What's new

Foxconn withdraws from $19.5 billion Vedanta chip plan in India

@Areesh @Hero786

the whole deal was vapor ware to begin with. Neither Foxconn nor Vedanta know how to fabricate semiconductors
I suspect they were trying to see if they can qualify for the Indian government subsidies

Last edited:
And you drew these conclusions, based on what?

Neither Vedanta nor Foxconn outlined why they are separating from a deal, which is between two private entities.
Do you really want to deny what I said?

Do you really want to deny what I said?
Of course am going to deny, if you are going to generalize. Not one Indian here will deny that, we have lot of structural issues in our Country. Our reporters cry hoarse about the redtapism we have, and bureaucracy issues in India.

However every project doesn't face similar issues

the whole deal was vapor ware to begin with. Neither Foxconn nor Vedanta know how to fabricate semiconductors
I suspect they were trying to see if they can qualify for the Indian government subsidies
Also makes no sense for Foxconn to be a junior partner when they are as much, if not more cash rich than Vedanta. A better JV would likely be b/w a tech partner and a financier.

this is actually more true than not.
But that is true everywhere, whether US or China or everywhere in between. Ask Jack Ma
The business environment in China is excellent, whether it's water and electricity supply, logistics, government efficiency, law and order, infrastructure and so on, China is top notch. Entrepreneurs like Musk can attest to that.

Ma's mistake was that he ignored the warnings of the China Securities Regulatory Commission and ANT FINANCIAL was leveraged 500 times. China will not allow Lehman Brothers' mistakes to be repeated in China.

The punishment of Jack Ma aptly illustrates the superiority of China's business environment. A robust and courageous regulator is good for investors. Of course, I know Indians cannot understand this.

Dear China. The chip manufacturing is shifting towards India. There was a reason why it was setup in China in the first place.
Putting embargoes will not help, as Kashmir and Ladakh region, Gilgit Baltistan and Afghanistan are also rich with gallium and germanium.
Kashmir and Ladakh should be separated from India asap. Afghanistan we can handle for you.

Vedanta , a mining company is not going to join Foxconn which makes no semi-conductors.
The company THAT IS DEFINATLY going to build a semi-conductor fab has already said it will.
TATA is vetting the right partner and has already committed to building the Fab.

The business environment in China is excellent, whether it's water and electricity supply, logistics, government efficiency, law and order, infrastructure and so on, China is top notch. Entrepreneurs like Musk can attest to that.

Ma's mistake was that he ignored the warnings of the China Securities Regulatory Commission and ANT FINANCIAL was leveraged 500 times. China will not allow Lehman Brothers' mistakes to be repeated in China.

The punishment of Jack Ma aptly illustrates the superiority of China's business environment. A robust and courageous regulator is good for investors. Of course, I know Indians cannot understand this.
That may be the ‘ harmonized’ version re Ma.but that’s not what happened . Many of us know.

You are repeating the party line. What happened ? Who knows

Dear China. The chip manufacturing is shifting towards India. There was a reason why it was setup in China in the first place.
Putting embargoes will not help, as Kashmir and Ladakh region, Gilgit Baltistan and Afghanistan are also rich with gallium and germanium.
Kashmir and Ladakh should be separated from India asap. Afghanistan we can handle for you.

India has a long way to go with chip manufacturing. For that matter China

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom