What's new

IDET 2021: PAKISTAN’S ARMED SHAHPAR-II UNDERGOING FLIGHT TRIALS

During a recent interview at CNN-TURK, the TAI boss has publicly declared they have very close engineering and technology related relationship with the Pak universities, institutions, companies etc…

Last I heard an agreement was signed with TAI to produce the ANKA UCAV in Pakistan. Makes sense on our end. The Burraq 1/2 fullfills the role of the TB-2 for us. Eventually future iterations of Shahpur/Burraq could use TB-2/ANKA technology and missiles.

Within the next few years we will see a rapid increase in Paks UCAV arsenal to become one of the largest in the region.

It was highly suggested and this UAV is of same class of Burraq UCAV, so there are good domestic and export prospects if its lightly armed(with two LG weapons like Burraq.)

Here is a detailed videos about the Shahpar-II.

Attachments

• Shahpar-II UAV.png
    Shahpar-II UAV.png
    638.3 KB · Views: 32
I am not sure if there is a laser guided glide bomb in less than 50kg category. I may be wrong but i personally have no knowledge of such a bomb.

MAM-L is 22 kg and is laser guided glide missile

Last edited:
MAM L is not a laser guided glide bomb it a laser guided missile same as barq but with much smaller warhead.

Okay. I thought motor is missing in MAM-L, if this assumption is correct, doesn't it make MAM-L a glide bomb instead of a missile ?

Btw can members share their views on adding UMTAS to Shahpar 2 ?? It's still lighter than barq.

Okay. I thought motor is missing in MAM-L, if this assumption is correct, doesn't it make MAM-L a glide bomb instead of a missile ?

Btw can members share their views on adding UMTAS to Shahpar 2 ?? It's still lighter than barq.

MAM L and Barq are basically guided rockets. They are high speed and give very little room for target to escape. Glide bomb are slow and not suitable for moving targets. Also glide bombs need to be launched from high altitude to gain required momentum.

UMTAS and BARQ barely have 5kg difference so no matter what you choose max weight limit of shahpar 2 pylons is 60Kg. Entire pupose to have barq is to have a homegrown and cheap
solution so i ask does a 5kg difference warrant an off the shelf purchase?

MAM L and Barq are basically guided rockets. They are high speed and give very little room for target to escape. Glide bomb are slow and not suitable for moving targets. Also glide bombs need to be launched from high altitude to gain required momentum.

UMTAS and BARQ barely have 5kg difference so no matter what you choose max weight limit of shahpar 2 pylons is 60Kg. Entire pupose to have barq is to have a homegrown and cheap

6 days ago Shahpar 2 was unarmed version. And we were happy with that.. but than suddenly we came to know about it being armed but only 120 kg. This make this tricky.. now we have armed drone from which (logically and obviously) members here will have expectations. 2 bombs per drone are not upto those expectations. If it was 150-160 kg , we can arm it with 4 UMTAS, even in its current configuration we can arm it with 4 MAM-L, or 2 Barq and 1 MAM-L but I am yet to see how that will look like on the drone as it disturbs the equilibrium...

You see, inshort, we want 4 missiles on that thing. That's it ... :partay:

6 days ago Shahpar 2 was unarmed version. And we were happy with that.. but than suddenly we came to know about it being armed but only 120 kg. This make this tricky.. now we have armed drone from which (logically and obviously) members here will have expectations. 2 bombs per drone are not upto those expectations. If it was 150-160 kg , we can arm it with 4 UMTAS, even in its current configuration we can arm it with 4 MAM-L, or 2 Barq and 1 MAM-L but I am yet to see how that will look like on the drone as it disturbs the equilibrium...

You see, inshort, we want 4 missiles on that thing. That's it ... :partay:

I am guessing addition of new Satcom and retractable landing gear had a weight cost. Just thinking how much difference it would have made if two rear landing gears are not retractable. I am pretty sure that system added like 40-50 kg to the drone which could have been used to have an extra pair of barq missile.

Brother MAM-L is glide munition. It has no rocket motor. Same is the case with UAE’s Desert Sting series.

Brother MAM-L is glide munition. It has no rocket motor. Same is the case with UAE’s Desert Sting series.

Thanks for correcting me i assumed it had a rocket motor bcz broucher didnt mention it as glide munition. I just saw its official video its definitely a glide munition.

Back
Top Bottom