What's new

It’s time the US started listening to Turkey

So wait, according to Flynn ( here ), Gulen is further towards radical/
political Islam than Erdogan? That's an interesting distinguo!

Tay.
Lol,

At least Erdoğan doesn't says "I'm speaking to Muhammed (sav), and he orders this and that."

Or Erdoğans followers don't ate his napkin, after he wiped his mouth after a meal.

Or Erdoğan's followers do not kiss his hand made from plaster.
1740019.jpg

This is an Gülenist school in Turkey....very normal right ?

Describing Gülen as a radical Islamist would be a huge underestimation. A maniacal religious cult leader would be more appropriate.

Which leverages would Turkey lose by abondoning nato and why?

Turkey won't leave nato just yet as there are ongoing projects where our defense industry got stakes in (e.g. F35). Furthermore, unfortunately Turkey doesn't have a long range indigenous anti-air system, hence the patriots were requested from other nato members. So there's this dependency for now. Then there are also nato-origin components that are used in our indigenous projects, especially pointing at those critical motors.

However, on the bright side, all of these dependencies can and will be overcome at some point when our defense industry will be able to develop such critical parts. In the beginning of 2014 the Turkish defense industry was able to address 65% of its own needs, 25% through TOT/co-development/etc. and 10% through off-the-shelf. Situation should be more favorable after almost 3 years. What i want to say is, as time goes on Turkey will be able to solve the above mentioned issues and nato/US will lose this product/technology leverage over us.

So, Turkey may lose some nato related leverages/bonuses, but it is nato/US that will lose more. No more nato radars on Turkish soil, no more another nato flank for Russia to worry about, no more Incirlik airbase, no more advantage of our geopolitical location, no more a loyal buyer of mostly nato systems etc. Imo, the only not simply overcomeable disadvantage for Turkey would be losing those nukes.

Nato has been more of a curse than a blessing. Remember, Turkey joined nato simply due to Soviet aggression back then. Had our country been strong and self-sufficient enough to play the neutral card, then right now we would not have been in nato. Thanks to US embargo during the 70's our state opened its eyes and started to make serious effort on an indigenous defense industry, otherwise our self-sufficiency would have been even lower now. Ironically, even though we are now part of the nato, US and some west European countries are openly supporting and housing the pkk/ypg (even openly providing them weapons in north Syria) dhkp-c and Gulenists against us, even though the former 2 are on their terror list, for decades. Greece acquired S300 from Russia without a problem, but when Turkey was interested in HQ9, all hell broke loose, and probably will again if Turkey is really interested in the S400. US and EU (nato) are plain hypocrite and evil, unless you play along with them or serve a purpose. With such 'allies' Turkey doesn't need enemies. For too long Nato has benefitted more from Turkey than vice versa.

this. 100% agree with u..

Lol,

At least Erdoğan doesn't says "I'm speaking to Muhammed (sav), and he orders this and that."

Or Erdoğans followers don't ate his napkin, after he wiped his mouth after a meal.

Or Erdoğan's followers do not kiss his hand made from plaster.
1740019.jpg

This is an Gülenist school in Turkey....very normal right ?

Describing Gülen as a radical Islamist would be a huge underestimation. A maniacal religious cult leader would be more appropriate.

Ofcourse location is a very important factor in geopolitics in what world are you living?

He definately is, his goal to replace secularism with a religious doctrine is no secret, at least Erdogan has been defending secularism in some occasions, what Erdogan does is using religion to fool simple minded people but he is very well aware how important secularism is.
In a world where turkey is next to nobody.

Ah, that I agree to : cult type organization sticks to Gülen's ways.
However, I am not ready to give absolution to Erdogan either just
because he got democratically installed in power. So did Putin or
Duterte or Trump and I'm wary of all of them.

And I remember that the two used to be buddies ... for which some
reasons must exist and also that their falling out occurred at the end
of the 20th century with Recep calling for religious confrontation, then
Gülen choosing exile and only later Tayyip becoming a secular leader.

Deviousness seems well shared IMHoO!
Other opinions aside, I wish neither of these men for Türkiye.

But I wish all the best to you and Xenon and all of yours however, Tay.

Last edited:
Doesnt make its position less important, this map alone says enough.

caucase-turquie-en.png
If you read my post, i have mentioned its relevence in geographical state. Politically, economically and soft power wise it is very weak (compared to its neighbors not in respect to Pakistan). You have given a good geo-economic dependence chart and i respect it. But the topic is towards defense and security policy and a threat vis a vis USA so i will respond to that.

I can give you a lot of turkish dependence on USA but that will be waste of canvas here. I assume you know that already and would respect that. What i mean by that is it doesn't matter if turkey is where it is now vs in the middle of africa rather it will make russia and US less tense of a conflict.

Stop arguing with mongrels. If they say Turkey is not important then let them say it. What would your reaction be to someone that insists the sun is brown?...exactly
well one thing i can tell you that it is not turkish.

Indian with 19 negative....

I don't understand why mods allow people like you to continue posting.
And turkey is with all positives...

Get off your turkish high horse..... its not turkey where you say anything about turkey or turkisness is blasphemous.

Back
Top Bottom