What's new

FIRST LOOK- IAF VVIP AW-101 (PICS)

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
First IAF VVIP AW-101 undergoing flight testing before delivery later this year.

7243534516_056cbb5aa3_b.jpg

7243819788_7048dfacb9_b.jpg

7243532614_c1ea2d769e_b.jpg

7243532066_6506351c6c_b.jpg

7243825060_52bd49bcff_b.jpg

Renders of what it will look like as a finished product:

VVIP version:

IAF_AW101.jpg

DSC00352-718902.JPG

Utilty version which will also be delivered, will be used to transport SPG personal of the close protection team, Counter Assualt Team and Counter Sniper Unit:

IAF's+AW-101+for+VVIP+transportation.jpg

Its a Merlin isn't it. Looks great. :)

Correct, The name "Merlin" is in common usage for those AW101s in service with the British, Danish and Portuguese militaries so it is not certain IAF will adopt this call sign per se.

+ this could be the catalyst to the AW-101 in wider service within India- we will have to wait and see.

+ this could be the catalyst to the AW-101 in wider service within India- we will have to wait and see.

IAF has Mi 17 and IN is searching for something in the NH90 / S60 class, especially since they want one type to be used on LPDs and frigats, destroyers..., which rules out more AW 101 for Indian forces.

it i our bad luck
that we have rich government and poor people (indo-pak)

dude if you or me die it effects are family or friends . but if a politician dies that to a person in power it effects everyone so we have too keep them safe.

and these are not just for some aira-gaira politician..these are for people whose single decision can change the course of nation..like PM, Def Minister....But i guess one of these will be for President too(for prestige purposes)

and these are not just for some aira-gaira politician..these are for people whose single decision can change the course of nation..like PM, Def Minister....But i guess one of these will be for President too(for prestige purposes)

Also for foreign politicians that visits India and needs to be transported around the country. Not everyone will come with their own helicopters like the US do, so it is Indias responsibility to make sure we have reliable and secure transport aircrafts for them.

it i our bad luck
that we have rich government and poor people (indo-pak)

Don't compare the two. These helos are for the highest and most important elected officials in India (and in some cases the Pres)- the PM,Vice PM and (to a lesser extent) DM and service chiefs. These people need to be protected and provided the highest possible security cover the nation can afford. We can only assume it would be of HUGE value to any rouge/terror group to take out any of these guys and added to that such an event would have a huge impact on the nation and national security and a whole.

I regret my decision of avoiding Indian air force as my career option .

I've heard we'll get 12.

How many VVIP-transports and how many for utility ops for SPG?

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom