What's new

Ijtema begins in Bangladesh

leonblack08

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Biswa Ijtema, the second largest Muslim congregation after the hajj, began this morning through the Fazr prayers with hundreds of people still coming to the bank of river Turag.

Devotees from 152 countries are participating the three-day congregation which is expected to witness around 20 lakh devotees including more than one lakh women from across the world, said the organisers.

Meanwhile, thousands of devotees reached the Ijtema venue and already joined the religious sermon that began after the Fazr prayers yesterday.

The Tablig-e-Jamaat has been organising the gargantuan gathering since 1976. Several thousands devotees volunteered to prepare the five-square kilometre ground to accommodate the devotees.

The government is also extending all-out supports and providing facilities for the smooth holding of the gathering.

As many as 44 special trains and a number of BRTC shuttle bus service have been arranged to ease the transportation.

Eight deep tube-wells and an 11 kilometre long pipeline with the capacity of 50 lakh gallons of water everyday have been set up. A water tank with the capacity of storing one-lakh gallons of water has also been set up.

The authorities also placed around 50 medical teams for providing with treatment facilities to the devotees free of cost.

The law-enforcers put up a three-tier security system including helicopter patrol and close-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring in and around the venue.

Police and Rab sources said the law enforcers would frisk everyone at five checkpoints to avert any untoward incident.

Around 11,000 security personnel from the police Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), Bangladesh Rifles (BDR), Armed Police Battalion (APB), ansars and several hundred members of various intelligence agencies have been put in place to ensure security.

The Daily Star - Details News

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just back from the maidan after attending Jumma prayers there,as many as two million devotees have gathered there.The Imam Shaheb was from Pakistan.On the final day,more people is expected to attend there.

Ijtema enters second day
Star Online Report

The 45th Biswa Ijtema, the second largest Muslim congregation after the hajj, entered its second day today with more than 10 lakh devotees thronging the bank of river Turag in the suburban town of Tongi.

The Biswa Ijtema, also called the World Congregation of Muslims, began with the delivery of religious sermons after the Fazr prayers yesterday.

The event mainly focuses on prayers and meditation seeking divine blessing from Allah and lasts for three days. The programme concludes through the Akheri Munajat (final prayer) with a huge number of people participating in the prayers from different distance places apart from those who are present at the venue.

The three-day programme of Ijtema includes delivering boyans (sermons) on the fundamental issues of Tablig, solemnizing marriages without dowry, prayer for the spiritual adulation, exaltation and welfare of the Muslim community.

Indian spiritual leader and Islamic scholar Maulana Ismail Hossain delivered the opening sermon after the Fazr prayers yesterday. Maulana Noor Mohammad of Kakrail Mosque interpreted the sermon.

A number of solemnizing marriages without dowry will be registered at the main dais of the Biswa Ijtema after the Asar prayer this afternoon.

The number of overseas participants is incremental with 5,500 devotees from 90 out of 152 countries attending the festival this year while many others were expected to join before the Akheri Munajat.

Witnesses said over 12 lakh people from across the country already gathered the Ijtema venue and eight lakh more were expected to participate. In all 20 lakh devotees including one-lakh women is going to be the part of this big occasion.

The Tablig-e-Jamaat has been organising the gargantuan gathering since 1976. Several thousand devotees volunteered to prepare the five-square kilometre ground to accommodate the devotees.

The government is also extending all-out supports and providing facilities for the smooth holding of the gathering.

As many as 44 special trains and a number of BRTC shuttle bus service have been arranged to ease the transportation.

But still the law enforcing agencies and volunteers had to struggles to tackle the situations especially traffic system and the law and order. Police and Rab official sources said they detained over 50 pickpockets from the area.

Eight deep tube-wells and an 11-kilometre long pipeline with the capacity of 50 lakh gallons of water everyday have been set up. A water tank with the capacity of storing one-lakh gallons of water has also been set up.

Seven bailey bridges were set up over the Turag to facilitate movement of the devotees across the river. A special team of Army is keeping constant vigilance on law and order on the west site of Turag.

The authorities also placed around 50 medical teams for providing with treatment facilities to the devotees free of cost.

Meanwhile, Abdul Aziz, 85, a devotee from Jamalpur, died of cardiac arrest after the Fazr prayers yesterday.

When Aziz complained of chest pain, he was rushed to Tongi Health Complex where he died at around 6:30am.

The law-enforcers put up a three-tier security system including helicopter patrol and close-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring in and around the venue. They set up eight observation towers while two helicopters had been hovering over the area.

Police and Rab sources said the law enforcers had been frisking everyone at five checkpoints to avert any untoward incident.

Around 11,000 security personnel from the police Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), Bangladesh Rifles (BDR), Armed Police Battalion (APB), ansars and several hundred members of various intelligence agencies have been put in place to ensure security.

i know that, the third largest ijtema is rywind in pakistan!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just back from the maidan after attending Jumma prayers there,as many as two million devotees have gathered there.The Imam Shaheb was from Pakistan.On the final day,more people is expected to attend there.

as it is international, whts the language of addressing ppl???

and how many pakistanis???

Last edited:
as it is international, whts the language of addressing ppl??, and imam saheb speaking urdu???

Yes he was speaking in Urdu and a Bangladeshi Imam was interpreting it in Bengali.:)

I live near to the ijtema place.Man,tomorrow there will be so much people here.More than 2 million expected to come for "Akheri Monajat".

Many Pakistanis have come here to attend it.The place where I live,uttara,has many Pakistani residents who are here for their jobs and business.
Also many Turkish people,who are mainly teachers of the "Turkish Hope" school.

Yes he was speaking in Urdu and a Bangladeshi Imam was interpreting it in Bengali.:)

I live near to the ijtema place.Man,tomorrow there will be so much people here.More than 2 million expected to come for "Akheri Monajat".

Many Pakistanis have come here to attend it.The place where I live,uttara,has many Pakistani residents who are here for their jobs and business.
Also many Turkish people,who are mainly teachers of the "Turkish Hope" school.

u know urdu i know :), i will think abt visiting bengla some time and ofcourse attend ijtema!!, itll be great

u know urdu i know :), i will think abt visiting bengla some time and ofcourse attend ijtema!!, itll be great

You are most welcome brother!!

I understand Urdu and can speak a little.

I love Pakistani bands.:smitten::smitten:

Some old Pictures of Ijtema.Conditions are harsh for the mussollis but still they come in numbers.

Bishwa Ijtema ends with 2m joining Akheri Munajat

More than two million Muslims from across the country and various other countries gathered today for the Akheri Munajat (concluding prayers) along the banks of the river Turag, some 25 kilometres north of the capital at Tongi.

Moulana Jubayerul Hassan of India led the Akheri Munajat of the 45th Bishwa Ijtema -- the second largest congregation of Muslims, seeking divine blessings for global peace and prosperity.

Earlier after Fajr prayers, Moulana Jamir Uddin delivered sermons (Aam Bayan) to the Ijtema people. Moulana Sayad Ahmad announced schedules for the next year's programmes of Tabligh Jamaat.

President Prof Iajuddin Ahmed, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, opposition leader in the parliament Khaleda Zia, various ministers and other VVIP personnel also participate in the Akheri Munajat.

The Ijtema mainly focuses on prayers and meditation seeking divine blessing from Allah and is held over three days every year.

Special security measures have been taken to ensure their safety.

This year, a record figure of 10,500 foreign devotees from 105 Muslim countries has joined the congregation.

As the number of foreigners participating this year was very high, authorities were not able to accommodate all of them at the international venue.

Meanwhile, on the second day of the Ijtema yesterday, a dowry-free mass wedding programme was held at the venue as is traditionally done every year. A total of 115 couples, in presence of their relatives and guardians, got married at the programme.

The government has taken various measures to extend all-out support to the smooth holding of the annual congregation.

As many as 44 special trains and a number of BRTC shuttle bus services have been arranged to ease the transportation of pilgrims to the venue.

The authorities have also placed around 50 medical teams at the gathering for free treatment facilities to the devotees.

The law-enforcing agencies have put up a three-tier security system -- including helicopter patrol and close-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring -- in and around the venue. They have also set up eight observation towers while two helicopters had been hovering over the area.

Police and Rab sources said the law enforcers had been frisking everyone at five checkpoints to avert any untoward incident.

Around 11,000 security personnel from the police Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), Bangladesh Rifles (BDR), Armed Police Battalion (APB), ansars and several hundred members of various intelligence agencies have been put in place to ensure security during the event.

I don't understand why BD government isn't taking a major step to develop the Ijtema area to better facilitate the local and foreign Mussollis. Alhumdulliah BD is extremely lucky to have 2nd largest gathering in the world after Hajj. BD government can easily raise massive funds form the people of BD and other Muslims country if outside aid required. I think it should be done immediately. This will defiantly improve Bangladesh image to outside world. What you guys think????

I don't understand why BD government isn't taking a major step to develop the Ijtema area to better facilitate the local and foreign Mussollis. Alhumdulliah BD is extremely lucky to have 2nd largest gathering in the world after Hajj. BD government can easily raise massive funds form the people of BD and other Muslims country if outside aid required. I think it should be done immediately. This will defiantly improve Bangladesh image to outside world. What you guys think????

Yes you are right.But foreigners get nice facilities as far as I know,because they are our "guest".However condition needs to be improved.This time the weather was fine,alhamdulillah,unlike last year.
I just saw some muslims from Thailand joining ijtema in a restaurant.I was a bit surprised,as they were from Thailand.They probably had a flight to catch.It is good that the airport is nearby from the Ijtema place.:)Just 2-3 kilometers.

Do you guys know who "Moulana Tariq Jameel" is?

btw when is the ijtema in Raiwand

Back
Top Bottom