What's new

Milgem class Corvette of Bangladesh Navy

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh is interested in Milgem Class Corvette of Turkey. As it was never discussed here i am opening a thread on this.

For link/source - various source confirm this but there is no official confirmation of it yet. At least i failed to find.

Anyway Quote from PDF member Mr. Khaled M Ali who apparently works in Bangladesh Armed Forces

BN has inspected the Turkish Milgem Class and has expressed intention to locally produce the vessels; BN initially gave out tender for 4x corvettes and as much as a further planned 12x corvettes will be procured by 2020.

A quote from a turkey member on this forum

The Bangladesh Navy plans to eventually induct twelve to sixteen MİLGEM class guided missile corvettes with at least 4 vessels inducted over the next 10 years. The vessels of Bangladesh will be constructed at the Khulna Shipyard (KSY) which is owned and operated by the Bangladesh Navy.

And wiki page of Bangladesh Navy -
4x Milgem class Corvette on Discussion

%282%29.JPG

listed below is the weapon system that is apparently requested to equip Milgem.

1 - 76 mm AK-176 (Main gun)
WNRussian_3-60_ak176_pic.jpg

2 - OTO 40 mm (CIWS)
28ba497d-268f-4fb6-97a0-4cc6151ced60.Large.jpg

3 - C-802 or C-803 (SSM)
C-802-ASCM-Iran-1S.jpg

4 - FM-90N/Crotale (SHORAD)
PLA-N-HHQ-7-Naval-Crotale-3S.jpg

5 - STOP 25/30/35 mm (Auto-cannon)
Stop.jpg

6 - STAMP 12.7 mm (RCWS-MG)
aselsansilahyu4.jpg

7 - Yu-7 or Mu-90 (Torpedo)
164H95b8-2.jpg

8- ASW Helicopter
Harbin-Z9EC_7.jpg

9- No vertical Launching System

Soon few selected people shall bring up the terms such as 'speculators', 'liars' and so forth!

On Topic:- I did not find any confirmed news of it either and this has been there for a long time now. But just for discussion sake, it should definitely be a good platform from us and as we are building petrol vessels now in KSY, the experience should help in Milgem as well. But its all rumors as of yet.

Our navy needs few more frigates, corvettes and 2-3 subs in few years time. I believe we lack in striking capability as well and so it should be looked into. The air arm should get more matured.

Werent we supposed to get 3 frigates from China? That news was confirmed...what happened to that?

Cheers!!!

Soon few selected people shall bring up the terms such as 'speculators', 'liars' and so forth!

On Topic:- I did not find any confirmed news of it either and this has been there for a long time now. But just for discussion sake, it should definitely be a good platform from us and as we are building petrol vessels now in KSY, the experience should help in Milgem as well. But its all rumors as of yet.

Our navy needs few more frigates, corvettes and 2-3 subs in few years time. I believe we lack in striking capability as well and so it should be looked into. The air arm should get more matured.

Werent we supposed to get 3 frigates from China? That news was confirmed...what happened to that?

Cheers!!!

lol, sir ignore them. It is a forum to discuss everything related to military, even including probability of procuring and assumption. If we post news only then there is no difference between a forum and a defence news site. Anyway, 3 frigates of china will be delivered within 2013 i guess

lol, sir ignore them. It is a forum to discuss everything related to military, even including probability of procuring and assumption. If we post news only then there is no difference between a forum and a defence news site. Anyway, 3 frigates of china will be delivered within 2013 i guess

Yes sir, I like the idea of ignoring them who starts Khajua Pachal and distract us. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

listed below is the weapon system that is apparently requested to equip Milgem.

5 - STOP 25/30/35 mm (Auto-cannon)
Stop.jpg

Is this similar to Phalax in mechanism?

Wow, a stealth corvette to be manufactured in Bangladesh? Sounds too good to be true. And if it is, I'd be happy :woot:

It would certainly be big news!

The BN can really use some submarines. Any news of the status of the procurement plans?

Is this similar to Phalax in mechanism?

Nope, Phalax is CIWS (Close-in weapon system) and uses a gattling cannon (M-61).

Phalanx_CIWS_test_fire_-_081107-N-5416W-003.jpg

The OTO 40mm posted here is however CIWS. So it is more comparable, but gun is totally different.
DARDO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Farhaan, what company is supplying that autocannon? I have never heard of STOP.

Harbin z9 is on order from China. i just showed which one is ordered... is there any problem with that????

No I don't think anybody here has any problem. He was just mentioning that it is PN chopper.

Wow, a stealth corvette to be manufactured in Bangladesh? Sounds too good to be true. And if it is, I'd be happy :woot:

The BN can really use some submarines. Any news of the status of the procurement plans?

Nope, Phalax is CIWS (Close-in weapon system) and uses a gattling cannon (M-61).

Phalanx_CIWS_test_fire_-_081107-N-5416W-003.jpg

The OTO 40mm posted here is however CIWS. So it is more comparable, but gun is totally different.
DARDO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Farhaan, what company is supplying that autocannon? I have never heard of STOP.

em bro, google search shows nothing. The source is bd military , and some people were discussing about it in a turkey website.. They seemed familiar with stop. So most probably it is related to ASELSAN.

Thats because the topic name itself is misleading and a lie.

'Milgem class Corvette of Bangladesh Navy'

This should mean that Bangladesh have such ship and people want to discuss about it.

Rest I leave to MODS.

They have been tolerating such lies and chest thumping for quite some time now.

GB

I will be happy too if you provide links/sources for above claim of stealth corvette being manufactured in Bangladesh.

I will be happy too if you provide links/sources for above claim of stealth corvette being manufactured in Bangladesh.

I suppose English is not your first language or that you have comprehension/logic problems(?)

Read S-L-O-W-L-Y...

The Government of Bangladesh announced an ambitious defense procurement plan in February 2009 for a major purchase of weaponry, equipment and hardware for its armed forces, including anti-tank and anti-ship missile systems, aircraft for maritime patrol, frigates, tanks and helicopters. The Parliamentary standing committee in principle agreed to a 10-year development program in June 2009, under which the navy is to acquire 3 missile frigates, 3 large offshore patrol vessels with helicopter deck (2 already acquired, with a third in the process), 12 patrol craft, submarines, 2 landing craft (utility), 2 hydro-graphic research ship ( 1 acquired), 1 salvage vessel, 4 Fast Attack Craft (Missile) and install guided weapons systems in some ships to strengthen their combat capability. Following BNS Osman, BNS Bangabandhu, the most modern ship of Bangladesh Navy, is going to be equipped with maritime helicopter, air defence and anti-ship missile. Bangladesh Navy is currently in the process of replacing its three age-old ex-Royal Navy frigates (BNS Abu Bakar, BNS Ali Haider and BNS Umar Farooq) with modern frigates within the next couple of years and also preparing to add submarines to its fleet by 2019.

On discussion:
3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from China,
2x Dornier 228 NG MPA (Germany) - contract signed on 23 June 2011.
New generation of light and heavy Torpedoes (EU + China),
4x guided missile corvette (Turkey - Milgem),
3x Submarine (Turkey / Germany / South Korea).

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Navy
http://www.bangladeshnavy.org/vision.html

Please, try to find the information you want by yourself other than being spoonfed all the time.

Farhaan got the info from the BD military site, and it is a very reliable website. Links to other forums cannot be posted here.

I suppose English is not your first language or that you have comprehension/logic problems(?)

Read S-L-O-W-L-Y...

Sources:
Bangladesh Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
::Bangladesh Navy:::..........About BN

Please, try to find the information you want by yourself other than being spoonfed all the time.

Farhaan got the info from the BD military site, and it is a very reliable website. Links to other forums cannot be posted here.

All what Wikipedia says is sources by BDmilitary.

BD Military is full of lies which has been proven and discussed on this very Bangladesh Forum section of this website many times.

They even said that Bangladesh sent pilots on F-18 training which was a big lie as proven on this very forum.

You particularly wrote that stealth corvettes can be manufactured in Bangladesh. I asked you for link/sources which you are yet to post.

To add further, since you are quoting me wikipedia pages here is one for you.

The Wikipedia page of Milgem itself which doest talk about potential export to Bangladesh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgem_class_corvette

If BN is in talks of Milgem then there must be some reference on Turkish websites as well.

Links to other forums cannot be posted here.

They can be.

Read S-L-O-W-L-Y...

The topic header Milgem class Corvette of Bangladesh Navy

Which means Milgem is already a part of Bangladesh Navy. It doest say in future or probably.

All the information that you posted says Milgem is in discussion (for which the sources are unreliable) where as the topic header says something else.

I have told you at least 5 times. As per forum rules if a member claims/posts something it is his responsibility to provide links/sources.

GB

P.S: - The same BD Military site claimed in 2007 that L-159's were spotted in the skies of Bangladesh and they were under evaluation for BAF as trainers.

What happened to the claims of your reliable site?

On discussion:
2x Dornier 228 NG MPA (Germany) - contract signed on 23 June 2011.

Wrong as usual. They are bought from Ruag Aviation which is a Swiss firm who makes Do-228 under license and not from Germany as you have mentioned.

Bangladesh navy buys two Ruag Do 228NGs
3x Submarine (Turkey / Germany / South Korea).

Links/Source please.

Please tell me which indegenious subs turkey or South Korea makes?

HDW subs are made under license and Turkey and Korea can't export the same to third parties.

3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from China,

Links/Source please. Kindly inform which guided missile frigates have been ordered from China.

GB

Back
Top Bottom