What's new

“I am a ‘s-a-x’ symbol” – Meera

I don't think this Pakistani lady is even close to the stupidity and whorishness of Paris Hilton.. That women literally does ANYTHING to become news.. or did "Meera" have several sex-tapes as well?

I don't think this Pakistani lady is even close to the stupidity and whorishness of Paris Hilton.. That women literally does ANYTHING to become news.. or did "Meera" have several sex-tapes as well?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ohhh My gosh....

No she has none, at least i don't know of any...

I am sexier than Aishwarya: Meera

Here is some interesting piece of news from our 'friendly neighbour' Meera.

Recently, a section of the media had reported that the actress from Pakistan has moved bag and baggage to Dubai, citing visa problems from her native country but refuting all such claims her publicist claims that all these reports are totally false.

According to him, Meera has instead made Mumbai her base and after her debut in Mukesh Bhatt's 'Nazar', continues to pursue an active career in Bollywood.

He further claims that though she has bought a house in Dubai some time ago, she is very much staying put in Mumbai and has no plans of leaving this city of dreams.

So what is Meera doing in Mumbai these days?

Actually, she is getting ready to take on Aishwarya Rai. You can fathom her confidence from her latest statement where she dares the former miss world to beat her in a role of Umrao Jaan.

"I am sexier than Aishwarya," proclaims Meera.

"In fact I really wish that we get the same role in different films so that I can show I am prettier, sexier and more glamorous than her. I hear that Ash is playing Umraon Jaan in a film. I also have an offer for a similar role, but we are still looking for a producer. I am ready to throw an open challenge - I will make a much better Umrao Jaan than her," she quips.

Meera's forthcoming films in Bollywood include 'Kasak' with actor-singer Lucky Ali and Mukesh Bhatt's next.

I am sexier than Aishwarya: Meera : Mirch Masala

GB

Meera claims Indian director Faisal Saif trying to ruin her reputation

Islamabad, September 8 (ANI): Lollywood actress Meera claims that Indian filmmaker Faisal Saif is trying to ruin her reputation.

She even claims that the director has paid Attiqur Rehman to pretend to be her husband.

Her statements came after she had lodged a complaint with Punjab Chief Minister’s complaint cell against Rehman, and requested for security claiming that her life was in danger.

Rehman, however, rejected her claim by saying that he did not know any Indian director named Faisal Saif, reports the Daily Times.

He said that Meera was constructing stories to hide her marriage to him. (ANI)

Meera claims Indian director Faisal Saif trying to ruin her reputation | Armoks News

GB

I saw her once at Dubai airport. She's nice, but older than she claims (think she claims to be 27)

She thrives on controvercies, we have fair share of her type in india too.

I saw her once at Dubai airport. She's nice, but older than she claims (think she claims to be 27)

She thrives on controvercies, we have fair share of her type in india too.

Irtiza Rubab, known by her stage name Meera is born on 15th July 1976.

GB

I think Ash is a fake: Meera

HTTabloid.com
New Delhi, September 8, 2005

Pakistani filmstar Meera says she has no regrets about her verbal attacks on Aishwarya Rai. According to her, she's the most talented and beautiful actress in Bollywood today.

Of late you have been speaking a great deal against Aishwarya Rai. Why are you so offensive?
I am not offensive. I say exactly what I feel and understand. I am not scared of speaking my mind. I really think Ash is a fake. If I get as many films as Ash does in India, I will certainly go much beyond her.

Do you want to pose a challenge to her?
Why should I challenge any Indian actress? I am confident that in some days from now I will stand apart from everyone else. I know what I have within me. It's not without reason that I have earned so much fame in Pakistan.

Do you mean to say that you are the most talented and good-looking actress in the entire Indian film industry today?
Do you have any doubts about it? I don't. Just give me some time and my work will speak for itself.

Have you done films like Qasak in Pakistan?
No, after Nazar, Qasak will be another milestone in my career. It's the first time I am doing this kind of character.

You boast such a lot. But do you actually have any offers from Bollywood to back up your claims?
Believe me, I have more than enough.

