What's new

IRAN MILITARY POWER

Can anyone give me a list of the Number of Attack Helicopters Iran has and Which one it is (I am aware of the different Upgrades)

well ,iran never gives the exact numbers but Imperial Iranian Army received 202 AH-1J Internationals from 1975-78, i don't know how many we had lost in war but it must be about 100 at service at least ! (as i remember from a war game ... )
we mostly use cobras and know some shahed 285 ...
these are all of the helicopters that iran have ... different types , attackig , multipurpose ...
name: number
Agusta-Bell 205 : 45
Agusta-Bell 206: 3
Agusta-Bell 212: 5
Agusta-Sikorsky AS-61: 2
Bell 214:25
Boeing CH-47 Chinook : 96
Cessna UH-41:5
Kaman HH-43 Huskie: 8
Mil Mi-8: 4
Sikorsky S-58:10
Westland Whirlwind : 2
Panha Shabaviz 2-75 ,Panha Shabaviz 2061,Panha 2091,Shahed 278,Shahed 285: unknown

Many on this thread, especially the Turks, are forgetting about the factors that cannot be quantified. Iranian Armed Forces are on a completely different level. Heard of Iran-Iraq war? Iran's Basij force had entire ranks of suicide bombers that freaked havoc on Hussein's occupying army. These weren't just some renegade fighters, they are volunteers in the paramilitary force! ( Not to mention that Iraq was using chemical WMD and were still repelled)

What does Turkey have that even comes close to comparing to such valor??

God willing, Armenian-Iranian defense will grow closer in the future. Us Armenians have much to learn from Persian brothers :D

kajutyun , you forgot about first iranian missile in war , well we bought a missile from Qaddafi in that time but it had 153 problems , but our engineers solve those problems and launched the missile , the missile attack a Baqdad bank and it that attack 1/3 of Saddam USD was burnt ! this is a missile enhanced with god help :) they wanted to attack a chemical factory near baghdad but they did something much better ....

guys y u no make nukes any more?
y u do dis?

.thats why Iran didnt used chemicals against Iraq during the 8 years war.
while she (Iran and its innocent civilians) was under cruel chemical attacks by Saddam regime using chemical weapons provided by West!! this is even more noble and Islamic to be under such attacks and yet honor innocent people, avoiding unfair warfare in retaliation...

while she (Iran and its innocent civilians) was under cruel chemical attacks by Saddam regime using chemical weapons provided by West!! this is even more noble and Islamic to be under such attacks and yet honor innocent people, avoiding unfair warfare in retaliation...

And thats why we all see what happened to Iraq so far, and whats happening to Iran now. Remember, good things happens to good people, and bad things to bad people.

And thats why we all see what happened to Iraq so far, and whats happening to Iran now. Remember, good things happens to good people, and bad things to bad people.

no , its happen to Iraqis because they just accept their fate and didn't try to change it for better ... in WW I Britannia killed half of our population and it happened to us because we just sit and let them what they want ....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom