What's new

Nawaz inaugurates Gwadar-Hoshab (M-8) portion of CPEC

@krash

It seems that you are from GB so I would like to ask as you mentioned in one of your posts that khunjerab to Raikot is 100% complete?

In addition what is the progress from Raikot to Manshera.

Sukriya

@krash

It seems that you are from GB so I would like to ask as you mentioned in one of your posts that khunjerab to Raikot is 100% complete?

In addition what is the progress from Raikot to Manshera.

Sukriya

I'm actually from Lahore, I just frequent GB a lot. It's my second home.

Yes, the Khunjrab-Raikot stretch has been completed since a while (only some touch up work remains on the Atabad Lake bypass). There are two more phases to the KKH left. The Hazara Motorway is the 2nd phase, work on which is currently in full swing. This motorway itself will be built in two phases, first from the M1 at Hassanabdal till Havelian and then second from Havelian till Mansehra. The third phase will see the expansion of the KKH stretch from Mansehra till Raikot. As per my knowledge, the contract for this stretch was recently finalized in 2015, so the work will begin shortly.

The Kaghan Valley road is also to be expanded, to provide an alternative route from Mansehra to Chillas. This route will connect Mansehra with the KKH just beyond Chillas, via Naran and the Babusar pass. It will cut a lot of travel time when compared to the classical KKH route going through Bhesham, Pattan, Dassu and Chillas.

I'm actually from Lahore, I just frequent GB a lot. It's my second home.

Yes, the Khunjrab-Raikot stretch has been completed since a while (only some touch up work remains on the Atabad Lake bypass). There are two more phases to the KKH left. The Hazara Motorway is the 2nd phase, work on which is currently in full swing. This motorway itself will be built in two phases, first from the M1 at Hassanabdal till Havelian and then second from Havelian till Mansehra. The third phase will see the expansion of the KKH stretch from Mansehra till Raikot. As per my knowledge, the contract for this stretch was recently finalized in 2015, so the work will begin shortly.

The Kaghan Valley road is also to be expanded, to provide an alternative route from Mansehra to Chillas. This route will connect Mansehra with the KKH just beyond Chillas, via Naran and the Babusar pass. It will cut a lot of travel time when compared to the classical KKH route going through Bhesham, Pattan, Dassu and Chillas.

is there any map available for road.

Can I? I have. Way too many times. These are 22 wheeler trucks parked on their way back to China,

2901572830_b0982bf8c0.jpg

These are 22 wheeler trucks that came from China (notice the height of the containers on the trailers),

fami383.jpg

More 22 wheelers parked at Sost,

Sost_Pakistan_Customs_and_Chinese_Trucks_IMG_7494_China_Pakistan_Karakoram_Highway_KKH.jpg

Sost_Pakistan_IMG_7749_Karakoram_Highway.jpg

All of these are massive trucks (both in length and height, larger than the truck you showed me), they don't come much bigger than these, unless your planning to attach multiple trailers to your truck. These guys have been travelling on the KKH for years, since way before the expansion happened.

Cargo trucks' trailers are built to standard specifications; height, width, length and weight for each specification (6 wheeler, 8 whealer, 10 whealer, etc, etc.). Governments dictate the allowed specifications and the manufacturers are not allowed to exceed these standard limitations. Why? Because roads, bridges and tunnels are built to standard specifications. The trucks then are built according to the specifications of the trailers. The height of the vehicle is determined by the top of the container (which are also built to standard sizes) on the trailer. The reason why those EU trucks seem big to you in height is because the truck's driver's compartment is also as tall as the container on the trailer behind it. The north american trucks look even bigger because they are less compact from from to back, their engines are in front of the cabin rather than below. That Mercedes truck that you showed is a future concept of a 10 wheeler truck + trailer for 2025, both of which will also be built to standard limitations. So in short, roads, tunnels and bridges are all built to standard specifications (as is the KKH) and the auto-manufacturers build their trucks and trailers to these predetermined limitations. Otherwise you'd have a hell of a mess everywhere in the world.

Now, as I said before, the pictures aren't quite giving you the correct perspective. Notice the height perspective these vehicles give to the tunnels,

8003.jpg

Lowari-4.jpg

Pak-China-Tunnels-at-Attabad-Lake-Hunza-3.jpg

This one is an actual 22-wheeler passing through the tunnel under the Lowari Pass, which isn't even a part of the CPEC,

Friendship-tunnel-600x3301.jpg

***Continued......

Nice one mate. The visuals were bit confusing at first sight but you explained in good detail.

I hope the planners are also taking into account that these roads might one day take trade load all the way to Russia and whatever is in between, not just China. And I hope one day, Jeremy Clarkson with his gang and their super cars criss crossing these roads :) .

Nawaz looking unhappy next to sharif. Wonder what's going through his mind.

is there any map available for road.

Google maps :p

Nice one mate. The visuals were bit confusing at first sight but you explained in good detail.

I hope the planners are also taking into account that these roads might one day take trade load all the way to Russia and whatever is in between, not just China. And I hope one day, Jeremy Clarkson with his gang and their super cars criss crossing these roads :) .

Clarkson and his gang aren't with Top Gear any more :(

Back
Top Bottom