What's new

Israel defense ministry signs F-15 and F-16 engine maintenance contract with Pratt & Whtiney

DavidSling

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Three Israeli defense companies, including Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), will take part in the maintenance work.
ShowImage.ashx

The Defense Ministry and US engine manufacturer giant Pratt & Whitney signed a contract on Monday worth hundreds of millions of dollars, for the maintenance of Israel Air Force (IAF) F-15I and F-16I fighter jet engines.
The 15-year-contract - the first of its kind - includes a commitment by Pratt & Whitney to give first priority subcontracts to Israeli defense industries when it comes to various maintenance work, the ministry added.
The deal was negotiated by the Defense Ministry's US attache group, and by the IAF.
The F-16I, made by Lockheed Martin, dubbed Sufa (Storm) in the IAF, and the F-15I, originally an F-15E Boeing Strike Eagle, both come with extra fuel tanks to increase flight ranges.
The contract "will ensure that the IAF will have at its possession, at any time, a quantity of working engines, set in advance, for operating fighter aircraft," the Defense Ministry said.
Pratt & Whitney will provide full engine maintenance, including logistical forecasts, management, upgrades, and spare parts.
Three Israeli defense companies, including Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), will take part in the maintenance work.
Defense ministry signs F-15 and F-16 engine maintenance contract with Pratt & Whtiney - Israel News - Jerusalem Post

isreal mainly uses the pw-f100-229

An F100-PW-229 ready for installation into #89-2085 sitting in the "Hush House" at the 180FW, Ohio ANG, Toledo Express Airport ANGB
aay.jpg

f16i (Sufa) taking off fitted with an f100-229 engine
f-16I_c4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom