What's new

Fighter jets’ parts on sale in Peshawar

ejaz007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
* Scrap dealers to receive remaining 11 planes, a helicopter on Oct 9 under auction agreement
By Akhtar Amin

PESHAWAR: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) sold 13 scrapped MiG fighter planes and a disintegrated helicopter to scrap dealers at an auction, who have put them on sale in the open market in the city.

The PAF sold the warplanes for the first time in Peshawar and out of 13 planes, local dealers have put the parts of two of the planes on sale in the open market of Usmania Colony in Kotla Mohsin Khan area.

Abaseen Khan, a scrap dealer, told Daily Times on Tuesday that he and nine other scrap dealers had bought the planes at an auction held at the PAF base at the Peshawar International Airport in August. “We (local dealers) bought the planes for Rs 4 million and have put their parts on sale in the open market,” Khan said, adding that they did not want the planes broken down into parts but the PAF officials did not agree. He said two of the planes were in good condition and the dealers wanted to get them whole, but the PAF officials told them the planes had to be broken down into parts before the dealers could take them. Abaseen said the PAF officials made it clear that the plane components could be sold and used as ‘scrap only’ and warned them of stern action in case of any contravention.

Receive: Under the auction agreement, the scrap dealers would receive the remaining 11 MiG planes and a helicopter on October 9. Another dealer said one of the planes sold at the auction had crashed during the recent military operation in Bajaur.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

* Scrap dealers to receive remaining 11 planes, a helicopter on Oct 9 under auction agreement
By Akhtar Amin

PESHAWAR: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) sold 13 scrapped MiG fighter planes and a disintegrated helicopter to scrap dealers at an auction, who have put them on sale in the open market in the city.

The PAF sold the warplanes for the first time in Peshawar and out of 13 planes, local dealers have put the parts of two of the planes on sale in the open market of Usmania Colony in Kotla Mohsin Khan area.

Abaseen Khan, a scrap dealer, told Daily Times on Tuesday that he and nine other scrap dealers had bought the planes at an auction held at the PAF base at the Peshawar International Airport in August. “We (local dealers) bought the planes for Rs 4 million and have put their parts on sale in the open market,” Khan said, adding that they did not want the planes broken down into parts but the PAF officials did not agree. He said two of the planes were in good condition and the dealers wanted to get them whole, but the PAF officials told them the planes had to be broken down into parts before the dealers could take them. Abaseen said the PAF officials made it clear that the plane components could be sold and used as ‘scrap only’ and warned them of stern action in case of any contravention.

Receive: Under the auction agreement, the scrap dealers would receive the remaining 11 MiG planes and a helicopter on October 9. Another dealer said one of the planes sold at the auction had crashed during the recent military operation in Bajaur.

I must say its pathetic !!

They can be bought out by some terrorist Organisation and get it fixed and probebly be used as a Kamakazi Style Suicidal attack on an Important target.

I had saw my self Fighter Aircraft spare parts , scrapped pieces and Fuel Tanks getting sold on a scrap shop situated on Jhang sargodha road In Jhang sadar Punjab Pakistan about 3 years ago.

I think PAF must sale these birds and specially weird looking huge fuel tans to Certified Foundries in order to get them dismantled and melted to avoid any misusage like a fuel tank can be converted into a Huge bomb and could be dropped by a helicopter( hired , hijacked , personal) on any target .
Regards::pakistan:

By Akhtar Amin

MiGs? When did PAF have MiGs?

They can be bought out by some terrorist Organisation and get it fixed and probebly be used as a Kamakazi Style Suicidal attack on an Important target.
You just cannot bolt pieces of a 'MiG' fighter and expect it to fly, that too Kamikaze style!! It takes a lot more than that to actually get any of those birds flying again. But if carefully sorted out, the scrap metal would be worth a fortune!

I had saw my self Fighter Aircraft spare parts , scrapped pieces and Fuel Tanks getting sold on a scrap shop situated on Jhang sargodha road In Jhang sadar Punjab Pakistan about 3 years ago.

I think PAF must sale these birds and specially weird looking huge fuel tans to Certified Foundries in order to get them dismantled and melted to avoid any misusage like a fuel tank can be converted into a Huge bomb and could be dropped by a helicopter( hired , hijacked , personal) on any target .
Regards::pakistan:

Aw common. Operating a fighter jet is not driving a rikshaw that any sick-head terrorist could do. Leave flying aside, does a laymen even understand how to turn a jet engine on?

Leaving the operational aspect aside, I dont think selling Fighter Jet Parts is something nice to hear. If PAF is done with those planes, they can use them to science universities for students to learn a little bit about them. This will not only increase the interest of students in flying and PAF, they will also understand some technical aspects that how something is made. You never know how many of those students would Join Army and PAF in the days to come.

MiGs? When did PAF have MiGs?

You just cannot bolt pieces of a 'MiG' fighter and expect it to fly, that too Kamikaze style!! It takes a lot more than that to actually get any of those birds flying again. But if carefully sorted out, the scrap metal would be worth a fortune!

you are maybe right , but can you tell me who used to Fly Afghan Airforce's Mig's In Cold war .?
For your information i would say there are few Privtely owned MIG's in Australia flying.
any how that was just a speculation , and i recognise that that its less likely but not impossible.:sniper:

Hey MIG could be the F6s or the F7s one is derived from the MiG 19 the other from MiG 21! so yes it is not totally wrong....

Hey MIG could be the F6s or the F7s one is derived from the MiG 19 the other from MiG 21! so yes it is not totally wrong....

Mig 19 (Russian name), F-6 (Pak Name), J-6 (Chinese Name)

Mig 21 (Russian name), F-7 (Pak Name), J-7 (Chinese Name)

A-6 (Pak Name), J-5 (Chinese Name)

JF-17 (Pak Name), FC-1 (Chinese Name)

J-10/FC-20 (Chinese Name)

Please correct if I am wrong

Pakistan should donate these state of art crafts to Indian army they need all the hekp they need against sepratist:bunny: also the technology will be ... integrated easily with their other stuff they own in their inventory ...

Mig 19 (Russian name), F-6 (Pak Name), J-6 (Chinese Name)

Mig 21 (Russian name), F-7 (Pak Name), J-7 (Chinese Name)

A-6 (Pak Name), J-5 (Chinese Name)

JF-17 (Pak Name), FC-1 (Chinese Name)

J-10/FC-20 (Chinese Name)

Please correct if I am wrong

A-5 (Pak Name), Q-5 (Chinese Name)

Mig 17(Russian name), J-5 (Chinese Name)

DANGER, DEAR!
are you going to buy !;)
its really dangeroues, if you got those, maybe you will make your own"surgical strikes" some where near, "PATHAN KOT":lol::rofl:
JUST KIDDING.

ya i wan buy it,if my pockts aloow me.:smitten:
first i wana know about its price.
im not living in peshawar.thank god.and if i go there with my beard face and ask for some aircrafts part in open market,secret agencies will surly arrest me.:lol::rofl:
well im really looking for small jet engines like for small handy aircrafts.also a cntrolling system.wana bilt a toy.:D

Back
Top Bottom