GB

Our colonial hang-ups

Thursday, November 12, 2009 (The News)

We Pakistanis love to mock. As a nation we enjoy nothing more than sneering at other people's behaviour and pretensions -- especially those of the rich, powerful and famous. And so it should be. Not only is it cathartic to deride our leaders, but also ridiculing the mighty is an important function of a democracy. It also happens to be mostly justifiable. I thoroughly enjoyed sneering at the inappropriate behaviour of former Law Minster Wasi Zafar when he, in what can only be described as an uncouth manner, verbally attacked Ansar Abbasi on 'Voice of America' (VOA), threatening him with his 'big arm'. Even better was watching the very same minister visibly perform a 'cabinet reshuffle' on 'Capital Talk'. Considering this was the minister at the time responsible for overseeing the whole chief justice fiasco, laughing at his oafish and vulgar behaviour provided much-needed catharsis for us mere mortals.

But what we choose to ridicule as a nation often exposes our own insecurities and foibles. This was evident last week when a clip of the Lollywood actress, Meera, speaking English poorly, erupted onto several social networking sites. My Facebook page was inundated with postings of the clip and barring a few exceptions, the overwhelming response towards Meera's verbal clumsiness was of one of contemptuous jeering from Anglophone Pakistanis. Here are just two of the comments (both from women):

"Hahahah! She is sooo embarassing! Stupid woman!

"She's such a weird personality I swear. I dnt know y she has to try out such things to mke her self luk stupid."

Setting aside for a moment the wonderful irony of their own substandard English, what do these reactions tell us? Besides reinforcing the view that in Pakistan, gross misogyny is not the unique preserve of men, it also reminds us once more of the language contradictions and hypocrisy that plague the country.

How's this for a juicy paradox -- in the week that we were commemorating the life of Muffakir-e-Pakistan (the thinker of Pakistan), Shair-e-Mashriq (the poet of the East), Mohammed Iqbal, our English speaking elite, who are unable to tell their 'alif' from their elbow, were insulting someone for their language failings.

Rather than Iqbal, our high society, the likes that attend Fashion Pakistan Week, prefer to ape the linguistic achievements of that other architect of Pakistan -- Mohammed Ali Jinnah. Jinnah couldn't read or write the official language of the country he founded. Fluent in both English and Gujarati, at least he had the grace to acknowledge and apologise for his linguistic shortcomings. Having given a faltering speech in Urdu, delivered in the distinct clipped tones of the Lincolns Inn-educated barrister that he was, Jinnah regretfully informed the crowd in English that "my Urdu is tongawala Urdu".

The same can't be said of our present upper class who, instead, actively revel in their ignorance of Urdu, wearing it as a badge of pride to distinguish themselves from the illiterate proletariat. They delight in the cultural and social apartheid that this language divide confers -- preferring Fashion Week over Faiz, Mamma Mia instead of a mushahira. Yet, an elite that can't communicate properly with the majority of its people is one that is in perilous danger (just ask Marie Antoinette who was unable to read and write her native German). Name me a strong functioning society where such stark language segregations exist between its people?

So before we laugh at Meera, let's take a mirror to ourselves with our colonial hang-ups. At least she can speak her national language which is more than many of us, with our broken Urdu, can say. Surely, it should be us, the English elite that should be ashamed that we are unable to engage with our fellow Pakistanis on either a cultural or linguistic level. We should be embarrassed that English has become a barrier for capable people progressing in their careers in Pakistan. We should cringe that we are so far removed from our cultural heritage that we can't read our own alphabet. Suddenly, it is us who are the illiterates. So what if Meera's English is bad? She isn't English, nor is she someone who has enjoyed the best education that money can buy, unlike my Facebook deriders.

Considering her humble background and the exploitation she's had to endure throughout career in order to provide for her family, we should be saluting her, not mocking her. Ironically, with the proceeds of her exploitation, she is bettering the prospects of her family by sending her sister to the UK for study. Meera's belief that a foreign education is the only way to improve her family's social standing is a truly terrible indictment on Pakistan society. Sixty-two years after Jinnah created Pakistan, his people are still following his footsteps and getting their education abroad. Now that's something worth sneering at.

Back
Top Bottom