What's new

Hunting Haiders Bid Farewell To Deltas !

Oh dear, I guess I must not know what delta means. I will need to google it.
If you know what delta is then why did you ask to translate it? That's stupid. Is it translated in english?? Is "delta" a translation? Answer is NO. But you don't have any problem with that and happy to accept it as 'english'.
Alphabet letters are never translated, they can't be. Not in any language. It's like asking for translation of 'A' 'B' or 'C'. Or try translating urdu alphabet into english. So for your info, that '🔺' of yours would be "translated" in urdu as ڈیلٹا. Yes, exactly the same way it was "translated" in english. Some stuff just has to be transliterated, it's a universal rule.
As far as languages superiority/inferiority goes, its a matter of opinion, though if its a question of what is the dominant laguage of art and science, its not even a contest between English and Urdu. The inferiority here is not in the language though, but a complex of people from a country that has not achieved anything in last 40years worth talking about so clinging to notions like "deanglo-fying" plaques and titles gets traction. Like that is what is needed or important. Lets not forget, it wasn't very long ago where they decided to make all provincial languages as official too.
And yes, Urdu is a stagnant, if not dying language (and its not alone in that regard). But sure, whatever makes you guys happy. Will see if this change happens in our lifetime.
Just FYI, you are wrong because nations who did acheive stuff are the ones who ARE sensitive about their language and do not have inferiority complex. Whereas when rot sets in, it affects everything.
I do not have any issue with aviation patches etc. specifically. I entered the discussion when someone implied it wasn't possible in urdu and that's a completely FALSE assertion.

Urdu is not stagnant by far but it could and should do a lot better. Now It's up to its people to take it where they can.

My last post on the matter.

Only if you can tell us what to call a drone in Urdu 😄
Hi,

It would be " MAUT KA SODAGAR "---.

There are hardly any languages left in their pure form---. As we have become multi linguists---our languages would also adapt to that as well.

Majority of people here or anywhere will not think of DRONE as a foreign term---. They will use it un-intentionally in their own language as a word of their own language---.

And that is the beauty of knowng multiple languages---.

Last edited:
short answer, our Army , Airforce and our Navy's official language is english.
Gov's official language is supposed to be urdu.

Real Answer:
We train and create gentlemen, not momin, not Mujahids.

That is where the real problem is.

I think the real issue is "ownership of Urdu". It is a fantastically beautiful language, however Urdu needs to be kept up with. What I mean by this is that some entity in Pakistan (perhaps within civilian and also the military) needs to be able to take very complex, technical jargon, manuals and keep translating it into Urdu and alongside enhance Urdu vocabulary. This does not happen in Pakistan or never fast enough to keep up with trends. For a good example, look at Turkey, every text/technical manual is translated into Turkish.

Whenever we have had weapon systems transferred, it was easier for the military to teach our folks basic English and use the original manuals to train up our people instead of translating the content to Urdu. Second, since the vast majority of our military technology is imported, we have to rely on English as most of the training is imparted in English. So we can be hard-headed like the Japanese (at least they localize everything) but it is very challenging when you do not localize and also not learn English.

So in many ways, it is a compulsion and not because there is a love affair with the language. You can well imagine, as the standard of education in Pakistan has gone down, a lot of it has had to do with Zia's Urdu medium charter which failed miserably because the real work of translating and keeping Urdu modernized did not happen. This deprived Pakistanis of not only the opportunity to learn English and as a result not remain competitive at the international level (think jobs etc.), but even the Urdu medium did not keep up.

Military orgs are branches of the Government of Pakistan. Their official language cannot be different than the official language of the state.
That is being "idealistic" but not "realistic". Please also consider the situation painted above.

Last edited:
Hi,

It would be " MAUT KA SODAGAR "---.

There are hardly any languages left in their pure form---. As we have become multi linguists---our languages would also adapt to that as well.

Majority of people here or anywhere will not think of DRONE as a foreign term---. They will use it un-intentionally in their own language as a word of their own language---.

And that is the beauty of knowng multiple languages---.
Yep exactly, we rely on non-native words in every day Urdu speaking all the time, yet some think using English is somehow a problem

@LeGenD / @The Eagle can we please move this thread to the culture section. I was expecting something else when I opened the thread. Thanks.

I think the real issue is "ownership of Urdu". It is a fantastically beautiful language, however Urdu needs to be kept up with. What I mean by this is that some entity in Pakistan (perhaps within civilian and also the military) needs to be able to take very complex, technical jargon, manuals and keep translating it into Urdu and alongside enhance Urdu vocabulary. This does not happen in Pakistan or never fast enough to keep up with trends. For a good example, look at Turkey, every text/technical manual is translated into Turkish.

Whenever we have had weapon systems transferred, it was easier for the military to teach our folks basic English and use the original manuals to train up our people instead of translating the content to Urdu. Second, since the vast majority of our military technology is imported, we have to rely on English as most of the training is imparted in English. So we can be hard-headed like the Japanese (at least they localize everything) but it is very challenging when you do not localize and also not learn English.

So in many ways, it is a compulsion and not because there is a love affair with the language. You can well imagine, as the standard of education in Pakistan has gone down, a lot of it has had to do with Zia's Urdu medium charter which failed miserably because the real work of translating and keeping Urdu modernized did not happen. This deprived Pakistanis of not only the opportunity to learn English and as a result not remain competitive at the international level (think jobs etc.), but even the Urdu medium did not keep up.

That is being "idealistic" but not "realistic". Please also consider the situation painted above.

Such an institution exists,
in H8 Islamabad,
they idiots are called academy of Urdu.
Suffice to say, they are idiots.

Back
Top Bottom