Bamboo Castle

Reaction score
06.jpg

11.jpg

132212625.png

1267022411.jpg

AIR_A400M_Loading_Features_lg.jpg

image-40230-galleryV9-fswy.jpg

Heard that IAF is interested in getting some 20 C-130J-30s along with 20 A-400Ms other than the 12 C-130J-30s they acquired for Special Ops role.

Indian Coast guards might going to buy the Japanese Maritime Plane as they are offering since some years to India... Can you elaborate on its performance...

Great plane. Saw it at Farnborough. But i can't understand the logic for going with Turboprops rather than usual turbo fans.

Great plane. Saw it at Farnborough. But i can't understand the logic for going with Turboprops rather than usual turbo fans.

very efficient on short range tactical missions.
And you don't have to worry about ingesting things when landing on an unprepared strips.

Saudi Arabia should buy couple of these.... A new addition in their shinny toy inventory...

What say?

Heard that IAF is interested in getting some 20 C-130J-30s along with 20 A-400Ms other than the 12 C-130J-30s they acquired for Special Ops role.

Where? IAF already has a varied transport fleet. A400M though bigger doesn't suit our needs because we've already started operating C-17s alongside the Hercs. A400M would have been good if we hadn't ordered Globemasters.

Indian Coast guards might going to buy the Japanese Maritime Plane as they are offering since some years to India... Can you elaborate on its performance...

The US-2s are the biggest aircraft of their type and have unique features. Although it is just for transportation and sea based SAR operations like stranded fishermen, oil workers, oceanographers, piracy victims etc.

very efficient on short range tactical missions.
And you don't have to worry about ingesting things when landing on an unprepared strips.

C-17 and C-5 can do that as well. So can Antonov 124 and 225

Where? IAF already has a varied transport fleet. A400M though bigger doesn't suit our needs because we've already started operating C-17s alongside the Hercs. A400M would have been good if we hadn't ordered Globemasters.

The US-2s are the biggest aircraft of their type and have unique features. Although it is just for transportation and sea based SAR operations like stranded fishermen, oil workers, oceanographers, piracy victims etc.

But I have heard that IAF is looking in to order about:
20 more C-17s and also 20+ C-130J-30s as well but may be due to elections their is a delay or it might be possible the IAF will step up and will eventually handle the situation on their own.

Also Japanese US-2s are the ones which Indian coast guards will buy in good numbers to over come the SAR and other roles in Indian Ocean. I think 14 of them would be good?

Back
Top Bottom