What's new

Norinco T97 (QBZ-95) FTU modification

Increased weight just to mount some tactical accessories?

You need ballast for accessories added, they added weight on the rifle and QBZ97 is not 50:50 weight distributed, so you need to add extra weight to balance the rifle.

And you need all kind of accessories in battle.

You need ballast for accessories added, they added weight on the rifle and QBZ97 is not 50:50 weight distributed, so you need to add extra weight to balance the rifle.

Why not build bigger biceps instead to be able to compensate for the extra weight instead of being that scrawny little 200 Push Up guy who can't Bench Press more than his body weight even if his life depended on it ! :unsure:

Why not build bigger biceps instead to be able to compensate for the extra weight instead of being that scrawny little 200 Push Up guy who can't Bench Press more than his body weight even if his life depended on it ! :unsure:

Lol, that would be a lot if stuff....

You had your optical scope, nvg scope, laser set, tactical flashlight, grenade launcher, replacement barrel

Or you rather hand carry a rifle, a shot gun, an grenade launcher and an automatic weapon to work...?

Lol, that would be a lot if stuff....

You had your optical scope, nvg scope, laser set, tactical flashlight, grenade launcher, replacement barrel

Or you rather hand carry a rifle, a shot gun, an grenade launcher and an automatic weapon to work...?

I confess I dunno anything about guns; heck that last time I tried firing one (a Barretta Shotgun or Pump action or something) with a target painted on a tree trunk I instead blew to bits my Mom's prized petunias about a foot to the right ! :ashamed:

So bro tell me - Why is it that Army's don't really condition their soldiers by using free-weights ? Surely the amount of strength that you can build by doing those Olympic Cleans & Presses or those Weighted Pull-Ups would beat any variation of a Dive Bomber Push Up ? :unsure:

can't see the video, when posting youtube links please also post some other links too as youtube is banned in Pakistan.

Problem is that only place to add optics in QBZ-95 is on top of the carrying handle, so it greatly increased already high silhouette and makes shooting unconformable.

22162_322721_932107.jpg

199_92999_800734.jpg

Compare that to this T97 with FTU.
pCu66mT.jpg

0wV9V4q.jpg

Last edited:

As a design requirement, Chinese infantry weapons have to be light and reliable. It comes from lessons learned in Vietnam. Firearm accessories are not high in priority.

Problem is that only place to add optics in QBZ-95 is on top of the carrying handle, so it greatly increased already high silhouette and makes shooting unconformable.

22162_322721_932107.jpg

199_92999_800734.jpg

pCu66mT.jpg

0wV9V4q.jpg
Read the above.

I confess I dunno anything about guns; heck that last time I tried firing one (a Barretta Shotgun or Pump action or something) with a target painted on a tree trunk I instead blew to bits my Mom's prized petunias about a foot to the right ! :ashamed:

So bro tell me - Why is it that Army's don't really condition their soldiers by using free-weights ? Surely the amount of strength that you can build by doing those Olympic Cleans & Presses or those Weighted Pull-Ups would beat any variation of a Dive Bomber Push Up ? :unsure:

Lol it would have been nice if every soldier have their own vehicle to pull the weight, but the reality is very far from it

The second best thing is you can develops a common accessories, like a weapon which can do all the work, but that would involve a lot of modification

So, to answer your question, that's because the Army is cheap bastard and they want more for less, often resort to primate method lol

As a design requirement, Chinese infantry weapons have to be light and reliable. It comes from lessons learned in Vietnam. Firearm accessories are not high in priority.

Read the above.

Not talking about a lot of accessories, just optical.

In battle you would want to have the ability to snipe using a 4x or 8x but u would also want them to be able to do quick reflex, and you may also want to use your rifle at night

So by modifying the carry handle, you can quick fix different type of optics on the rifle and adapt the weapon accordingly, so you don't need a QBZ fixed for Long range shot and a QBZ fixed for close combat and a QBZ fixed for night fighting, instead of using 3 rifle for 3 job, you only need 1 rifle

And the optics is not that heavy anyway

Last edited:
T97 ==> FAMAS
I hope Chinese rifle designer could learn something from West Gun-World.

Norinco CQ-A 5.56
10018186364_c7ec1feda8_o.jpg

Norinco QBZ-97 and U.S.A M4
010938xbn7k5qn44zn1m4j.jpg.thumb.jpg

010951bpvv3ncvcxvw5xyp.jpg.thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Read the above.

Optics are not unnecessary and most definitely aren't making rifle much heavier. No one is saying that every rifle should have flashlight, laser, grenade launcher or anything like that, but most modern armies try to give their soldiers some kinda optics if possible. There isn't any reason not have easy way to add optics to a rifle.

QBZ-03 is making a step in the right decision because there is a mount for optics in every rifle.
03_Chinese.jpg

f68184cad8ed8bf902572914dd703db9.jpg

Red dot/Holograph are enough. Basic optics are extremely important now adays, gives you the edge you require in battle. Rapid target acquisition is a matter of life and death.

22162_322721_932107.jpg

199_92999_800734.jpg

pCu66mT.jpg

0wV9V4q.jpg

Agreed, I'll take resting my cheek on the stock over chin on the stock any day. Not just for comfort, but it also helps the user to better conceal themselves when they are sniping with it.
These modifications are one areas I think the Chinese arms manufacturers can take a leaf from the west.

Back
Top Bottom