What's new

Narendra Modi says govt will develop Bodh Gaya as spiritual capital

magudi

Reaction score
Country
India
Bodh Gaya, Bihar: Describing Bodh Gaya as the “land of enlightenment”, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Saturday his government would develop the site as the spiritual capital for it to serve as a civilizational bond between India and the Buddhist world.

“I recognize how Buddhists all over the world revere Bodh Gaya as a place of pilgrimage. We in India would like to develop Bodh Gaya so that it can become the spiritual capital and civilizational bond between India and the Buddhist world,” Modi said after visiting the Mahabodhi Temple. “The government of India would like to provide all possible support that its Buddhist cousin nations need for the satisfaction of their spiritual needs from this holiest of holy places for them,” he said.

Describing Buddha as a “crown jewel” of India, which accepts all ways of worship, he said he revered Buddha as a reformer of not only Hinduism but also the world, who gave a new world view and vision which is critical for survival of all.

“This quality of Hinduism in India was a product of many great spiritual masters and chief among them was Buddha. And this is what sustains the secular character of India,” he said, adding that the enlightenment which Buddha attained in Bodh Gaya also lit the light of enlightenment in Hinduism.

He said he as Prime Minister felt good to visit the holy place after Jawaharlal Nehru and Atal Bihari Vajpayee, noting that it was special to be here on Janmashtami, the birthday of Lord Krishna. PTI

Narendra Modi says govt will develop Bodh Gaya as spiritual capital - Livemint

Few Pics of Buddhist Religious Capital :
@Chinese-Dragon @ChineseTiger1986 @anug @Nihonjin1051
bodhgaya045.jpg

Tree:
bodhi-tree-bodhgaya.jpg
bihar-Bodh-Gaya-The-Most-Revered-of-All-Buddhist-Sacred-Sites1.jpg
1.jpg
Mahabodhitemple.jpg

003.jpg
1_19_182_bodh_gaya_938_410.jpg
bodhgaya-main-img.jpg

@GURU DUTT @Color_Less_Sky @samv @levina @Armstrong @others

Bodh Gaya, Bihar: Describing Bodh Gaya as the “land of enlightenment”, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Saturday his government would develop the site as the spiritual capital for it to serve as a civilizational bond between India and the Buddhist world.

“I recognize how Buddhists all over the world revere Bodh Gaya as a place of pilgrimage. We in India would like to develop Bodh Gaya so that it can become the spiritual capital and civilizational bond between India and the Buddhist world,” Modi said after visiting the Mahabodhi Temple. “The government of India would like to provide all possible support that its Buddhist cousin nations need for the satisfaction of their spiritual needs from this holiest of holy places for them,” he said.

Describing Buddha as a “crown jewel” of India, which accepts all ways of worship, he said he revered Buddha as a reformer of not only Hinduism but also the world, who gave a new world view and vision which is critical for survival of all.

“This quality of Hinduism in India was a product of many great spiritual masters and chief among them was Buddha. And this is what sustains the secular character of India,” he said, adding that the enlightenment which Buddha attained in Bodh Gaya also lit the light of enlightenment in Hinduism.

He said he as Prime Minister felt good to visit the holy place after Jawaharlal Nehru and Atal Bihari Vajpayee, noting that it was special to be here on Janmashtami, the birthday of Lord Krishna. PTI

Narendra Modi says govt will develop Bodh Gaya as spiritual capital - Livemint
darinder moodee trying to be secular now but he is a wolf who is trying to prey by wearing false sheep skin/secularism over him he is trying to woo all seculars and bhudists and traditional vote bank of BSP :pissed:

Potential is there. But I doubt anything like this can happen in Bihar. Just take a look at the mess we have created in name of Nalanda University.

so if some bhramin tommorow sayas that he declares me a to be a bhramin do i become bhramin ?

Sirjee anyone can be a Brahmin subject to following conditons (Gita 18:42)

शमो दमस्तप: शौचं क्षान्तिरार्जवमेव च |
ज्ञानं विज्ञानमास्तिक्यं ब्रह्मकर्म स्वभावजम्

I believe Mr. Modi has all the qualities/brahminical gunas mentioned above - Self-control, tranquility, uprightness, patience, purity, humility, learning so yes he can be declared a Brahmin

hell yes !! :D
And our tourism department had done zilch to promote this place so far. Unfortunate!
I hope this step by the Modi government will bring Buddha's birth place in the limelight again. :)

And soon Modi 'll be called a bad influence on Buddhism. :devil:

Back
Top Bottom