What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

they're under construction, i cant speak for chinese yards but the ones at KSEW are in very early stages- ive seen them

Thank you. Haven’t the subs in China been under construction for a long time now? If I’m not wrong, the order was placed back around 2015-6..

Thank you. Haven’t the subs in China been under construction for a long time now? If I’m not wrong, the order was placed back around 2015-6..

We were supposed to recieve 4 subs in 2023. Looks like the engine issues are not resolved.

We were supposed to recieve 4 subs in 2023. Looks like the engine issues are not resolved.

Engine issue is resolved now. Germany has blocked the MTU 396 engines, Pakistan waited quite a long then opted for Chinese version.

Chinese CHD620V16H6 diesel engine has passed the National Military Standard (GJB(Guo-jia Jun-yong)) certification on July 27, 2023

CHD620V16H6 submarine engine-1-2.jpg

But certainly all that caused significant delays. New timeline is unknow as of now.

Another 2 more opt for PN, if PN considers it, It will be a great opportunity for PN.
I am talking about S26T submarine of the Thai Navy.
The Thai navy is considering buying Type 054 frigates instead of S26T submarines. One submarine is almost complete and ready for delivery.
http://defense-studies.blogspot.com/2023/10/china-considers-replacing-s-26t-with.html
Yeah those subs will be in limbo
Not sure where they will go
But probably not Pakistan since our models will be different

Unless they are offered at bargain which I don't think they would

4 Were expected in 2023 however the year has already passed by perhaps things will come next year

Hangor class subs are very important for Pakistan, it will give us 2nd strike capability with the nuclear babur missile. Hopefully the range will be increased to 1000km. 8 nuclear strike capable hangor class will be a deadly force.

Back
Top Bottom