What's new

HSV-2 Swift Destroyed by Most likely a Chinese C-802 Missile

Enough with the sensationalism.

There is no evidence that the Swift had been "destroyed". Subsequent Saudi rescue missions, during which it was reported that the Swift was "damaged", along with reports of the missile striking the upper decks, rather the waterline, of the vessel, are direct contradictions to the Houthi-made statement.

At best, the Houthis managed to put out of commission a civilian-operated humanitarian vessel with zero countermeasures deployed, via an anti-ship missile. At worst, they failed to even execute that.

Imagine what DF21-Ds can do to US aircraft carriers.

Totally agree with you.

Btw, great to see you being more interactive in the forum. I always see you giving me thanks to my posts but you rarely post yourself.

Also come over to the China & Far East section. Many of us hang out in that section.

There is no evidence that the Swift had been "destroyed". Subsequent Saudi rescue missions, during which it was reported that the Swift was "damaged", along with reports of the missile striking the upper decks, rather the waterline, of the vessel, are direct contradictions to the Houthi-made statement.

At best, the Houthis managed to put out of commission a civilian-operated humanitarian vessel with zero countermeasures deployed, via an anti-ship missile. At worst, they failed to even execute that.

LOL yea because the Saudis are such honest people slaughtering innocent civilians and the humans rights champions cheering that on.

You accuse others of rumours and sensationalism but your entire post is exactly that.

Judging from the video, the ship is really destroyed. Even if it will continue to remain for some time on the water surface, there was burned the whole superstructure and it's impossible to be restored.

P.S. It seems there is burning directly the aluminum hull
9zuiM4q.jpg

Yemeni forces sink Incat vessel HSV-2 Swift, which was carrying supplies for UAE forces
Totally agree with you.

Btw, great to see you being more interactive in the forum. I always see you giving me thanks to my posts but you rarely post yourself.

Also come over to the China & Far East section. Many of us hang out in that section.

LOL yea because the Saudis are such honest people slaughtering innocent civilians and the humans rights champions cheering that on.

You accuse others of rumours and sensationalism but your entire post is exactly that.
Welcome, and don't worry about that knee jerking reaction by that little girl. People are smart enough to judge for themselves and certainly ignore personal whining and BS.

UAE warship obliterated off the coast of Yemen
By Izat Charkatli -
01/10/2016

Sana'a, Yemen (11:48 P.M) - The Houthi-allied Yemeni Republican Guard were able to destroy an Emirati Navy HSV-2 Swift ship near the port city of Mokha with a C802 Cruise Missile.

The Saudi-led coalition condemned the event blasting the Houthis for allegedly destroying a ship carrying humanitarian cargo.

However, the allegation is borderline comical since the warship took off from Aden and was located in the vicinity of the embattled port city of Mokha, a front of incessant violent clashes.

Initially, state-owned UAE media denied the claim and mentioned that a humanitarian ship was merely damaged due to technical difficulty while all those aboard it were rescued until video footage was published by Yemeni sources portraying the fried, sinking ship.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/uae-warship-obliterated-off-coast-yemen/

UAE warship obliterated off the coast of Yemen
By Izat Charkatli -
01/10/2016

Sana'a, Yemen (11:48 P.M) - The Houthi-allied Yemeni Republican Guard were able to destroy an Emirati Navy HSV-2 Swift ship near the port city of Mokha with a C802 Cruise Missile.

The Saudi-led coalition condemned the event blasting the Houthis for allegedly destroying a ship carrying humanitarian cargo.

However, the allegation is borderline comical since the warship took off from Aden and was located in the vicinity of the embattled port city of Mokha, a front of incessant violent clashes.

Initially, state-owned UAE media denied the claim and mentioned that a humanitarian ship was merely damaged due to technical difficulty while all those aboard it were rescued until video footage was published by Yemeni sources portraying the fried, sinking ship.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/uae-warship-obliterated-off-coast-yemen/

That humanitarian cargo looks highly explosive.

Putting Saudi Arabia and humanitarian in relationship tells more about you than anything else. :lol:

Putting Saudi Arabia and humanitarian in relationship tells more about you than anything else. :lol:

On the off chance that you didn't bother reading my post, it was an UAE-flagged vessel that was purportedly on a humanitarian mission.

And yes, Gulf states and humanitarian causes are not mutually exclusive, even though the former may have less-than-stellar human rights records.

P.S. It seems there is burning directly the aluminum hull

This is why military ships are made out of steel and not aluminum. This was some experimental ship the Australians built.

We already had one ship in 1975 have its superstructure melt after a collision.
After that no aluminum was used...until those experimental littoral combat ships..and that is why people are screaming against them. This hit should make waves.

On the off chance that you didn't bother reading my post, it was an UAE-flagged vessel that was purportedly on a humanitarian mission.

And yes, Gulf states and humanitarian causes are not mutually exclusive, even though the former may have less-than-stellar human rights records.

Stop watching MSM, you are being brainwashed!

That's contradiction in terms, given that the Saudi-led coalition is itself a terror organization intent on invading and dividing a sovereign nation.

Putting Saudi regime and humanitarian aid in the same sentence is as outlandish as arguing that Al Nusra (or whatever new name they now have given themselves to be listed under US moderate Jihadists list) puts women in chain for beauty contest.

I give Saudi-led regime media as much credit as the US regime embedded media.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom