What's new

Famous artist MF Hussain passes away

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Updated at: 1536 PST, Thursday, June 09, 2011
LONDON: Renowned Indian painter Maqbool Fida Hussain passed away in the early hours of today in London at the age of 95.

According to reports, he died at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London. He had been suffering from age-related ailments for some time and had been in hospital for the last two days. He was being treated for fluid in the lungs and breathing difficulties.

His sons and daughter were with him when the end came, the sources said.

Hussain had been living in self-imposed exile in Dubai and London since 2006 after coming under attack from fundamentalists at home for his paintings of Hindu deities. Early last year, Qatar conferred its nationality on him.

Famous artist MF Hussain passes away - GEO.tv

I am sure most of the Indian members would be happy to hear that - but since he is dead - lets all remember him with good words only (or else stay away from this thread)

RIP

mf_hussain_20070521.jpg

mf-hussain.jpg

I am sure most of the Indian members would be happy to hear that - but since he is dead - lets all remember him with good words only (or else stay away from this thread)

RIP

mf_hussain_20070521.jpg

mf-hussain.jpg

Two things for you -
1. You could have done without your provocations and judgements
2. There are like 5 threads on this already Check them and see how many Indian members are happy

Two things for you -
1. You could have done without your provocations and judgements
2. There are like 5 threads on this already Check them and see how many Indian members are happy
I am not well since past 3 days - never was so ill in my entire life...

Read this news now and similar thread option no longer works - MODs can delete this thread if this was already shared :cry:

Rest in Peace. was he the oldest Artist of his time? 95 years is a pretty long.

I am not well since past 3 days - never was so ill in my entire life...

Read this news now and similar thread option no longer works - MODs can delete this thread if this was already shared :cry:

Ok. Glad you're well now. Hope I wasnt too rude in my reply.

Rest in Peace. Its a great loss to the art community with his passing. I loved his works, and it was pathetic that he left India due to morons in BD and Shiv Sena.

Hopefully his art continues to inspire budding artists and many other people.

RIP

Its sad Zaki, after 1 year time at Forum i found that even you have trolling and hater bone in your body..Its indeed sad..never expected from you..

Any how...RIP Mr Hussain..he was great artist and one of marvels of India.

Great painter, Hope he will be remembered for a long time, RIP.

Its sad Zaki, after 1 year time at Forum i found that even you have trolling and hater bone in your body..Its indeed sad..never expected from you..

Any how...RIP Mr Hussain..he was great artist and one of marvels of India.
lol - not trolling bro but i have seen people swearing him and getting banned from the very same forum

i am sure it has appeased many PDF members today.. that is why i urged in advance to either say RIP or keep quite

you perhaps never noticed that before

lol - not trolling bro but i have seen people swearing him and getting banned from the very same forum

i am sure it has appeased many PDF members today.. that is why i urged in advance to either say RIP or keep quite

you perhaps never noticed that before

There is difference of sense between "Many Indian PDF members" and "Most of Indian PDF members" .. Anyhow you know better about yourself and the post.

@Zaki : Being an Indian and Hindu, I have mixed feelings for Mr MF Hussain. While I am great fan of him not as an artist but as a man with "Larger than Life " attitude, I still find his paintings offensive for which he was facing political exile. A liberty on name of Arts should have barriers on normal people front, unless that will not be stopped such kind of cases or Danish cartoons will pop up.

R.I.P. MF.. will miss u

Back
Top Bottom