is not the first time that the actor has faced the wrath of hardliners. Last year, she was slammed for wearing vermilion and taking part in Durga Puja festivities.
Mufti Azad Wasmi of Darul Uloom Deoband had then slammed her for embracing Hindu traditions and issued a fatwa for marrying outside her religion and wearing symbols of Hindu matrimony like mangalsutra and sindoor. The actor had then said that her “thought process” couldn’t be “hindered” by trolls. “I am not bothered if these people want to be in the limelight, taking my name. I don’t even feel like answering them. That’s because I don’t want to talk to people who do not have a basic understanding of humanity,” she had told TOI last year.

So what you consider them Muslims or Indians?

just FYI Muslims in India dont consider themselves as Indians

Like, whatever else she is doing is in accordance with Islam? Indian Ullema's showing their retard-ness, oops I mean, Indian-ness.

I’m always a bit confused !!! why indian Hindus break out in a frenzy thinking Indian Muslims stunts are news headlines in neighbouring countries. it honestly isn’t it’s a zero game for Pakistanis on Indian Muslims we neither favour them or dislike them. are mostly invisible to us only certain urdu channels high light them

Indian Ullema is clueless, she married a jain and chose hindu life style, when did she ever do anything islamic ?

yeah googled her to know who she really was. Had seen a parliament photograph, with her having sundoor and bindi, so was confused whether she was even a muslim. As far as I know bindi is ok, but sundoor is usually for a hindu married wife, prolly had mungal sutar as well, but didn't paid much attention.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom