LDA - Metro bus route fatal mistake in front of LGH

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The map around lahore general hospital

zTs5FGQ.png

The road area sealed off infront of the hospital without any u-turn / direct access to hospital for the incoming emergency from opposite side of road

the map ends here but it took me 20minutes to reach a u-turn just to go to the opposite side of the road on which i travelled another 20 minutes to reach lgh on the other side

LGH deals with head trauma emergencies

FXYRauE.png

The read line shows the sealed off barrier between the two opposite roads-- it also shows the metro bus route

If there is a provision for access [ which i highly doubt as they have sealed off by concrete and made a permanent bus stop enclosure , rather than a direct access road to lgh] ,its should be there right from day1 -- its criminal / inhumane not to give ambulance direct access road on priority basis . instead they gave a metro bus sealed enclosure thus permenantly blocking access to opp. side of road

LGH before the so called developement

mlTmvgf.jpg

Now, After the metro bus barricades which continue for 20 minutes without a u-turn
G90zQIk.jpg

I am not pro- ppp/pml/pti
I am disappointed by all of them

If there is a person who can send this public service message to shahbaz sharif, please do--- It will save lives

Create an open access road / catchment area for emergency traffic to come from both sides of the road for God's sake

Last edited:
well i visit that place very often... the doctors and 1122 guys take the elevated U turn at Qainchi and then take the service road to LGH... an alternate route is to cross the Ferozepur road at Ghazi road junction (which will also be closed in the near future) and then take the service road...
After the completion of the ongoing U-turn immediately after the LGH the traveling route will be simplified and problem will cease to exist

Its a showpiece, not an actual public transportation initiative. A great idea, but not implemented with the correct intentions.
jahal people playing with human life:tdown:

well i visit that place very often... the doctors and 1122 guys take the elevated U turn at Qainchi and then take the service road to LGH... an alternate route is to cross the Ferozepur road at Ghazi road junction (which will also be closed in the near future) and then take the service road...
After the completion of the ongoing U-turn immediately after the LGH the traveling route will be simplified and problem will cease to exist

People give direct access to governor house but not to lahore's biggest neuro emergency hospital -- you might get a u-turn in near future .. that too not directly infront of the hospital but right now there is no u-turn till 20minutes drive

these things should be present since day1 .. what about the people who expire for the months to come just because of wrong traffic management?

Is there a blogger / writer of some newspaper who can donate his voice to this cause?

Seems that whoever planned it was was not visionary enough to foresee this or just didnt consider a hospital important enough...

This is a showpiece project and not meant to solve transit/commuter issues. Also, this is a local hospital. Those who built Metro Bus get treatment abroad.

If you travel around their residences, not just Lahore, in every Pakistani city, they have streets cordoned off. In some places, they have forcefully occupied neighboring houses. In Karachi, Bhuttos closed the whole road and built a military grade fence in the middle of it to save the lives of pigs like Zardari and (fake) Bhuttos.

You live in a country where your life has zero meaning. You are only supposed to vote for them, hand your country to molest for 5 years and not raise a voice. If you dont vote, they will still win as they are good at stealing mandate.

@Manticore You noticed it now? I remember there was a lot of hue and cry in media over this when 2 - 3 people died in ambulances just because of this metro bus route in front of General Hospital. Then the govt allowed the ambulances to cross over the metro route near Kainchi and then use service road to reach the hospital. This is the solution used till date. But still, at service road, it takes extra time for ambulance to reach hospital.

@Manticore You noticed it now? I remember there was a lot of hue and cry in media over this when 2 - 3 people died in ambulances just because of this metro bus route in front of General Hospital. Then the govt allowed the ambulances to cross over the metro route near Kainchi and then use service road to reach the hospital. This is the solution used till date. But still, at service road, it takes extra time for ambulance to reach hospital.
Not all emergency patients come on ambulances

IyMV12f.png

is this the route taken by ambulances in a jampacked main road and narrow service lane .. a service lane which might also be used as parking space?

The map around lahore general hospital

zTs5FGQ.png

The road area sealed off infront of the hospital without any u-turn / direct access to hospital for the incoming emergency from opposite side of road

the map ends here but it took me 20minutes to reach a u-turn just to go to the opposite side of the road on which i travelled another 20 minutes to reach lgh on the other side

LGH deals with head trauma emergencies

FXYRauE.png

The read line shows the sealed off barrier between the two opposite roads-- it also shows the metro bus route

If there is a provision for access [ which i highly doubt as they have sealed off by concrete and made a permanent bus stop enclosure , rather than a direct access road to lgh] ,its should be there right from day1 -- its criminal / inhumane not to give ambulance direct access road on priority basis . instead they gave a metro bus sealed enclosure thus permenantly blocking access to opp. side of road

LGH before the so called developement

mlTmvgf.jpg

Now, After the metro bus barricades which continue for 20 minutes without a u-turn
G90zQIk.jpg

I am not pro- ppp/pml/pti
I am disappointed by all of them

If there is a person who can send this public service message to shahbaz sharif, please do--- It will save lives

Create an open access road / catchment area for emergency traffic to come from both sides of the road for God's sake
Good observation chief, i dont know why i had not noticed it earlier in Pindi, as metro bus is being constructed right outisde Civil Hospital, but they have provided a u turn only 50 meters away from A & E gate, not sure uf it will be a permanent.....
Health and Safety is something we all like to ignore, LDA building fire, Cold Storage deaths at Karachi airport and many more.....

Is there a blogger / writer of some newspaper who can donate his voice to this cause?

My house is at 15 minute drive from LGH, there is no remedy to this problem. Asif post aptly put the situation, Ambulances use service road, which start from qainchi and ends at Chungi amar sadu. There is no place left to modify the design to accommodate ambulances. It's like "Naqqar khanay mai touti ki awaz" now. Nor there are direct overhead bridge which can take onfoot patients to LGH directly , but overhead bridge is made 700-800 meter ahead of LGH.

You know there is 1122 rescue building which they partially demolished for Qainchi bridge. This 1122 used to cover 4-5 KM Walton road area, Ghazi road, Qainchi , Chungi Amar Sadu. They are scaling down their operations as well until their building gets relocated

Last edited:
i agree with what has been said above... they made a blunder of this but having said that the new u turn flyover being constructed will finish infront of the new ward building which is less than half a km before the emergency building.... this solution will work no doubt but this itself is a mockery... spending millions (if not billions) to rectify a mistake made by hasty planners... being a medic i am at least happy that things will improve for us and for common man as well. mitti pao in noon, pee and chee pe :)
having said that i am of the opinion that life to and fro from LGH, CH and JH has benefitted alot from metro project.. commuting on ferozepur road was a hastle ...a nightmare... this is no more the case...for easy access to LGH ideally speaking the planners should also have a pedestrian underpass in front of the emergency or the ward buildings just like the one we have for Services Hospital and one for the Fatima Jinnah Hospital (Ganga Ram)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom