What's new

Islam to become Russia’s predominant religion by 2050?

How many Muslims exist in a country is an irrelevant statistics. Question is how do these Muslims impact the Society.

Are they Well Educated and improve the Productivity of the country and have an impact on quality of life in terms of Culture and Society ?

I would rather like to see Muslims be 10 % to 15 % of the society but be Model Citizens who are making valuable Contributions to their Society and Country.

pakistan has nothing to do with kuwait , qatar or uae.
Of course they do, they built half of the buildings there.

palestinians how ever have every right to be in israel.
Only Israel itself has right to decide who has the right to be there and who not.

Of course they do, they built half of the buildings there.

Only Israel itself has right to decide who has the right to be there and who not.
its not going to be israel choice soon.

for most of us, non-believers Islam is what we read through ex-muslims
yes many replies scream it out loud and clear!

I dont think its gonna happen that soon....It might happen eventually esp since many Muslims breed like crazy while Russians ...not so much..then again the country is like a giant! Only God knows how many of who are where!

You surely must agree that Islam is undergoing rapid change. When I was a child growing up, the average concept of a Muslim was a God fearing person who prayed fervently and routinely. They were regarded as good traders for the reason that they applied Islamic rules in their trade which excluded interest and unfair practice to the consumer. That was just a few years ago by comparison to 2050. Can we honestly say that the same image of a Muslim exists in the minds of the non-Muslim taking into account Al-Quaeda, OBL and currently ISIS amongst others, not forgetting offcourse the TTP ?

Not really. What you are talking about is political groups who are fighting over differences, ISIS want a khilafat whilst others are fighting for other objectives. Deobandi, Barelwi, Madhkhali, Salafi, etc they have all been here for the most part. Our aqeeda (foundation belief) is the same. I wouldn't even call them a denomination or sect. So no Islam won't undergo rapid change in 2050.

'Dying' Russia's Birth Rate Is Now Higher Than America's

I write a lot about seemingly obscure topics like demography and fertility. I do this because I think these issues are incredibly important and because I think they don’t get nearly enough attention in most of the media. Demography might not be the only thing that matters, but it matters quite a lot. Due to the massive generational change now underway, a change in which baby boomers are finally starting to retire and are putting unprecedented strain on pension and retirement systems, people are starting to realize that regardless of whether you are interested in demography demography is interested in you.

Unfortunately, quite a lot of what gets written about Russia’s demography is pretty simplistic and one-sided. On the rare occaison that someone in the popular press writes about Russian population trends there are usually pretty significant issues with the analysis, and the data that is presented to readers is often out of context or out of date. Because of the country’s (genuinely terrible!) experience during the 1990′s, there’s a deep tendency to view Russia as some sort of freakish outlier: a bizarre dystopia in which people “have lost the will to live” and no longer bother to reproduce. The reality is a lot more complicated, and there have been substantial changes for the better over the past decade.

With the United States the tendency is exactly the opposite: because the US has traditionally had demographics that were much more robust than “old Europe” there’s a tendency to assume that this is still the case. In reality, though, the United States has become much less demographically “ exceptional” among developed countries, and the past few years have seen a significant (if not catostrophic) decrease in births and fertility. The Great Recession might have ended a few years ago, but its demographic consequences are, if anything, intenstifying.

The great thing about demogrpahy is that there are always hard numbers available. Rather than create a lengthy and long-winded analysis of the relevent trends I thought I would simply show two charts that put things nicely in perspective. The first shows the crude birthrate per 1,000 in Russia and the US from 2000-12 (the most recent year for which the CDC has data). Since it’s not adjusted for population composition the CBR is a rather blunt measure, but it nevertheless shows the general trend in births.

The second graph shows the total fertility rate (TFR) for Russia and the United States between 2000 and 2012. The TFR is a much more instructive measurement because it is adjusted for population composition. While the reality can sometimes be a little messy, in theory a country’s TFR will change only if there is genuine movement in childbearing patterns not if there are proportionally more young or elderly people.

USRusCBR.png

USRusTFR.png

The takeaway isn’t that Russia is “better” than the US nor is it that everything in Russia is great. Russia will face some very significant challenges from a population that is growing ever more elderly. The point is simply that Russia and the US have ended up in demographic situations that (while far from identical) are much more similar than the media narrative would ever admit. Looking purely at the numbers, it’s hard to see how one country can be a “dying bear” and the other can be lauded for its demographic exceptionalism. Reality, as always, is a lot more complicated than pithy slogans.
'Dying' Russia's Birth Rate Is Now Higher Than America's - Forbes

let the turk keep turking. He should be more worried about two kurdish states in the making

Back
Top Bottom