What's new

Honour Among Spies By Asad Durrani | Author Speaks

i am of a different opinion, that Gen Durrani was allowed to write a book, for ISI publicity and to give a human face to ISI..
Indians make a big deal out of everything, they by design are speculative people, such people have fear of even a spider or an ant, and hence, their gods..

Revoking of pension only means he stepped out of line.......unless, like you said, it was part of a massive plan to give "ISI a human face".

Like 99% of Pakistanis already like the ISI. Even if it didn't, no one cares. Does the CIA care if it's well liked around the world??

Last edited:
What Asad Durrani did it’s a modern thing as we are not living in Zia era anymore.
In the eyes of those who believe Imran Niazi is legitimate PM and those boot polishers who are disturbing patriotism certificates everywhere, in their eyes Asad Durrani is traitor. I don’t know whom to believe because this narrative also came in from GHQ. Even Fatima Jinnah was labelled as traitor by army thug.
Brig and above are entitled plots in DHA by army. Thats the price these officers pay for getting posted every two years in different areas of Pakistan -from Siachen to Gwadar. They and their families have to learn to adapt in new city or town like this and the schooling of their kids affected. In some cities they dont get official residence and have to go through a lengthy process to requisition a house for their family, sometimes paying some amount of money from their own pocket also- and yes this happens with serving brigadiers also in Rawalpindi too.

The DHA plot doesn't come free for officer at the end of the day, neither does the entitled house at retirement or any other plot. The DSOP fund that is sort of compulsory saving for every officer is filled up through cuttings from his salary from all his years of service. in 99% of cases, all the DSOP fund saving goes towards the payment of his house at the end of retirement. As an example, if the officer saved Rs 20 lacs from his DSOP fund in 25 years of service, he will get his retirement house when he pays the remaining amount he owes on the house, which maybe 15 lacs or 18 lacs. so the saving is gone. Similarly, the DHA plot is also cut from his salary or paid lump sum if he wishes too. He gets the plot cheap though.

Those members who complain on this forum about DHA plots have not got plots in DHA so they need a medium to take out their sheer ignorance and frustration. These members wouldn't have survived one day in uniform, listening to their CO's or taking orders without complaining from superiors for 20 or 30 years. Nor do these members have the courage to spend a day at the border or LOC with troops on frontlines while their family is stacked up in a one room apartment (as in case of FCNA officers quarters in Skardu and Gilgit).

I don't know if Colonels or below get DHA plots, but there will always be elements in our society (just as disgruntled members on this forum) who would want a cheap DHA plot but will not wish to wear uniform, follow orders like a robot for 25 years and be prepared to lay down their life when required. Such members will spend their lives pointing out that senior Army officers are getting DHA plots and out of helplessness they can do nothing about it. This is the life such members choose to live themselves.

He looks like " Spooky " from Commandos game :laugh:

Thanks for clarifying this DHA thing. I have another question why do our officers get buttmans, drivers and so many nookar chaakars? Do they get paid from tax payers money or officers pay their wages? I haven’t seen this in British army and other top armies of the world.

Revoking of pension only means he stepped out of line.......unless, like you said, it was part of a massive plan to give "ISI as human face".

Like 99% of Pakistanis already like the ISI. Even if it didn't, no one cares. Does the CIA care if it's well liked around the world??

Indian narrative on ISI as a terrorist organization took a strong hold due to inept political leadeship in power, who did not care about pakistani narrative, the spillage went onto pakistan army.
it was a media blitz campaign for western audience to soften the ISI image as any other global organization not a rouge element. Durrani did a great job in doing it.
ISI is now considered like any other intelligence organization not called a rogue global intelligence due to human like face so soften the western media. After serving 36 years in army would Duranni go rogue and apply for asylum, come on folks, think how good a play this was.. better than a james bond plot

My two cents!

he absolutely destroyed mehdi in this interview
his confidence was stunning. he actually gave me a hard on. the way we must be unapologetic and confident in front of the world. being sheepish about everything and explaining and apologizing has not earned us any favors, grace or pity.

he made a new one into that smug host. the entire audience crowd was hostile and carefully chosen.
the general sicked to his guns and despite provocation and interruptions answered with grace. I also liked how Hina Rabbani Khar also faced the same host and the crowd as well.

Indian narrative on ISI as a terrorist organization took a strong hold due to inept political leadeship in power, who did not care about pakistani narrative, the spillage went onto pakistan army.
it was a media blitz campaign for western audience to soften the ISI image as any other global organization not a rouge element. Durrani did a great job in doing it.
ISI is now considered like any other intelligence organization not called a rogue global intelligence due to human like face so soften the western media. After serving 36 years in army would Duranni go rogue and apply for asylum, come on folks, think how good a play this was.. better than a james bond plot

My two cents!

Your extreme take on the issue shows you're overlooking basic facts. The narrative over the ISI hasn't changed much. It is still the enemy, rogue or otherwise.

his confidence was stunning. he actually gave me a hard on. the way we must be unapologetic and confident in front of the world. being sheepish about everything and explaining and apologizing has not earned us any favors, grace or pity.

he made a new one into that smug host. the entire audience crowd was hostile and carefully chosen.
the general sicked to his guns and despite provocation and interruptions answered with grace. I also liked how Hina Rabbani Khar also faced the same host and the crowd as well.

While his courage, bluntness and unapologetic nature is to be commended, he was still on the defense. Not on the offense. The host, Mehdi, was always on the offense, mostly because of his interruptions of Durrani's speeches.. Hopefully Durrani talks with the next host about no interruptions.

What Asad Durrani did it’s a modern thing as we are not living in Zia era anymore.
In the eyes of those who believe Imran Niazi is legitimate PM and those boot polishers who are disturbing patriotism certificates everywhere, in their eyes Asad Durrani is traitor. I don’t know whom to believe because this narrative also came in from GHQ. Even Fatima Jinnah was labelled as traitor by army thug.

Thanks for clarifying this DHA thing. I have another question why do our officers get buttmans, drivers and so many nookar chaakars? Do they get paid from tax payers money or officers pay their wages? I haven’t seen this in British army and other top armies of the world.

short answer is that they did better than you and your father and get rewarded and recognised by the state .

most of them only have batmen not the long list of army that you listed that only public office holders have. star officers . just like the 20 grade and above civilian civil servants do.

your next question will be why they get better offices or protocols and other special perks. its a recognition of their position and services just like our public servants and members of parliaments grant themselves.

raise it with your local MNA to raise a point of order or a legislation to have it all revoked so that it becomes a law.

@Signalian
I urge you respectfully not to respond to him any further . as this line of questioning has a potential of screwing up the thread. I dont think the purpose is seeking any honest knowledge but just hostile poking. I can smell such intent from miles.
such half arsed questions have their merit but in a different dedicated thread where people can bleed out their hatred and cringe why some people did so well and getting the perks.
While his courage, bluntness and unapologetic nature is to be commended, he was still on the defense. Not on the offense. The host, Mehdi, was always on the offense, mostly because of his interruptions of Durrani's speeches.. Hopefully Durrani talks with the next host about no interruptions.

Mehdi was running the program and had the audience by his side that will laugh together with him.
if the General was on defensive (which I beg to disagree) he did a very good job of refusing to be provoked and answered as a matter of factly. Mehdi was not interested in answer he was looking for blood and humiliation.
in the end the smug bastard got frustrated and grudgingly admitted that General was very confident and clear about his point of view.

Last edited:
short answer is that they did better than you and your father and get rewarded and recognised by the state .

most of them only have batmen not the long list of army that you listed that only public office holders have. star officers . just like the 20 grade and above civilian civil servants do.

your next question will be why they get better offices or protocols and other special perks. its a recognition of their position and services just like our public servants and members of parliaments grant themselves.

raise it with your local MNA to raise a point of order or a legislation to have it all revoked so that it becomes a law.

@Signalian
I urge you respectfully not to respond to him any further . as this line of questioning has a potential of screwing up the thread. I dont think the purpose is seeking any honest knowledge but just hostile poking. I can smell such intent from miles.
such half arsed questions have their merit but in a different dedicated thread where people can bleed out their hatred and cringe why some people did so well and getting the perks.

Mehdi was running the program and had the audience by his side that will laugh together with him.
if the General was on defensive (which I beg to disagree) he did a very good job of refusing to be provoked and answered as a matter of factly. Mehdi was not interested in answer he was looking for blood and humiliation.
in the end the smug bastard got frustrated and grudgingly admitted that General was very confident and clear about his point of view.

I have no bad intention i have just asked a question, it’s because you’re not used to hear such questions it sounded ill to you.

You’re brainwashed to believe that you guys are doing /did so much better that you deserve all the perks, privileges and benefits of the world. I would love to reward you guys more perks and privileges but the thing is we are living in poverty, 70% people live below the poverty line, our growth rate is 0 after 55 years, our PM is carrying begging bowl and you are talking about rewards and recognition.

Lastly, there is no need to bring me and father into question, we did so much better then most of you Alhamdulillah we pay our Kaam wali aunty and Driver from our own money.

Have ordered his book already, will read it over some holidays in December. :tup:

Indeed the key is always confidence. The first thing that we all need to understand but people like the host will always twist to play against Pakistan, is that the world of intelligence is murky and is based on the simple principle that the network and intelligence must remain steadfast and active and for that purpose any and all sacrifices are necessary for that strategic network is necessary for the survival and defense of the state. It is a thankless job in which you are always the villain no matter what you do and your story is neither told nor expected to be told. Some of the actions done by our unnamed soldiers would demand the highest of awards but such are not given nor demanded in this sector. On top of it all, your actions to defend the interest and structure of the state are always used against you since you have to cross the lines to become and effective network and therefore you need confidence. Confidence to stand firm. I would say that our other Spy masters would be equally confident because in that murky and dark world, confidence and self-belief is the only thing that can help you be sane. In the modern world, you may as well not bother and surrender without a fight if you do not possess an adequate spy network.

Every organization tried to paid well in order to attract better talent...its a simple.reason ...Army paid well along with better facilities to those employed ....
What's the issue here ? Everyone is free to be apply there and can have those perks you have enlisted ...like in other civil services department ...it's a paid job like others...

Cheers, but I have already purchased hardcover on Amazon, I prefer reading this way.

Nothing beats a book in hand. i just downloaded it from a website. I love having book in my hands but unfortunately a struggling pocket demands i do my reading on the mobile. I guess this way the book will remain secure for all time :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom