What's new

Happy Thanksgiving 2021

Just came home after a family Thanksgiving Dinner. Interesting chats. Now, as everyone else, who eats too much, too sleepy.
My plate: Turkey, stuffing, peas, gravy, potato salad, cranberry sauce.. you know, the usual. Happy Thanksgiving!

View attachment 796636

Looks great. That's like a starter's dish. I can be honest that my first dish would be 3 times the size of that. Yeap, despite the ugly act of gluttony, when it comes to the first dish of a celebration meal, I'm not ashamed of admitting it and always pay the price in several directions lol.

The only thing missing is a serving of sweet, boiled onions. Can't have a Thanksgiving dish without small, boiled sweet onions!? Those are just unbelievable and maybe that dish could use a little spoonful of squash on the side. Other than that, perfection ready for the eventual perfect sandwich as everything settles nicely to stuff it all in between a pair of white bread toast slices with a mix of mustard and homemade hot sauce!

..and all the bountiful Chinese trolls..

Happy Thanks Giving to you and family, my friend, as well as others on this thread, too.

The only thing missing is a serving of sweet, boiled onions. Can't have a Thanksgiving dish without small, boiled sweet onions!? Those are just unbelievable and maybe that dish could use a little spoonful of squash on the side.

Oh, we did have some pie with big red cherries on top. Honestly I am not a big eater and that plate, along with a tiny bit extra of the sweet peas and a little bit of pie was too much. We were in bed by 830 pm.
Never heard of sweet onions as dessert for Thanksgiving before! Sounds good though.

Well I confess that I ate way too much. Practically went into a food coma.

absolutely Not!!!
but I am confused why you asked this question here?

^^^
@Sainthood 101 @Meengla @Hakikat ve Hikmet @INS_Vikramaditya @Gomig-21

Oh, we did have some pie with big red cherries on top. Honestly I am not a big eater and that plate, along with a tiny bit extra of the sweet peas and a little bit of pie was too much. We were in bed by 830 pm.
Never heard of sweet onions as dessert for Thanksgiving before! Sounds good though.

Well they're not really "sweet" in the sense that they're used as dessert. They're just smaller onions than regular sized ones, you can even get them in jars and pickled in many different ways if you want, but just the natural and boiled 5 minutes only and serve them with your stuffing and turkey etc. and they're just perfectly blended. Try them next time you'll enjoy them. Heck you don't even have to wait till next thanksgiving. Next time you make a chicken dinner or something like that, try them alongside you'll really like them.

Served in some butter with a pinch of salt and pepper and badda bing!

1638134330444.png

Well I confess that I ate way too much. Practically went into a food coma.

It happens every time. No matter how hard you mentally and physically prepare yourself not to eat too much, it always happens.

Last edited:
No matter how hard you mentally and physically prepare yourself not to eat too much, it always happens.

True that!
.Also doesn't help that I had a very light eating schedule the day before.

Back
Top Bottom