What's new

Featured How Pakistan Is Preparing to Kill India’s New Aircraft Carriers

But c802 can get in easily as compared to cm400 given its terrain hugging

We should build acquire new weapons..either join turkey or find a patner for AAM, antiship/crusie missles

Best option is to get a more effient missles with similar weight profile as c802 but better ranges (300+km as compared 230km for c802)
LSM for example is 500km range with similar weight profile

Good post. Pakistan should've been doing R&D on SD-10 to create it's own AAM and acquire FD series of anti-missile/A2AD. CMAKG provides a good platform to further increase in range and to do more R&D, etc. It's time Pakistan built its own AAM's / supersonic AShM's, etc, with ToT from China or other sources. I am seeing more and more overall need of R&D, whether in this situation, or, for stealthy airframes, etc.

We can get help from China.they already have DF 21D.
#1. DF 21 requires whole list of gadget I.e over the horizon radar and satellites to guide itself to it’s target. Despite all that the US Navy is quite confident that they can dodge the missile.
#2. China isn’t going to hand over everything to Pakistan. Pakistan BM technology is similar to North Korean as claimed and blamed by West. which mean Chinese aren’t just handing over everything to Pakistan.

It's time Pakistan built its own AAM's / supersonic AShM's, etc, with ToT
We are already working on AAM and supersonic Anti ship missiles.
Actually nowadays Pakistan defence industries are undergoing huge projects
So the "heavies" are becoming a critical need for the PAF.
I think you have seen the design concepts shared by @JamD .all are twin engine designs.so hopefully we will get heavy weight fighter jet next decade.

#1. DF 21 requires whole list of gadget I.e over the horizon radar and satellites to guide itself to it’s target. Despite all that the US Navy is quite confident that they can dodge the missile.
#2. China isn’t going to hand over everything to Pakistan. Pakistan BM technology is similar to North Korean as claimed and blamed by West. which mean Chinese aren’t just handing over everything to Pakistan.
So your argument is we should work on supersonic and hypersonic cruise missiles.again we will have to make progress in satellites to cover our coastal areas.
What satellite system Iran have? They have built many anti ship BMs.if they can guide their BMs we can also.we should work on carrier killer BMs in my opinion, India can not stop them.they are not US.

China started developing Assassin's Mace since 1990s probably and only revealed this around 2010. Since then three generations of anti-ship ballistic missiles developed and with constant improvements I'm sure to the guided part.

It was developed as a counter to America's carrier groups which even a single carrier group is stronger than India's entire navy. The threat level is totally different.

Yes it depends on so many sensor networks and advanced drones and secret satellite technologies. No one else really has true anti ship ballistic missile with those sensor networks and the US navy is strong to require at least this much ability. HGV is the new paradigm which integrates everything as well and further enhance this counter. It is no cheap and easy task.

Why does Pakistan require such a network that is super expensive to upkeep?

India has very poor air defence for its navy. Three Kolkata only has 96 Barak-8 missiles. They must fire two per target otherwise it is too risky. Combined with total air defence, they have around 300 air defence missiles which is good for 150 attacking missiles. Of course things are not so simple but also remember much better for the attacking side. Their Mig-29K cannot do that much honestly and to destroy Indian carriers, PAF is considered up to the task. It just needs more anti-ship missiles and more fighters to counter IAF and Mig-29K from carriers.

India daring to use its carriers on Pakistan will invite full assault on weakly defended carriers. Each US Navy carrier group has more firepower than all of India's modern navy combined.
So your argument is we should work on supersonic and hypersonic cruise missiles.again we will have to make progress in satellites to cover our coastal areas.
What satellite system Iran have? They have built many anti ship BMs.if they can guide their BMs we can also.we should work on carrier killer BMs in my opinion, India can not stop them.they are not US.

Their guidance is achieved through advanced drones if they used the same method of using sensor nodes.

Possibly using some inertial methods which is numbers game. Otherwise they somehow also achieved communication with the maneuverable vehicle if it is done that way.

Possibly Chinese assistance for certain parts of this chain and sold the equipment for this guidance. This stuff has been done in China since 2010. Only directly shown in a full exhibit to USA a year ago which means the technique is quite old. Why show everything to Uncle Sam and show them exactly how the missile flies and how the vehicle separates and flies and is guided.

-Persian Gulf is just 200 km wide. Any decent coastal radar can cover this area. Iranian don’t face open ocean.

- Anyone can build and tweak BM and call it a carriers killer or what ever. Issue here is guidance at long distance to a moving target. Plus Iranians also fake BM launches.

Good post. Pakistan should've been doing R&D on SD-10 to create it's own AAM and acquire FD series of anti-missile/A2AD. CMAKG provides a good platform to further increase in range and to do more R&D, etc. It's time Pakistan built its own AAM's / supersonic AShM's, etc, with ToT from China or other sources. I am seeing more and more overall need of R&D, whether in this situation, or, for stealthy airframes, etc.

We have the Harba anti ship cruise missile with the range of 450km that can be further expanded to 1200km using guidance from ground based radar, sea sultans, or other naval platforms.

Plan would be to first have a C4I command structure in place, and have a cruise missiles that can be guided to its target but with different guidance systems throughout the phases carrying over. Example is a sea sultan sees an indian carrier group, they could not only use its own missiles, but call in missiles from assets far away to launch its missiles at the carrier group.

The sea sultan simply using its guidance can guide the missiles in the final few hundred KMs of flight.

Theoretically with this approach we could have 4 corvettes sitting in the strate of hormuz near gwadar launch 8x4= 32 missiles at once, while sea sultans/orions guide them 1200 km away to saturate an indian carrier group. Now we know Pakistan will have a minimum of 8 corvettes+ 12 Frigates in 2 years. Naturally lets say we have 20 warships x 8 missiles each then we have 160 missiles we can launch give or take from major warships alone.

Our longest range Antiship cruise missile is the Harba at 450km...expanding the range to 1000km would be a significant force multiplier.

Given worst case scenario we use up all our missiles and IN only losses 25 warships, then we have backup in the form of ALCM, land based cruise missiles, submarines, etc... given the time it takes to replenish all the ships with new missiles.

The probability of PN/PAF knocking out an Indian carrier in wartime is 99%.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom