What's new

Flight Lieutenant Younus Hussain, Sitara-i-Juraat

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Flight Lieutenant Younus Hussain fought in air battles aggressively, fearlessly and with great professional skill.

During one such engagement, he fought singly against six enemy aircraft and shot down two Hunters.

Though his own aircraft was damaged in this encounter, he managed to bring it back to base safely.

On 6 September, while attacking Halwara airfield, his small formation was intercepted by a large number of enemy and, although his aircraft was hit, he refused to break off the engagement, in complete disregard of personal safety, and was reported missing from this mission.

He became a symbol of courage and professional ability for other pilots. For his , valour, professional skill and devotion to duty he was awarded Sitara-i-Juraat
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:.

heroes36.jpg

My own house in PAF College Sargodha was formerly called Younis Squarden (named after Flt Lt Younis shaheed) ... This man's courage was established even before his last mission and there r varying accounts of what could have possibly happened to him on his last mission .

Back
Top Bottom