Pakistan Space Agency

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Mystery of trip from Lochaber to Lahore in the 1960s
Updated: 23/01/20, 12:10 pm

NO-F04-Lochaber-to-Lahore.jpeg

NO F04 Lochaber to Lahore

The Lochaber Times has been contacted to try to help solve a bit of a mystery concerning a man’s trip from Lochaber to Lahore in Pakistan in a VW campervan in the 1960s when apparently the story featured in the pages of The Oban Times.

Zain Sehgal writes: ‘This is a long shot. I am trying to retrace my grandfather’s steps and remember an article in the late 1960s written about him whereby he travelled from Lochaber to Lahore in his VW campervan.

‘I have a few photos of him and his VW but cannot seem to find the actual newspaper cutting from back then.

‘A friend of mine suggested to contact yourselves to see if you could help locate this in any of the archives.

‘As a family, we are sorting out his affairs and found a few pictures and would love to know more about his journey in the article that was written then.’

Mr Sehgal goes on to explain that the story of his grandfather’s journey made headlines in the local papers at the time.

He added: ‘And as far as other family members recall, the headline was along the lines of “Lochaber man drives to Lahore” or similar. ‘

If anyone can remember this story or perhaps has a copy of the actual newspaper from back then, get in touch with the Lochaber Times office in Fort William and we will pass on the information to Mr Sehgal.

https://www.obantimes.co.uk/2020/01/23/mystery-of-trip-from-lochaber-to-lahore-in-the-1960s/#null

Back
Top Bottom