What's new

'Never seen' influx of tourists in Kaghan Valley triggers fuel shortage

In europe they have bins every few meters even in mountains. Do not compare that with Pakistan please. Local government can pay to clean up for tax they collect from tourists.
You have a point but it may also help to keep Lafafa in cars. A single large Lafafa can be used to store disposable items within, and disposed when a bin is noticed. This practice will help keep the car clean and reduce temptation to leave disposable items in any open spot.

This.

A simple "Carry In, Carry Out" policy. The issue is getting people to follow it.

With most of the population under 30, mass education and re-education should be prioritized. Literacy programs and reminders of rules should be posted in many places with the punishment spelled out.

Its has alot to do with upbringing, Pakistani parents seldom teach their kids to clean the area and not throw away plastic. Infact i have seen grown up and so called educated people littering all over like baboons. I had a senior colleague at a university, spent most of his life abroad. Every evening he would go for a walk and pick up rubbish n stuff in a bag, i was astonished to see most of the uni faculty making fun of him n calling him crazy. And this was a damn uni where all highly educated ppl of society work.
We as a society have dreams of grandeur and think we r something special but in reality we r not. Even in religion we showoff as very religious but in reality are hypocrites.

In europe they have bins every few meters even in mountains. Do not compare that with Pakistan please. Local government can pay to clean up for tax they collect from tourists.

We do not have bins every few metres in the mountains. You might have a bin at the carpark near a picturesque site, and there will be loads around actual tourist attractions, but nature trails and mountain hikes etc are not dotted with bins. We literally take our rubbish back with us.
Its has alot to do with upbringing, Pakistani parents seldom teach their kids to clean the area and not throw away plastic. Infact i have seen grown up and so called educated people littering all over like baboons. I had a senior colleague at a university, spent most of his life abroad. Every evening he would go for a walk and pick up rubbish n stuff in a bag, i was astonished to see most of the uni faculty making fun of him n calling him crazy. And this was a damn uni where all highly educated ppl of society work.
We as a society have dreams of grandeur and think we r something special but in reality we r not. Even in religion we showoff as very religious but in reality are hypocrites.

They all think the chooray will come and clean up for them. This is the national attitude.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom