Dawood Ibrahim

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
japan-is-pakistans-third-largest-donor-45ff9733e06de058f471c7272f435a30.jpg

By:
Staff Report

21-Jan-17

ISLAMABAD: Japanese Envoy to Pakistan Takashi Kurai on Saturday said his country is Pakistan’s third largest donor.

He was speaking at the 65th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Japan-Pakistan. The event was organised by the English Speaking Union of Pakistan.

Kurai said that in the 90s Japan was the biggest donor of Pakistan. He said Japanese companies want a more stable environment in Pakistan for more investment. He said that the Prime Ministers of both countries had not visited each other’s countries for a long time. He hoped that these visits would take place in the near future. He said Japan supported Pakistan in healthcare, education, infrastructure development and other fields.

The envoy also said that both countries established diplomatic relations in 1952 and since then they have enjoyed excellent relations.

He said Japan is the only country that faced the horrors and destruction of the atomic bombs during WW2, but the Japanese showed resilience and patience and made the country’s economy stable.

Khalid Malik, president of the English Speaking Union of Pakistan and secretary general Muzafar Qureshi thanked the Japanese ambassador for attending the ceremony. They also praised his efforts for further boosting bilateral relations.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/pakistan/21-Jan-17/japan-is-pakistans-third-largest-donor

We donated back Billions when we bought Suzuki Mehran

And we continue to Donate billions more when we imported used old cars from Japan
Not to mention brands like Sony / National or Panasonic as its called now are quite common

Perhaps the Japanese leader should pay a visit to Pakistan.

I believe Japanese head makes visits to China certainly a good initiative to develop good ties with China

Last edited:
Japan really has to do more , to impress Pakistani consumers , Suzuki Mehran like low products , I am afraid can't compete

They have good cars not sure why they don't bring some quality brand to Pakistan for reasonable "regional" price

Modern day Pakistani Consumers can easily compare the quality of car , like Suzuki Mehran and international brands to quickly see the big difference in quality

If Japanese brand have lost value recently it is only due to bad policies by some business man to sell low standard cars to Pakistan

Hopefully we will see next generation Businessmen from Japan who are savy and smart , who can understand , it is time proper quality cars are sold in Pakistani markets

56556d1205439.jpg

Really the emphasis is on Japanese businessmen to see the importance of proper business and Japanese Head of state should make time to visit Pakistan

May be we will recieve him in a Suzuki Mehran at airport so he will understand our point of view

Otherwise I think Pakistani consumers have purchased many Japanese product
  • PS3
  • PS4
  • Sony electronics (in the good old days)
  • Panasonic (in the good old days)
  • Hand held video games
  • Anime
    latest
Really the ball is Japan's court to expand ties with Pakistan and also enhance ties with China its neighbour and not waste time over small island issue which no one ever visits

Other then that most Pakistanis don't have too much negative feelings about Japan we actually wish peace between two Asian countries like China / Japan heal the old wounds

Last edited:
Japan Envoy eshan jitta kr suzuki, Toyota, Honda k lea automobile policy ma relaxation Chatha ha.
They are not in a position to dictate they can take their shitty car brands back we are done with them.
You are selling a TEEN DABBA 800cc, manual transmission, manual doors, shiftty suspension, without any airbags for Rs 7.5 lac with same old shape n tech for last 3 decades what else do you need.

Japan really has to do more , to impress Pakistani consumers , Suzuki Mehran like low products , I am afraid can't compete

They have good cars not sure why they don't bring some quality brand to Pakistan for reasonable "regional" price

Modern day Pakistani Consumers can easily compare the quality of car , like Suzuki Mehran and international brands to quickly see the big difference in quality

If Japanese brand have lost value recently it is only due to bad policies by some business man to sell low standard cars to Pakistan

Hopefully we will see next generation Businessmen from Japan who are savy and smart , who can understand , it is time proper quality cars are sold in Pakistani markets

56556d1205439.jpg

Really the emphasis is on Japanese businessmen to see the importance of proper business and Japanese Head of state should make time to visit Pakistan

May be we will recieve him in a Suzuki Mehran at airport so he will understand our point of view

For them Pakistan is a money tree that waters itself.

Since they have the monopoly on the market they will make the cheapest car they can and sell it for the highest possible price.

This can be attributed to many things, lack of competition, low foreign investment, lack of support for domestic industry, lack of regulations, etc.and as long as demand for cars increases, and they continue to hold the monopoly nothing will change.

I really hope we can get a government that can prioritize the Auto industry and promote investment unlike PPP, and PMLN who have not done much.

Is he here because of autopolicy? and someone tell him we donate billions too when we buy your junk aka ''cars''.

I think the Ambassador had a wonderful gesture , to have more diplomatic contact ,
expand business and cultural ties

Certainly would be nice to have stronger diplomatic contact specially if China - Japan relation warm up in upcoming years

I think in recent few years Japan has been working hard to improve its ties with China , and that certainly will be great for more enhanced cooperation with Pakistan

We already buy lot of stuff from Japan as I stated lots of $$$ Going to Japanese business.

The situation between China / Japan is certainly a matter that will resolve by hard work between politicians of two countries

PS: It is known fact Japan gets lots of GDP from Chinese Tourist who visit Japan annually

So it would be great to start a new chapter in upcoming years

Last edited:
How difficult is it to manufacture an indigenous car for a country with such a large population,infrastructure and technological know how?
Many country suck at it but still they make it, be it China ,Iran, India or Russia.

ISLAMABAD: Japanese Envoy to Pakistan Takashi Kurai on Saturday said his country is Pakistan’s third largest donor.
They can go screw themselves and thier aid. They have a very deliberate policy of treating us as third grade citizens and we are thankfully going to move away with time from their double standards

Pakistan generally has a open policy on businesses to come and invest

• Be it banks , financial lenders
  • Investors
  • Car manufacturing companies
  • IT Giants
  • Computer manufactureres

Many international companies have invested in past in Pakistan and this will increase further like for all economies of world

I mean not every one builds a big wall around their border, infact if Mexicons want to have trade deals with Pakistan more then welcomed

I think once the relation between China / Japan will become stronger I think we will see more growth in potential even for Pakistan, yes that is a very important step peaceful relations

I think 99% of Japanese population likely imagines better ties with China and also with Pakistan

Last edited:
Pakistan is a large market for Japan's auto industry, so it's not like Japan is giving more than it is receiving. Though, I would rather Japan invest in Pakistan, not give aid.

Back
Top Bottom