What's new

Karachi to get the country’s tallest building, again

Sad day for civilization.

There should be no tall buildings, and human population should be well spread not to have to live hung in the air.

We should connect to the earth more than to avoid it.

PS: We shoudn't have large streets either nor other concrete covering everything that meets the eye. There should be jungle when you step outside the house, and birds chirping, and snakes crawling in your sandals.

this is pun right :cheesy:

28 floor is a decent count IMO... It`s a nice thing to hear a news like this...:tup:

errr... why are we comparing India to this building in this thread? :what:
development for people is not a concern in our mind set I think...

Aaj 28 hai to kal 100 ki dusri bhi ho sakti hai.... why are we just making our self a fool by denying it??

08_04_2007_016_003.jpg

6898541265_6816a46a19_b.jpg

I got this article on wikipedia, can anyone shed light on this.

Port Tower Complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this video should help you out

port towers complex is part of karachi water front and karachi water front is the second water front after dubai on 35000 acres of land and due to unstable political n economical conditions this project is delayed ..

CrescentBayPlot4.jpg

cresent bay is also one of master plans of city which is to be completed in 2015 due to same conditions on which karachi water front plan is delayed

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping that Karachi would going to get at least in coming years 2 x 1100 MWatts Thorium based power plants so that the shortage in coming time can be easily encountered. Ameen

I got this article on wikipedia, can anyone shed light on this.

Port Tower Complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

proposed in Mushraf regime, this project was to consturct artificial island and this Karachi port tower on that island.

no significant progress have been made but the design and consturcution plan is approved.

this building will be among the tallest buildings of the world.

since construction havent began as yet, so what is of more significance as far as skyscrappers go is the Centaurus and the Bahria Ico Tower both under construction

Centaurus Islamabad
url

url

Bahria Icon Tower
url

url

regards!

that's good news. what the country needs is a good and healthy competition between it's leading metropolitan cities to get higher skyscrapers. Lahore should definitely step up to the plate, followed by Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Quetta and Peshawar should start their small scale downtown-esque skyline as well.

There should be no tall buildings, and human population should be well spread not to have to live hung in the air.

PS: We shoudn't have large streets either nor other concrete covering everything that meets the eye. There should be jungle when you step outside the house, and birds chirping, and snakes crawling in your sandals.

LoL. I'm sure you live within big streets and skyscrapers. I agree with you, and I want to live the rest of my life in my village. Everything you said is right except for the snakes crawling in your sandals part.

My snake kill count is 57. :lol:

that's good news. what the country needs is a good and healthy competition between it's leading metropolitan cities to get higher skyscrapers. Lahore should definitely step up to the plate, followed by Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Quetta and Peshawar should start their small scale downtown-esque skyline as well.

I would think Karachi would lead in the skyscraper game, being the financial capital and all.

I understand where you're coming from, because I would never want to see Kerala turn into a concrete jungle or some ultra modern place. It would lose its charm, but why not cities like Karachi?

LoL. I'm sure you live within big streets and skyscrapers. I agree with you, and I want to live the rest of my life in my village. Everything you said is right except for the snakes crawling in your sandals part.

My snake kill count is 57. :lol:

Kithay hai thawada village, Razpak ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom