What's new

Directorate of Inter Services Intelligence: Updates & Discussions

^

Yeah in special branch, those Press Cliping boys are called "DSP Political"... That's all they do, take press clipings, keep tabs on Analysts and rub shoulders with political party members.

;D

Can civilians join the JIM the misc. section?
and what are the education and age requirements other than the entryt test?

Can civilians join the JIM the misc. section?
and what are the education and age requirements other than the entryt test?

The same principle will apply just like any cadre service of the Federal Public Service Commission of Pakistan (FPSC) . There are positions which require CSS ( Central Superior Services) cadre qualifications and those are largely filled by officers from the ranks of Captain or equivalent or above . You need to read the relevant circular prior to apply for the position or ask your commanding officer. Applicants from the armed forces will also require authorization from the chief of staffs.

i have applied 3 times in isi but unfortunately not selected.

^^^There are full time staffs in OSINT section in the directorate whose duty is just to surf the net as they please.

What is ISI doing on the electronic front mainly interception of internet and secure communications like blackberry?

well just a few years ago anybody even an afghan refugee could buy an unregistered SIM and put it in any GSM mobile and make calls....no records, nada.

UAE has determined that blackberry can be used for nefarious purposes and I'm sure ISI is up to task in this regard

What is ISI doing on the electronic front mainly interception of internet and secure communications like blackberry?

There are differences between SIGINT and ELINT interceptions. Internet communications ( ELINT) can be intercepted but to process the intercepted materials ( so they can be understood) can be sometime very costly and time consuming not only for us but also for the big boys in NSA. Blackberry is not always secure as it is advertised. On the other hand, if properly encrypted , a cheap PC can be so secure that even CIA will need 1000 years to decrypt an interception.

Black brry is banned in armed forces.

I am not too sure about how effectively PA is curbing the user of internet specially GPRS phones.

Blackberry is just a PDA, whereas any one can cause havoc using a simple phone with GPRS access.

and btw, this should be funny ....

PM Secretariat uses blackberry.
Blackberry servers are hosted in london. :victory:
The Service is provided by Mobilink
The connectivity is sub contracted to Nayatel.

remember the leaks story @ PM house.
and they talk about confidentiality and blah blah blah ...

I am not too sure about how effectively PA is curbing the user of internet specially GPRS phones.

No one can curb the use of GPRS and trying to do so is wasting of resources which can be used elsewhere that delivers results. No intel body in the world has developed a method to get total control of the GPRS traffic. This short coming is well compensated by other measures.

Blackberry is just a PDA, whereas any one can cause havoc using a simple phone with GPRS access.

and btw, this should be funny ....

PM Secretariat uses blackberry.
Blackberry servers are hosted in london. :victory:
The Service is provided by Mobilink
The connectivity is sub contracted to Nayatel.

remember the leaks story @ PM house.
and they talk about confidentiality and blah blah blah ...

Defining necessary step to secure communication, protect state electronic infrastructure and lay down security protocols for handling electronic data is the job of the National Telecommunications and Information Technology Security Board (NTISB) which is under the Cabinet Division's Communications Security and Military Wing.

They have a very archaic overall security policy drafted at the time of raising the body but they were supposed to formulate the National Security Standards as this was a new project in last year's PSDP. Finances were not allocated for the project but isn't mentioned in this year's PSDP and since there is no notification about cancellation either, it seems it might have been completed or perhaps never started.

Here is the fairly generalized, weak and loose E-mail and Internet policy for all Federal Government bodies:-

Google Docs

I have their overall policies and guidelines about maintaining server security and data lying somewhere on the computer.

Back
Top Bottom