What's new

Newly-built 'Indo-Bangla Friendship Pipeline' ready for inauguration

I dont know if any Bangladeshi has done cost study of Oil refineries. Its not easy to maintain and process oil while keeping prices low.
Take example of Canada , it sends its own oil to America and then imports the processed oil. Because its cheaper that way.
Now don't tell me canada govt don't have money to built its own refinery.

I dont know if any Bangladeshi has done cost study of Oil refineries. Its not easy to maintain and process oil while keeping prices low.
Take example of Canada , it sends its own oil to America and then imports the processed oil. Because its cheaper that way.
How come India built a refinery in Assamwith small knowledge on refinery. Now, I am worried that the quality of oil in the Indian refinery must be very bad causing air pollution.

BD must seek advisory opinion fro Western oil refineries. I just wish BD does not have to re-refine the India-refined oil.

How come India built a refinery in Assamwith small knowledge on refinery. Now, I am worried that the quality of oil in the Indian refinery must be very bad causing air pollution.

BD must seek advisory opinion fro Western oil refineries. I just wish BD does not have to re-refine the India-refined oil.

India is selling petrol to Europe also. So I don't think u have to worry about quality. But as oil is sent through pipeline, quality control is realy easy.

We already built one big refinery plant in 1960s. How about Hindus? Did it not build the 1st one in 1973?

Ours is named Eastern Refinery located in Patenga of Chittagong.

We already built one big refinery plant in 1960s. How about Hiindia? Did it not build the 1st one in 1973?

Ours is named Eastern Refinery located in Patenga of Chittagong. Come and learn how to build one.

Last edited:
It was a genuine observation, but u just quoted 1973 without doing research for 2022 prices.
Canada also knows how to build 1, its not Building because after cost to benefit ratio was not good if built now. I read the summary report, maybe u should search it on net. U will learn few things.

I don't like arguing especially on Internet, its like pissing in the wind which is blowing towards you lol.

So yes, if bangladesh has done cost to benefit analysis and u have read the report of that project. Than Bangladesh would be fool not to setup a Refinery.

Instead of building refineries and oil pipelines within the country, this treacherous govt. is making Bangladesh even more dependent on India for fuel. To serve the vested interest groups, no Bangladeshi govt. since independence ever built any new refinery or increased the capacity of sole refinery established during Pakistan period. In a deliberate and calculated ways, Bangladesh is being made dependent on India for vital necessities like food, fuel, electricity etc. to crush the independent existence of the country and make it a satellite state of their master.
You forgot to add yarn and cotton, without which your garment industry will not survive. You import 98 percent of the cotton from India, China and Pakistan.

A simple lab test will suffice, unless you want expensive western advise.

There was a time many refineries were built in 90s in US and many got shut down for lack of demand and competition. In last 3 decades not a single refinery was built in US. Good luck in your mission for self reliance.

Back
Top Bottom