What's new

It is official, now the Type 094 boomers are patrolling with JL-2 SLBM

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
It has been started two years ago, but CPC has just confirmed right now.

20130529082431957.jpg

20130529082431143.jpg

The type 94 from various reports indicates it's a bust. At least, compare to US and Russia it's not great.

I am eagerly awaiting Type 96, that may finally be the Boomer we need.

However I do have one question, I been hearing we don't have good enough Permissive Action Links to guard against unauthorized launch of nukes, is that true?

Against a lesser nation it's probably good enough now, but against US, it may leave something to be desired.

Submarines: Chinese Boomers A Bust

It's probably not as bad as this article seems to suggest, but looking at various sources, I can probably draw a conclusion that the Type 96 will be the boomer to finally achieve full combat capabilities.

The type 94 from various reports indicates it's a bust. At least, compare to US and Russia it's not great.

I am eagerly awaiting Type 96, that may finally be the Boomer we need.

However I do have one question, I been hearing we don't have good enough Permissive Action Links to guard against unauthorized launch of nukes, is that true?

Submarines: Chinese Boomers A Bust

It's probably not as bad as this article seems to suggest, but looking at various sources, I can probably draw a conclusion that the Type 96 will be the boomer to finally achieve full combat capabilities.

According to that website, China's submarine is less advanced compared to that of Pakistan, nuff to say.

While India was largely concerned with the Pakistani navy when the Scorpene contract was negotiated and signed, China is now seen as the primary adversary. The Chinese subs are not as effective as the Pakistani boats, both because of less advanced technology and less well trained crews. India could use their Scorpenes to confront any Chinese attempt to expand their naval presence into the Indian Ocean. Thus the delays and cost overruns with the Scorpenes are causing quite a lot of commotion in India. But at the rate India is going, it will be over a decade of construction before all six of the Scorpenes are in service. At that point, India would have about a dozen subs (including nuclear powered models under construction). China will have over 60 boats, about 20 percent of them nuclear. China does have a lot for its warships to deal with off its coasts and in the Western Pacific but it does retain the capability of putting more subs off the Indian coast than can the Indian Navy.

Submarines: India Finds Another Way To Delay

According to that website, China's submarine is less advanced compared to that of Pakistan, nuff to say.

While India was largely concerned with the Pakistani navy when the Scorpene contract was negotiated and signed, China is now seen as the primary adversary. The Chinese subs are not as effective as the Pakistani boats, both because of less advanced technology and less well trained crews. India could use their Scorpenes to confront any Chinese attempt to expand their naval presence into the Indian Ocean. Thus the delays and cost overruns with the Scorpenes are causing quite a lot of commotion in India. But at the rate India is going, it will be over a decade of construction before all six of the Scorpenes are in service. At that point, India would have about a dozen subs (including nuclear powered models under construction). China will have over 60 boats, about 20 percent of them nuclear. China does have a lot for its warships to deal with off its coasts and in the Western Pacific but it does retain the capability of putting more subs off the Indian coast than can the Indian Navy.

This site isn't great, that much I know, but pouring some cold water over hot heads once in a while isn't bad. After all a full nuclear war isn't likely and perception in this case is more important than actual capabilities.

I have read Indians have detected over 20 incidents of Chinese subs in Indian Ocean. There must be something wrong with the stealth and noise that it can be detected. Of course we might have gone there hundreds of times, and maybe they mistaken something else for our subs.

But it is apparent that our subs is detectable and could use improvements.

I am not worried though, with current Chinese subs we can take care of our adversaries barring US, and Japan (be a hard fought war, if it happens) without any trouble.

I am optimistic, with each mistake we find, we are one step closer to a Boomer of equal or greater capabilities to the West.

The current rate in which our conventional class sub construction goes is just pathetic.
But our nuke subs are doing well,with one in trials and two under construction,though these projects are under secrecy.
More of our investments goes to Anti sub capabilities,majority of our surface combat ships have anti sub capabilities and we are getting P8Is too.

This site isn't great, that much I know, but pouring some cold water over hot heads once in a while isn't bad. After all a full nuclear war isn't likely and perception in this case is more important than actual capabilities.

I have read Indians have detected over 20 incidents of Chinese subs in Indian Ocean. There must be something wrong with the stealth and noise that it can be detected. Of course we might have gone there hundreds of times, and maybe they mistaken something else for our subs.

But it is apparent that our subs is detectable and could use improvements.

I am not worried though, with current Chinese subs we can take care of our adversaries barring US, and Japan (be a hard fought war, if it happens) without any trouble.

I am optimistic, with each mistake we find, we are one step closer to a Boomer of equal or greater capabilities to the West.

India's media is bragging, China's sub hasn't been detected by the USN when passing the narrow water of the Malacca Strait, yet India can detect China's sub 22 times in the open water of the Indian Ocean? Are they kidding?

The current rate in which our conventional class sub construction goes is just pathetic.
But our nuke subs are doing well,with one in trials and two under construction,though these projects are under secrecy.
More of our investments goes to Anti sub capabilities,majority of our surface combat ships have anti sub capabilities and we are getting P8Is too.

Then good luck for your nuclear sub project.

Old pic, JL-2 SLBM "BOOM~!!!"

20110516012325923.jpg

869B400D23F14547BD324373FBB563E8.jpg

c3f173119f1b4e97423.jpg

JL-1 SLBM launch
F201005101022247141219399.jpg

The size of JL-1 and JL-2 SLBM
20090627035040182.jpg

the news must be pointing towards Pakistani Type-209 and Augosta-90,which are really a capable submarines..capability of most Chinese subs are unknown.don't post the news of Song class subs surfacing near USA battle group now..

India's media is bragging, China's sub hasn't been detected by the USN when passing the narrow water of the Malacca Strait, yet India can detect China's sub 22 times in the open water of the Indian Ocean? Are they kidding?

Its not just India,but USA too detected 22 unknown sonar contacts..it was a joint patrol and both country's ships were present.and its not just Indian media,but international media too detected this...

Thanks buddy!

the news must be pointing towards Pakistani Type-209 and Augosta-90,which are really a capable submarines..capability of most Chinese subs are unknown.don't post the news of Song class subs surfacing near USA battle group now..

Its not just India,but USA too detected 22 unknown sonar contacts..it was a joint patrol and both country's ships were present.and its not just Indian media,but international media too detected this...

LMAO, does the Pakistani Navy have any of these subs in service yet?

Listen, you guys haven't built a real boomer yet, so you have no business of making fun at ours.

Yup! Pakistan sub is better than Chinese one. Then why bother PN cancel U212 deal with Germany and look for Chinese sub with AIP?

Those racist media are too eager to smear Chinese reputation that they forget to use their brain in the first place to analysis the situation before publishing those jokes..... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom