What's new

The 100% completion of hull of the Offshore Patrol Vessel

damiendehorn

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
A delegation from Kenyan Department of Fisheries headed by their Director Administration Mr. Harun Rashid Khator visiting the shipyard on 29 Nov 2015 to witness the 100% completion of hull of the Offshore Patrol Vessel that Western Marine Shipyard is building for Kenyan Department of Fisheries. The shipyard expects to deliver the ship by the end of 2016.

hull-of-the-Offshore-Patrol-Vessel-1024x793.jpg

fa4c80ae29d2cb399cab4dc49d434971_XL.jpg

On the way to our first naval OPV export, expected around the end of this year.

I made some notes on this earlier at the Made in Bangladesh thread. The hull and superstructure are being built separately as modules I believe, anyways this is a first export of a sea-going defence warship from Bangladesh. You have to start somewhere I guess but this was a very good start in my opinion.

The reason is that this OPV uses screw prop _and_ large Water-jet power. Integrating both is a good step up in the naval manufacturing skill set. Twin Screw props for economical cruise and maneuverability and adding a lone Water-jet shaft for a little hustle if needed. Best of both worlds for our future naval needs and builds. :-)

https://defence.pk/threads/made-in-bangladesh.371875/page-18#post-8202672

Last edited:
I made some notes on this earlier at the Made in Bangladesh thread. The hull and superstructure are being built separately as modules I believe, anyways this is a first export of a sea-going defence warship from Bangladesh. You have to start somewhere I guess but this was a very good start in my opinion.

The reason is that this OPV uses screw prop _and_ large Water-jet power. Integrating both is a good step up in the naval manufacturing skill set. Twin Screw props for economical cruise and maneuverability and adding a lone Water-jet shaft for a little hustle if needed. Best of both worlds for our future naval needs and builds. :-)

https://defence.pk/threads/made-in-bangladesh.371875/page-18#post-8202672

Yep bro, a really good start. And they should be launching in mid November 2016. Bangladesh Coast Guards need to take a closer look at buying a larger version of this @ 800-900 tonnes.

Back
Top Bottom