GIDS new stuff LGB kit etc

khanasifm

Reaction score
8FA48922-EEC1-45D7-A689-AC2A10F68BAC.jpeg
73AA3271-E177-4429-8549-10A354B0DAE5.jpeg
868762AD-37E4-449F-B434-06A7AFFD3939.jpeg
406B0D1F-EA7E-4AD7-96EA-7EAC56C674CB.jpeg
C917DB31-C718-4881-8D28-13CE9E1DE867.jpeg

Not sure if laser seeker is included or not , local component of kit, some fuses and other items are displayed as well on different shelves

Credit for pic belongs to who took them

Last edited:
798699[/ATTACH]
Not sure if laser seeker is included or not , local component of kit, some fuses and other items are displayed as well on different shelves

Credit for pic belongs to who took them

Good to see "some one" in Pakistan experiment with radar technology and build products using that technology - hopefully they can keep the momentum going to train new engineers to work in that space and build and own intellectual property (knowing Pakistani goverment and private companies - probably not )... lets see ...

If they have built this product using AESA technology from T&R modules made in Pakistan, then there is a pathway to a Pakistani made AEW&C platform using existing Pakistani C&C systems and Pakistani made AESA T&R modules from a lineage derived from the above product.

I want to "believe" ... I really do ..... but ..... very little of the military-industry planning and execution in Pakistan has been strategic.

Last edited:
Good to see "some one" in Pakistan experiment with radar technology and build products using that technology - hopefully they can keep the momentum going to train new engineers to work in that space and build and own intellectual property (knowing Pakistani goverment and private companies - probably not )... lets see ...

If they have built this product using AESA technology from T&R modules made in Pakistan, then there is a pathway to a Pakistani made AEW&C platform using existing Pakistani C&C systems and Pakistani made AESA T&R modules from a lineage derived from the above product.

I want to "believe" ... I really do ..... but ..... very little of the military-industry planning and execution in Pakistan has been strategic.
@Akh1112 have a look here.They are talking about AESA technology in ground servelance radars

Al Battar has been displayed for years. First time we saw it was during a Jordanian Air Force delegation visit.

View attachment 798789

View attachment 798787

Yes I know but first time at GIDS display with specs and components

But time at GIDS display with specs 🤓 at least for me

The big question is seeker included or imported ?

A question range typo meter vs feet ?

Usually lgb ranges between 8-12 miles or so an can be punched above 12k height so not sure what is displayed here

Last edited:
Yes I know but first time at GIDS display with specs and components

But time at GIDS display with specs 🤓 at least for me

The big question is seeker included or imported ?

A question range typo meter vs feet ?

Usually lgb ranges between 8-12 miles or so an can be punched above 12k height so not sure what is displayed here
The mentioned range is seeker acquisition range, not the weapon's overall range. Two different things.

"yes'nt"

Im no radar expert, lets just get that out of the way.

Anyway, we dont make T&R modules full stop, for something like that, we would need tens-hundreds of billions of dollars in investment. Infact, not even the Russians can make modern semiconductors, let alone us.

However, you'll be delighted to see this:
1638624358678.png

So, this doesnt really mean much, infact, it could be utter shit and go nowhere, but there are studies going on. Though, this doesnt clarify the application, S-Band is typically used for long range search radars, i.e AWACS or LR air search radars.

But what this is, is just the design, not the production of them, that would be sent to fab's in another country, for example, Turkey(?) or China.

Aside from this, we did other Airborne radar development work, with AvRID/PAC procuring X-Band TRM's from abroad.
1638625329794.png

though this very much seems like developmental work/testbed stuff, who knows.

Anyway, another thing that links in:

1638625382976.png

so yeah, there you go. Do what you will with this information, if you have any questions, send them my way
@Akh1112 have a look here.They are talking about AESA technology in ground servelance radars
^

Attachments

• 1638625323043.png
    1638625323043.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 40

Back
Top Bottom