What's new

First Crusade - Battle of Manzikert & Rise of Alexios Komnenos

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

New Kings and Generals animated historical animated documentary series on the First Crusade starts off with a prelude video covering the situation in the Byzantine empire after the death of Basil II, including courtly intrigues, coups and civil wars. We will talk about the rise of the Seljuk sultanate, the Eastern Roman response to it and the ascension of Romanos IV to the throne and battle of Manzikert fought in 1071 between the Roman Emperor and the Seljuk sultan Alp Arslan.

Kings and Generals animated historical animated documentary series on the First Crusade continued with the aftermath of the battle of Manzikert of 1071 where the Eastern Roman Empire's army led by Romanos was defeated by the Seljuk army of Alp Arslan. We will cover a number of Byzantine civil wars, and the battles of Zombos Bridge and Kalavrye, which led to the rise of Alexios I and his Komnenos dynasty.

Arguably the most important Byzantine Emperor even more than Justinian. If it wasn't for him Byzantine would have ended 300 years before they actually fell.

Kings and Generals animated historical animated documentary series on the First Crusade continued with the aftermath of the battle of Manzikert of 1071 where the Eastern Roman Empire's army led by Romanos was defeated by the Seljuk army of Alp Arslan and the battles of Zombos Bridge and Kalavrye, which brought Alexios I and his Komnenos dynasty to the Byzantine throne. This episode will focus on the Rise of the Seljuks and the partition of their empire, leading to the creation of the Seljuk Sultanate of Rum.

Kings and Generals animated historical documentary series on the First Crusade continues with the aftermath of the battle of Manzikert of 1071 where the Eastern Roman Empire's army led by Romanos was defeated by the Seljuk army of Alp Arslan and the battles of Zombos Bridge and Kalavrye, which brought Alexios I and his Komnenos dynasty to the Byzantine throne. Our previous episode talked about the partition of the Seljuk Empire, while this one will talk about Pope Urban II and his call to Crusade, which sparked the People's and Prince's Crusade.

Kings and Generals animated historical documentary series on the First Crusade continues with the aftermath of the battle of Manzikert of 1071 where the Eastern Roman Empire's army led by Romanos was defeated by the Seljuk army of Alp Arslan and the battles of Zombos Bridge and Kalavrye, which brought Alexios I and his Komnenos dynasty to the Byzantine throne. We covered the rise of the Seljuks and the partition of their empire, leading to the creation of the Seljuk Sultanate of Rum and Pope Urban II's call for Crusade. This episode will focus on the People's Crusade, including the recruitment effort, the Jewish Rhineland pogroms, the travel of the crusaders under Peter the Hermit and other leaders, clashes with the Balkan nations and the Eastern Roman Empire, and the final defeat of the crusade at the battle of Civetot.

Back
Top Bottom