INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Manohar Parrikar ‘sleeps’ once again, this time during Republic Day function
By JKR Staff -
January 26, 2017
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has had his share of gaffes since his elevation as the central government minister. His comments have often been dubbed as illogical by his political opponents and prolific social media users.

On Thursday, Parrikar once again became a subject of social media conversation just when the country was enjoying the Republic Day parade from Rajpath in Delhi. Moments later, the photo of India’s defence minister visibly dozing off, once again, went gone viral.

C3EwdszUMAQ0RuJ.jpg

What was even more embarrassing was that the video of Parrikar ‘sleeping’ was broadcast live by India’s national broadcaster Doordarshan, which was broadcasting the Republic Day event.

Parrikar was sitting among visiting dignitaries from the UAE as this year Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan was the Chief Guest at the Republic Day parade.

This is not the first time Parrikar has been found sleeping during a public event. In December 2014 (see below), the defence minister had allegedly dozed off with open mouth during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Make In India speech.

Parrikar_Sleeping_vi-.jpg

Last year, Parrikar had allegedly fallen asleep during Modi’s live address prompting social media users to conclude that his action was due to ‘boring’ Independence Day speech of the prime minister.

Here are some Twitter reactions on Parrikar dozing off during the Republic Day function;

16179343_1864315830493665_6704024339365117108_o.jpg

http://www.jantakareporter.com/india/manohar-parrikar-sleeps-time-republic-day-function/97113/

Do we have a video ? I suspect its eye lids closed rather sleep !

I agree with the defence minister - I mean why bother with the celebrations when the nation can't even afford to feeds its army? It's just daft.

All that parade money could've been better spent on importing high-quality daal from Pakistan or even pay off some of India's $480 billion external debt.

I agree with the defence minister - I mean why bother with the celebrations when the nation can't even afford to feeds its army? It's just daft.

All that parade money could've been better spent on importing high-quality daal from Pakistan or even pay off some of India's $480 billion external debt.

More Ironic is the fact that a user with usernaem "Suparco" never posts ANYTHING related to SUPARCO !

That's was one quick power nap

More Ironic is the fact that a user with usernaem "Suparco" never posts ANYTHING related to SUPARCO !

I'll let you on a little secret:

Pakistan first tested its SLV on January 10, 1989 carrying a payload of 150 kg travelling to 640 km. Payload was recovered on Pakistani territory. This program was assisted by the Federal Republic of Germany and China. As a surface-to-surface ballistic missile, it's range would be in excess of 2,200 km.

I'll let you on a little secret:

Pakistan first tested its SLV on January 10, 1989 carrying a payload of 150 kg travelling to 640 km. Payload was recovered on Pakistani territory. This program was assisted by the Federal Republic of Germany and China. As a surface-to-surface ballistic missile, it's range would be in excess of 2,200 km.

Comprehension Issues ? Try to post some real posts atleast signifying your username ( its a good one .. ) rather focusing on Trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom