What's new

KSA remains world’s leading UN aid donor

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi-funded%20Palestinian%20project.jpg

In this Feb. 4, 2014, file photo, Palestinians are seen at the balcony of their new house, part of 750 housing units of a Saudi-funded project led by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA). Saudi Arabia is the biggest donor to UN projects. (AFP)
RIYADH: MD RASOOLDEEN | ARAB NEWS STAFF

Published — Thursday 23 October 2014

Last update 23 October 2014 3:58 am

The Kingdom remains the leading donor of humanitarian aid to the United Nations, a leading official from the multilateral body said Wednesday.
Ibrahim Jawdat El-Ziq, UN resident coordinator in the Kingdom, was speaking as the body prepares to celebrate its 69th anniversary by illuminating the iconic Kingdom Tower with blue color in the capital on Friday.
The event is being held to mark UN Day — the day in 1945 when the organization's charter was ratified. The UN officially came into being with the ratification of the founding document by the majority of its signatories, including the five permanent members of the Security Council. Saudi Arabia is a founding member.
Events on Friday will include an exhibition, shows on television and the distribution of brochures about the United Nations.
He said Saudi Arabia, under the leadership of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah, remains the leading regional and global donor to the UN in terms of humanitarian aid. “It not only supports UN projects financially but also lends technical assistance to Maghrib and African countries."
He said Saudi Arabia recently donated SR1.8 billion for UN humanitarian projects in Iraq, SR750 million to refugees in Syria and SR1.8 billion for Gaza reconstruction projects. It has also helped set up projects to eradicate polio from endemic areas, he said.
The Kingdom also provides technical support in the agricultural field including the cultivation of date palm. Several countries are interested in learning from the Kingdom's management of the Haj. “Millions of pilgrims performing the same rituals simultaneously is a marvel,” he said.
He said the UN's main aim is to keep peace throughout the world and develop friendly relations among nations. It wants to ensure countries work together to improve the lives of the poor, conquer hunger, disease and illiteracy, and encourage respect for each other’s rights and freedoms. The UN also works to help member states achieve the Millennium Development Goals.

KSA remains world’s leading UN aid donor | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

we see in syria how helpful it is

Yes, the money given to the UN goes to rebuilding countries and helping people directly in need while your Ruskie terror regime supports the Child-Murderer in his quest for destroying Syria. You are just envious because KSA are generous and this feature has always been well-known among Arabians and Arabs.

UN has been praising KSA on numerous occasions. Don't recall that being the case with Russia.

UN chief thanks Saudi Arabia for donating $100 million to Counter Terrorism Centre | United Nations Radio

Ban thanks Saudi Arabia for backing UN aid effort in Iraq | Shanghai Daily

News in Arabic thanking KSA again which you cannot read.

http://www.unrwa.org/ar/newsroom/pr...لعام-للأونروا-يشكر-العربية-السعودية-على-دعمها

Yes, the money given to the UN goes to rebuilding countries and helping people directly in need while your Ruskie terror regime supports the Child-Murderer in his quest for destroying Syria. You are just envious because KSA are generous and this feature has always been well-known among Arabians and Arabs.

UN has been praising KSA on numerous occasions. Don't recall that being the case with Russia.

UN chief thanks Saudi Arabia for donating $100 million to Counter Terrorism Centre | United Nations Radio

Ban thanks Saudi Arabia for backing UN aid effort in Iraq | Shanghai Daily

News in Arabic thanking KSA again which you cannot read.

http://www.unrwa.org/ar/newsroom/pr...لعام-للأونروا-يشكر-العربية-السعودية-على-دعمها
ohh pooor saudi arabia paying for the things they were responsible in the first place

ohh pooor saudi arabia paying for the things they were responsible in the first place

Russia is the one that has been backing the Al-Assad terror regime and now you are sanctioned and boycotted too while your economy suffers.

KSA is not poor but among the most wealthy nations on the planet and so are its people. Much richer than your average Russian. In fact thousands of Russians (don't need to give details about some of their "jobs") go to the GCC in search of jobs and a better life despite it being located far away from most of Russia (excluding the Caucasus area).

KSA gets praised by UN several times a year while Russia is nowhere to be seen. We are its largest donor. Oh, wait half of the world has imposed sanctions on you. Congratulations.

Now leave Germany and return to Vladivostok, Murmansk or Siberia. You live in the "evil West".

Russia is the one that has been backing the Al-Assad terror regime and now you are sanctioned and boycotted too while your economy suffers.

KSA is not poor but among the most wealthy nations on the planet and so are its people. Much richer than your average Russian. In fact thousands of Russians (don't need to give details about some of their "jobs") go to the GCC in search of jobs and a better life despite it being located far away from most of Russia (excluding the Caucasus area).

KSA gets praised by UN several times a year while Russia is nowhere to be seen. We are its largest donor. Oh, wait half of the world has imposed sanctions on you. Congratulations.

Now leave Germany and return to Vladivostok, Murmansk or Siberia. You live in the "evil West".
you live in denmark why are you not leaving the godless land that insulted your prophet? Saudi arabia sponsored terrorism in syria thats why there is a civil war.
Saudi arabia is an oil country without oil you would be a third world country like yemen. Russia is much much much more diversified than your kingdom which you are defending in Denmark

1 russian region is as big as saudi economy go figure

Equivalent_countries_to_the_Nominal_GDP_of_federal_districts_in_Russia%2C_source_World_Bank_2012.png

Russia without natural resources would be old poor Russia as usual. You were totally irrelevant in world history for millenniums while the Arab world/ME was the center of the world for millenniums.

When we Arabs (we have created 3 of the 10 largest empires in human history) controlled almost half of the known world (including large parts of Europe and using you Slavs as Slaves - hence your name as Romans etc. have used you as slaves too historically) you were living on the barren Tundra or Pontic Steppe and were subjects of the Mongols who enslaved you too.

Am I supposed to be impressed by your economy? 65 million big France has an economy bigger than you and they don't have any natural resources. You are 150 million people.:lol: Try comparing China with KSA next time, clown. Besides 95% of your land has been stolen from locals until not very long ago.

KSA's economy 5 times over is a correct comparison with Russia and if that was the case our economy would be bigger despite you having more natural resources. So, so much for your "fantastic" economy.:lol: Why 5 times over? Because your population is 5 times bigger.

Lastly I live in Europe temporarily despite having ancestral ties to it and family here. Not in Denmark but elsewhere.

I defend KSA and the Arab world regardless of where I am currently based. If I was on the moon and had access to the internet I would write exactly in the same manner.

You on the other hand are an Russian migrant in Germany that openly hates the West yet prefers to live there than in your hellhole Murmansk, Vladivostok or wherever you came from.:lol:

Anyway I don't give a crap about Russia but keep trolling.

KSA is the main aid donor in the UN which is admirable and has been praised by the world community for that unlike Russia which is currently sanctioned by the Western world and heavily criticized for its role in Ukraine, Syria etc.

Last edited:
Russia without natural resources would be old poor Russia as usual. You were totally irrelevant in world history for millenniums while the Arab world/ME was the center of the world for millenniums.

When we Arabs (we have created 3 of the 10 largest empires in human history) controlled almost half of the known world (including large parts of Europe and using you Slavs as Slaves - hence your name as Romans etc. have used you as slaves too historically) you were living on the barren Tundra or Pontic Steppe and were subjects of the Mongols who enslaved you too.

Am I supposed to be impressed by your economy? 65 million big France has an economy bigger than you and they don't have any natural resources. You are 150 million people.:lol: Try comparing China with KSA next time, clown. Besides 95% of your land has been stolen from locals until not very long ago.

KSA's economy 5 times over is a correct comparison with Russia and if that was the case our economy would be bigger despite you having more natural resources. So, so much for your "fantastic" economy.:lol: Why 5 times over? Because your population is 5 times bigger.

Lastly I live in Europe temporarily despite having ancestral ties to it and family here. Not in Denmark but elsewhere.

I defend KSA and the Arab world regardless of where I am currently based. If I was on the moon and had access to the internet I would write exactly in the same manner.

You on the other hand are an Russian migrant in Germany that openly hates the West yet prefers to live there than in your hellhole Murmansk, Vladivostok or wherever you came from.:lol:

Anyway I don't give a crap about Russia but keep trolling.

KSA is the main aid donor in the UN which is admirable and has been praised by the world community for that unlike Russia which is currently sanctioned by the Western world and heavily criticized for its role in Ukraine, Syria etc.

First of i am Half German and i hate the west but not germany. I hate EU and US which are occupying my country. arabs bigger economy? nope

not a single time in history an arab state was top 5 economy

russia on the other hand was quite a lot of times in top 5 read more in this thread

How China and India had always the biggest Economies for centuries

only Egypt was once top 5 economy but guess what? in a time when they didnt spoke arabic but egyptian and used egyptian script

so how does it feel to be beaten by slaves in syria? Assad is still in power, you mad?

Besides 95% of your land has been stolen from locals until not very long ago.
most of the territory where your oil lies belongs to shia populated minority so whos talking here?

haha nope, we were top 3 economy for a lot of times see the topic i posted

russian exports
208893_0931ad6657df188ef2bd33b1fa88cdee.jpg

As I told you then you must compare KSA's economy 5-6 times over because Russia has a population 5-6 times bigger. In such a case KSA ALONE (let alone the entire Arab world) will have a bigger economy DESPITE having fewer natural resources. Twice as big actually.

LOL, some useless graph that only covers 2000 years. Maybe because that graph does not show empires that once ruled several countries at once such as the Arab empires or Semitic empires. No, but they were Semites. Just 1200 years ago there was nothing called Russian either. But before that Slavs existed although you guys history is recent too.

Assad is an Arab. An Arab nationalist in fact. So how are you winning?

Shias are Arabs and Saudi Arabians. Try again. 90% of your territory was stolen recently under the rule of German Tsars and the riches (99% of your natural resources are stolen from those regions) belong to those natives.

LOL, Russia has nothing to brag about in terms of economy. Considering the fact that you have the most natural resources of ALL countries, 150 million big population and the biggest land mass you are doing really, really bad.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your economy is only 3 times bigger than 30 million big KSA. 60 million big Italy has a bigger economy than you. With no natural resources.

As I told you then you must compare KSA's economy 5-6 times over because Russia has a population 5-6 times bigger. In such a case KSA ALONE (let alone the entire Arab world) will have a bigger economy DESPITE having fewer natural resources. Twice as big actually.

LOL, some useless graph that only covers 2000 years. Maybe because that graph does not show empires that once ruled several countries at once such as the Arab empires or Semitic empires. No, but they were Semites. Just 1200 years ago there was nothing called Russian either. But before that Slavs existed although you guys history is recent too.

Assad is an Arab. An Arab nationalist in fact. So how are you winning?

Shias are Arabs and Saudi Arabians. Try again. 90% of your territory was stolen recently under the rule of German Tsars and the riches (99% of your natural resources are stolen from those regions) belong to those natives.

LOL, Russia has nothing to brag about in terms of economy. Considering the fact that you have the most natural resources of ALL countries, 150 million big population and the biggest land mass you are doing really, really bad.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your economy is only 3 times bigger than 30 million big KSA. 60 million big Italy has a bigger economy than you. With no natural resources.
yet we are 3 times the size of saudi arabia economic size. How many people saudi arabia has? 30 million thats 90 million vs 143 million get your fact right

and russia is bigger than italy

It all depends on what you call aid: weapons for Islamic Front, funding muslim brotherhood cells, arming dagestanis terrorists?...

Even counting the real aid for the palestinians, it's totally useless to fight the JEWS, and is only building so the JEWS can have fun destroying

yet we are 3 times the size of saudi arabia economic size. How many people saudi arabia has? 30 million thats 90 million vs 143 million get your fact right

and russia is bigger than italy

150 million big Russia has only an economy that is 3 times bigger than 30 million big KSA despite you guys having WAY more natural resources and having a 7 times bigger landmass.

Also KSA is the biggest source of remittances in the world after the US. Many of our migrants do not contribute to the economy directly as much as locals and our women are a very small workforce due to moronic laws. Not the case in Russia either.

Let alone you benefitting from bordering Europe and thus being exposed to the industrialization and Western technology much more recently than anyone else outside of Western Europe/USA/Canada etc.

Oh, Jews have dominated Russian science and technology. Richest Russian oligarchs are Jews too. The Russian Mafia is controlled by Jews too.

90% of your territory was stolen recently under the rule of German Tsars and the riches (99% of your natural resources are stolen from those regions) belong to those natives.

lol whos talking, 99% of saudi arabia oil reserves is stolen from Shias

Oil-Gas-Fields-Map.gif

saudi-arabia-sunni-and-shia.jpg%3Fw%3D460%26h%3D342

Shia's are not an ethnic group you clown. They are identical to the Sunnis that live among them. All of them are Arabs, Semites and Saudi Arabians. NATIVES too.

Meanwhile 90% of Russia's current territory and all of their natural resources originate from lands inhabited by locals such as those;

All of Siberia, Far East Russia, Northern Russia (Basically 90% of your current territory) belongs to people like those:

All of Caucasus belongs to the natives as well.

Russians are then left with the small forested/flat areas around Moscow
with no resources or history of note.

Not your ordinary Ivanov or Smirnoff that lives in Moscow or Smolensk. Try again.

But keep bragging about your "amazing" economy and showing your butthurt here because KSA is the biggest UN aid donor.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom