What's new

India school faces sedition charges over citizenship play

The teachers at the school who've politicized the school play are irresponsible.
they should be booked for fear mongering by spread false information

What about school students enacting the demolition of the Babri Mosque ??

Watch the vid here.

It is from the same Karnataka state :
Videos of this scene have gone viral on social media. In it one can see more than a hundred students rushing towards the poster and bringing it down while an announcer raises slogans like 'Bolo Shri Rama Chandra ki', 'Bolo Bharat Mata Ki' and 'Bolo Bajranga Bali ki'. To this, students respond saying 'jai' as they bring down the poster.

This function was attended by Union minister Sadananda Gowda and Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi, news agency ANI said in a report.

Watch the vid here.

Good that you've pointed out the shenanigans from across the isle. Both incidents merit equivocal condemnation. School teachers or management should not allow their institution to proselytize political agenda.

Its a freedom of expression and people are feeling aggrieved, as seen in the protests happening all over India. I still don't see how Modi in his personal capacity is insulted, and even he was, whats the big deal? How insulting Modi can be classed as sedition?

Disparaging Modi (or anyone else for the matter) in a school play should not merit police involvement of any kind. But civil society should frown upon and boycott educational intuitions that encourage such crass impoliteness to young minds. But alas, the parents of the subcontinent are too immature to understand this.

Good that you've pointed out the shenanigans from across the isle. Both incidents merit equivocal condemnation. School teachers or management should not allow their institution to proselytize political agenda.

I agree with you on the idea that a religious agenda should not be fed to students. Of any religion. Religion should stay at home.

What I will recommend is that in schools and colleges a humanist approach to studies must be carried out. I mean, a Leftist bent should be encouraged in students. That will allow them to think on a pan-human scale.

Its Police who register and entertain FIR. Not any tom dick and harry. Go read the article again.
Any where in the world fir is registered with police ,you don't have to read to understand it. Do you know what is FIR

Watch the vid here.

Can you post the full video,it dsnt tell if it was part showing a wrong was done or portrayed as good has been done.

Irrespective of any religion or background wrong is wrong .
Portraying CAA is to drive all the Muslim out is wrong .CAA is not taking anyone's citizenship.nrc is to weed out illegals.you tell me what's wrong in it

Can you post the full video,it dsnt tell if it was part showing a wrong was done or portrayed as good has been done.

Okay, watch another vid. I don't have headphones at the moment so I can't say what is being spoken in the vid, but it is from Loksatta and seems to me to be a 5 min analysis.

Irrespective of any religion or background wrong is wrong .

I agree, which is why this is what I wrote in my previous post :
I agree with you on the idea that a religious agenda should not be fed to students. Of any religion. Religion should stay at home.

What I will recommend is that in schools and colleges a humanist approach to studies must be carried out. I mean, a Leftist bent should be encouraged in students. That will allow them to think on a pan-human scale.

Portraying CAA is to drive all the Muslim out is wrong .CAA is not taking anyone's citizenship.nrc is to weed out illegals.you tell me what's wrong in it

Nothing technically wrong in it. I read somewhere that it was the Congress party which origined it. But there should be some other way than asking for birth certificates. Deciding this way of the continued existence of someone who has lived in India for generation, in many cases forever, that is what is wrong with it. The Census data should have been enough.

In many cases, people will not have birth certificates because of various reasons. What then ??

Disparaging Modi (or anyone else for the matter) in a school play should not merit police involvement of any kind. But civil society should frown upon and boycott educational intuitions that encourage such crass impoliteness to young minds. But alas, the parents of the subcontinent are too immature to understand this.

Again, who is Modi not to be mocked or frowned upon? He is your Fuhrer? In Pakistan IK is mocked and laughed at in the most disgusting way possible ,even on Media. It will be foolish not to acknowledge that people in India are feeling angry with the incumbent regime, the protest all over are the proof of this. And this anger cannot be contained. What you are seeing in educational institution reflect the mood in the society. Better learn to live with this reality.

Any where in the world fir is registered with police ,you don't have to read to understand it. Do you know what is FIR

FIR is registered in your local POLICE station, it your local police officer which register it. The police officer in the story clearly stated that sedition charge are brought on disrespecting Modi!! Read the damn thing. Police on registering the FIR on this farcical charge are agreeing with who ever brought this case to them. FIR are registered on merit and according to law, unless Indian law make Modi a Fuhrer, beyond criticism and mockery, I am not aware if any such law exist in your law book?

Again, who is Modi not to be mocked or frowned upon? He is your Fuhrer? In Pakistan IK is mocked and laughed at in the most disgusting way possible ,even on Media. It will be foolish not to acknowledge that people in India are feeling angry with the incumbent regime, the protest all over are the proof of this. And this anger cannot be contained. What you are seeing in educational institution reflect the mood in the society. Better learn to live with this reality.
I think you are too hung up on Modi. I did not mean that we should frown upon Modi (or any politician) being made fun of or criticized. I was not thinking about Modi when I wrote that comment.

I meant to say that the aggressive language in the play is crass and impolite. Students should not be encouraged to write plays like this.

I think you are too hung up on Modi. I did not mean that we should frown upon Modi (or any politician) being made fun of or criticized. I was not thinking about Modi when I wrote that comment.

I meant to say that the aggressive language in the play is crass and impolite. Students should not be encouraged to write plays like this.

I am going by what is reported in this news item. Feel free to read through it again. Seems like in India, disrespecting Modi is equal to sedition!!

For the rest, its another matter all together. It kinda reflect the anger in society against the incumbent regime.

I am going by what is reported in this news item. Feel free to read through it again. Seems like in India, disrespecting Modi is equal to sedition!!

For the rest, its another matter all together. It kinda reflect the anger in society against the incumbent regime.
I agree that there is fanatical support for Modi in India; not very different from the Trump supporters in US and Imran Khan supporters on this forum. These people are quick to label the opposition as traitors. This mad hero worship of individuals is a trait of simple minds. There are a plenty of them to go around. :agree:

I agree that there is fanatical support for Modi in India; not very different from the Trump supporters in US and Imran Khan supporters on this forum. These people are quick to label the opposition as traitors. This mad hero worship of individuals is a trait of simple minds. There are a plenty of them to go around. :agree:

You are still failing to comprehend the real issue. Its not about the supporters, its the state institution which are toeing the same line. In Pakistan, it will be laughed at, unthinkable, if police start to bring in sedition charges based on supposed mockery of Imran Khan.

You are still failing to comprehend the real issue. Its not about the supporters, its the state institution which are toeing the same line. In Pakistan, it will be laughed at, unthinkable, if police start to bring in sedition charges based on supposed mockery of Imran Khan.
Yes, the indulgence of Indian state institutions is a shame.

I'm not an expert on Pakistan. But I think the Pakistani army (and its leadership) has similar protection from state institutions in Pakistan. Of course, this does not make the actions of Indian police any less passable.

Yes, the indulgence of Indian state institutions is a shame.

I'm not an expert on Pakistan. But I think the Pakistani army (and its leadership) has similar protection from state institutions in Pakistan. Of course, this does not make the actions of Indian police any less passable.

And there are good reasons for that. No country allow its security institutions to be mocked internally. But Modi? Amount of filth and garbage that is thrown at Imran in Pakistan and its media, most of the media will be booked under sedition if Pakistan follows Indian example.

And there are good reasons for that. No country allow its security institutions to be mocked internally. But Modi? Amount of filth and garbage that is thrown at Imran in Pakistan and its media, most of the media will be booked under sedition if Pakistan follows Indian example.
Modi or Military, no one is above internal criticism. Each side will have "good reasons" to defend their fanatical support to individuals or institutions. It is just not my cup of tea. :-)

Modi or Military, no one is above internal criticism. Each side will have "good reasons" to defend their fanatical support to individuals or institutions. It is just not my cup of tea. :-)

Mate you are running in parallel world if you think security institutions are allowed to be criticised in places like America, UK , Europe or even India. In Pakistan however, we are seeing this trend growing with alarming rate where security institutions are getting bad press, in media and corrupt politicians. Unimaginable in places like India, America and UK.

Back
Top Bottom