What's new

Musharraf ‘wants’ graceful 2nd exile !!!

If he broke the law of the land,suspended the constitution of the country,handed over people to a foreign power without holding their trial in Pakistan, suspended and arrested the sitting bench of the supreme court,to name but a fewthings, and the judiciary wants to try him where is the bias in this? Can you people really not see what he did wrong. Please dont come back with the silly argument of why not XYor Z. It will never change the fact that he did all those things for which he needs to answer and defend his case. The interesting thing is that as soon as he is arrested you have every Tom dick and Harry coming out in support of him. He is on trial and should answer hjs accusators.
Araz

You may have misunderstood my post.

I fully support a trial against Musharraf's actions, but the trial has to be fair. Otherwise we will end up looking at another siyasi shaheed as if others weren't enough. CJ's personal grudge will provide all sorts of excuses to him later on.

You may be correct Sir. Gen Musharraf is obviously too intelligent to fall for the delusion that he or his party stood any real chance of getting elected, so the real reason for his return is something else, like you indicate.
You would be surprised at what vanity can do to people. Even after the same vanity bit him already in Kargil.

This is exactly why Kiyani says that he can't win against the Islamist enemy without "unflinching support of the masses" - because what happens if he and his officers are tried at a later date for doing their duty as they saw it then but political winds have changed now?

Mr. Musharraf is "Charged", not convicted, lets keep that in mind - political winds are not going to just blow one way - and the CJP and company will also retire one day, and they too will face political winds that will bring into contest their activism even as mllions of cases go unresolved in Pakistan

this argument is invalid.. the line above it is totally irrelevant.

lets keep in mind that the topic "Musharraf wants a graceful second exile".. yes he is not charged, let him face fair trial.

and I am of the opinion that he should be hanged to set an example for all those in line, who want to walk the path of Sikandar/Ayub/Yahya/Zia/Musharraf..

lets close this "chor darwaza to power."

this argument is invalid.. the line above it is totally irrelevant.

lets keep in mind that the topic "Musharraf wants a graceful second exile".. yes he is not charged, let him face fair trial.

and I am of the opinion that he should be hanged to set an example for all those in line, who want to walk the path of Sikandar/Ayub/Yahya/Zia/Musharraf..

Why not hang first Noora and Kaana CJ ? First one tried kill an army chief and plane full of people and the second one not only validated Coup but also freed many Militants.

If Kaana or anyone will try to go that path to prevent any future military take over, they might be infact initiating another take over at the same time. If an army can take over to protect its chief in the air, the can also easily take over to save him from a terrorist sympathizer moroon CJ.

And also why not hang terrorists like Lal masjid cleric involved in murder of dozens of Pakistanis and was caught while escaping burka? he is free only because some pro Taliban moroons declared him innocent in their kangroo courts.

I'm not sure if you are old enough to remember or you are simply misrepresenting - but recall how Musharraf came to power
Chor Darwaza? Yes, OK, sure - but why so selective in your condemnation? What of the political parties that enabled the use of of the chor darwaza, and in particular what of the Judiciary that stamped it's approval -- look, I get your point, but if retribution is to be imited to just Musharraf, then there's going to be a problem - I hope all "political forces" will be conscious that they have as much to lose as those they seek retribution from - Z A Bhutto was also terribly popular -- political winds never stay constant.

he should face trial of suspending the constitution, example must be set as a warning for the rest of them !!

Exactly.

Let's keep a few facts in mind:

- Musharraf has demonstrated his arrogance where he believes himself to be above the law and suspend the constitution when he finds it inconvenient. Such a person does not belong within ten miles of the top post. The court is absolutely right to bar him from politics for life.

- Blaming the CJ for 'letting off terrorists' is a favorite refrain of the Musharraf apologists but that is how the rule of law works. If we want to be a nation of laws, we must accept the whole package. If Musharraf's prosecutors couldn't provide the evidence, the law must acquit. There's no use throwing tantrums and suspending the constitution if your prosecution team is incompetent.

no one is complaining about the fücking law, nor Musharraf himself. He came here knowing that these dogs will try to bite him but still he thinks of himself clearing before 'law' because he knew, he has nothing to fear if he is gone through an unbiased judicial process.

The problems is with these baboons in the courts. One tried to include anti-terrorist clauses into his case, although it were nor his job nor was it needed. He wanted to humiliate Musharraf and put his life in dangour by handing over him to ordinary policeman.

Also, why don't the moroons inside SC form a full bench? Why this kanaa is forcing 3 member bench constituting of his cronies? Why kanaa moroon is trying to be above the law by provoking the govt and hearing the Artile 6 's petitions when this is solely at the disposal of federal govt ?

Who is above the law? Just because these moroons have got inside the courts, it doesn't mean they are the LAW or what they say is the law.

in 18th (IIRC) amendment, last govt included maximum disqualification duration from election process to 5 years under any circumstances,,, so why the dog inside PHC gave a ruling of barring him from election for life? Where is the LAW? Under which LAW he did this.. ? Musharraf is not convicted of a single crime,, Why he did it at first place? Where is LAW?

And the kangroo courts allowed many fake degree holders, corrupt politicians into election, Where is the LAW?

I'm not sure if you are old enough to remember or you are simply misrepresenting - but recall how Musharraf came to power
Chor Darwaza? Yes, OK, sure - but why so selective in your condemnation? What of the political parties that enabled the use of of the chor darwaza, and in particular what of the Judiciary that stamped it's approval -- look, I get your point, but if retribution is to be imited to just Musharraf, then there's going to be a problem - I hope all "political forces" will be conscious that they have as much to lose as those they seek retribution from - Z A Bhutto was also terribly popular -- political winds never stay constant.

let there is be selective judgement, but atleast let there be some, like you said Ch Iftikhar and "gang" wont be here forever, so they will face their own fate, even if not, atleast the chor would be aware that there can be punishment for sneaking into power.

why is it you guys become so defensive and do all this hue and cry when it comes down to bring a uniform guy under trial? and start is hamam mein sab nagay hain mantra ?

jab javed hashmi, nawaz sharif, saad rafique etc ko pakro tou sidha adiyala jail, general retired musharraf hath aye tou farm house sab jail? plus graceful exile ki baaten?? WAH stop being military apologist if you are sincere with fixing our country !!

You may be correct Sir. Gen Musharraf is obviously too intelligent to fall for the delusion that he or his party stood any real chance of getting elected, so the real reason for his return is something else, like you indicate.

what could be those reasons?

first as far as I judge the military wasnt in favour of him coming back.. they obviously see him being trialed as humiliation..

what is his use for anyone/army in local context and international ?

anti-terrorist clauses

I agree the anti-terrorism charges related to Benazir etc. are bogus.

in 18th (IIRC) amendment, last govt included maximum disqualification duration from election process to 5 years under any circumstances,,,

Well, I looked it up and here is the text:

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Full text of 18th Amendment Bill

“63. Disqualifications for membership of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament). (1) A person shall be disqualified from being elected or chosen as, and from being, a member of the Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament),
[...]
(g) he has been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction for propagating any opinion, or acting in any manner, prejudicial to the ideology of Pakistan, or the sovereignty, integrity or security of Pakistan, or the integrity or independence of the judiciary of Pakistan, or which defames or brings into ridicule the judiciary or the Armed Forces of Pakistan, unless a period of five years has elapsed since his release;

Maybe that's the loophole. The five year clock runs after one has served the time.

If the PHC sentences Musharraf to lifetime house arrest for suspending the constitution, then it is in compliance with the law. (I'm just guessing here.)

I agree the anti-terrorism charges related to Benazir etc. are bogus.

Well, I looked it up and here is the text:

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Full text of 18th Amendment Bill

Maybe that's the loophole. The five year clock runs after one has served the time.

If the PHC sentences Musharraf to lifetime house arrest for suspending the constitution, then it is in compliance with the law. (I'm just guessing here.)

He is NOT convicted of any crime. This clause cannot be applied here.

Exactly.

Let's keep a few facts in mind:

- Musharraf has demonstrated his arrogance where he believes himself to be above the law and suspend the constitution when he finds it inconvenient. Such a person does not belong within ten miles of the top post. The court is absolutely right to bar him from politics for life.

- Blaming the CJ for 'letting off terrorists' is a favorite refrain of the Musharraf apologists but that is how the rule of law works. If we want to be a nation of laws, we must accept the whole package. If Musharraf's prosecutors couldn't provide the evidence, the law must acquit. There's no use throwing tantrums and suspending the constitution if your prosecution team is incompetent.

I am amazed at some people who have lived abroad, yet fail to understand rule of law..

musharraf and the original sin !!

Like a bad penny - Babar Sattar

let there is be selected judgement, but atleast let there be some, like you said Ch Iftikhar and "gang" wont be here forever, so they will face their own fate, even if not, atleast the chor would be aware that there can be punishment for sneaking into power.

why is it you guys become so defensive and do all this hue and cry when it comes down to bring a uniform guy under trial? and start is hamam mein sab nagay hain mantra ?

jab javed hashmi, nawaz sharif, saad rafique etc ko pakro tou sidha adiyala jail, general retired musharraf hath aye tou farm house sab jail? plus graceful exile ki baaten?? WAH stop being military apologist if you are sincere with fixing our country !!

This is an unfair suggestion - what you are saying is that it's our turn and we will get satisfaction, and when it's your turn you too can get satisfaction -- how then will things change?

Lets be clear, I'm not opposing Mr. Musharraf facing charges, but when Marri, Mengal and Bugti can return and have charges "forgotten' and speak of conciliation, why not for Musharraf? Why those responsible for the deaths for more than 50, 000 Pakistanis are to be negotiated with (PTI and IK) but somehow Musharraf must be made an example.

Charge and try Mr. Musharraf, but have some dignity about it, and ensure that no one can say that there was not fair play

what could be those reasons?

first as far as I judge the military wasnt in favour of him coming back.. they obviously see him being trialed as humiliation..

what is his use for anyone/army in local context and international ?

I think he is one of the pieces in place to control the aftermath of the election. If PTI wins, all is well. If PMLN wins, then useful distractions will be needed to keep things fractious. Gen Musharraf's trials will be one of those items. 35 contestants without verified degrees who have been allowed to run for elections are another useful item to change the makeup of the Parliament by disqualifications and bye-elections will be another. The real power will remain outside of the civilian's reach.

He is NOT convicted of any crime. This clause cannot be applied here.

http://beta.dawn.com/news/794863/musharraf-on-judicial-remand-for-14-days-in-bb-murder-case

A four-member larger bench, [...] ruled that since Musharraf had abrogated the Constitution twice, he could not be allowed to contest elections for either the National Assembly or the Senate.

Announcing the decision, Justice Khan said Musharraf had imposed an illegal emergency and targeted the judiciary, therefore the court was imposing a life-time ban on the retired general, barring him from contesting polls for the national and provincial assemblies as well as the Senate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom