What's new

Failure of Democracy in Pakistan: Causes and Solution

I hate democracy- will never work in Islamic country-
Dictatorialacy- ftw

20 , 30 years to corrupt politicians ? so that they make us to eat dust

If it was true for democracy then today the people of USA, Europe and Australia would not have been having highest standards of living. I really can't imagine that how someone can favor a military government over an elected government. My friend you can at least change the elected government in 5 years but for military government one don't even have this option. And do you think military dictators are clean of corruption? Do you think Musharraf apni books ki royalty ki income se london me rah raha hai and usi paise se apni political party banayega pakistan aa kar? or do you think saddam and gaddafi apni kamayi ke paise par aish karte the and it was not public money?

If it was true for democracy then today the people of USA, Europe and Australia would not have been having highest standards of living. I really can't imagine that how someone can favor a military government over an elected government. My friend you can at least change the elected government in 5 years but for military government one don't even have this option. And do you think military dictators are clean of corruption? Do you think Musharraf apni books ki royalty ki income se london me rah raha hai and usi paise se apni political party banayega pakistan aa kar? or do you think saddam and gaddafi apni kamayi ke paise par aish karte the and it was not public money?
you cant compare situation of Pakistan with US and Europe .
1 - fake votes are a major problem in the path of real democracy
2 - people here vote on the basis of Bradri and relations
3 - people are not much educated to choose a right one
4 - the track record of major political parties is full of corruption cases
5 - because of corrupt politicians people believe more in Army

you cant compare situation of Pakistan with US and Europe .
1 - fake votes are a major problem in the path of real democracy
2 - people here vote on the basis of Bradri and relations
3 - people are not much educated to choose a right one
4 - the track record of major political parties is full of corruption cases
5 - because of corrupt politicians people believe more in Army

Thats why you need to give time to democracy. It needs time to get the people educated enough. Do you think there have never been fake voting in america? Do you think that the people there have been honest since ancient ages. You gotta setup a system to stop fake votes, educate people, weed out corruption from politics. For all this you have to give proper time to democracy. Chalo ji hum chale, software develop karna hai, desh ke GDP ko grow karne me help karni hai. aap bhi marizo ka elaz karo.

Doctor saheb , you know it very well in your heart why is pakistan at crossroads even after 64 years & even bangladesh which sepparated 40 years back is fast emerging as a regional power , well because of your elites misguided notions(which are still very strong & unchanged) and total lack of priorities , had they from day one worked towrds a propores pakistan withan indepedent foriegn policy and put a big effort in industrialization , land reforms & using pakistans strategic loction as a corridor for trade & commerce between india & central asia (as it had been since anciant times ) and build a strong tax structure to get the most benifits instead of worring about india & taking revenge for the loss of jageers & family egos ..belive me south asia would have been the most proporus & indrustrialised place in the whole world .
you know what the problem is ? i give you some hints
Bangladesh separated because of failure of elected people to convince each other on power sharing formula ( leave Bangladesh out of discussion it will go off topic )
if you talk about reforms like industrial and agricultural then yes we need them but there are many hurdles in it and these hurdles are because of these politicians , these politicians are industrialists and land lords and they never give any rights to farmers and other workers ,
these politicians also even themselves dont pay taxes and how can we expect them to do reforms related to taxes
I am not against democracy but this type of democracy will create much trouble for us

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Thats why you need to give time to democracy. It needs time to get the people educated enough. Do you think there have never been fake voting in america? Do you think that the people there have been honest since ancient ages. You gotta setup a system to stop fake votes, educate people, weed out corruption from politics. For all this you have to give proper time to democracy. Chalo ji hum chale, software develop karna hai, desh ke GDP ko grow karne me help karni hai. aap bhi marizo ka elaz karo.
this what we doing now . we are working for a change thats why now educated people specially youth supporting IK

I hate democracy- will never work in Islamic country-
Dictatorialacy- ftw

If people are not involved in decision making aka democracy , then no such a country could work nor any system will work they will always fail like middle east states are failing , your comments seems to be illiterate person's comment.

Democracy , freedom , FTW nothing else

American Policy
USAidTRap.jpg

Pakistan need to get rid of Zagirdaar/Waderas/Sardars. just 2000 landlords control most of the land in Pakistan. Most of the member of National Assembly are landlords. Feudalism system is the symbol of medieval world, Bangladesh and India got rid of it but Pakistan never got rid of it and it turned out to a disaster for the society.

A progressive nation need Industrialists, economists etc. and not Landlords.

I think democracy is somewhat an illussion

People can only be governed by their consent. I say this because no matter how large the security apparatus of a country relative to a countries population it can only be a small percentage. Take pakistan which has a standing military of say near 1 mill out of a population 180 mill. Police and other paramilitary are in the thousands? Lets say a mere 25% number of people take to the streets that would equate to 45 million people coming on the streets. If 45 million people were to come to the streets what could the security apparatus do. Firstly it is likely that a number of the 45 million people will be family members of people who are in the security forces and secondly even the Pak Army armed with nukes what could they do start killing large numbers of their own people? Let nukes off within pakistan?

The best form of consent is voluntary-enlightened. However consent can be obtained or given by ignorance/lack of education. Consent can also be obtained by threats and coercion and bribery.

Western democracy-

France America UK- associated with capitalism

An american asked if they live in democracy in 1950 they would have stated they had democracy its the best etc yet blacks were not allowed to vote. In UK women were not allowed to vote in 1920. Simply people from today's modern democratic western countries would not recognise as fair or democratic their own countries as little as 50 years ago.

American – a small group acting in concert can have disproportionate effect- jewish zionist in the form of AIPAC

Democracy in chronology

UK-Kings-Lords- blood letting-Cromwell-suffragettes-voting age-can be in army but no vote. even today a very small number of people 20% of electrate have elected Cameron -an elected dictator?

France-Kings-revolution blood letting-dictators-parliament-

America-blood letting-colony revolution civil war

This shows weaknesses which the west simply refuse to acknowledge in their system just as they didn't allow blacks to vote in america but thought they had democracy sometime ago

Communism-democracy-show strengths China have done well taken people out of povery and illeteracy. west have good propaganda so they have already highlighted their good points and communisms bad points

Separation of powers

Interference- United Nations is not democratic.-5 permanant members whats that about??

Some countries in the name of human rights and democracy interfere. this is all and well admirable but who decides who is a rebel or a criminal. . Lets say in Libya the latest-country where we had interference who decided that the majority of libyans wanted Gadaffi out? After all "the rebels" couldn't seem to get out of benghazi without Natos help. Perhaps therefore no country has the right or should interfere in another country. The effect of education in libya high illiteracy when gadaffi took power-today a high number of graduates inb Libya. If Gaddaffi had kept them the way our feudal keep some pakistanis he may not have suffered the fate he suffered?

So in conclusion I say dont get brain washed into thinking that democracy as defined in the west will solve our problems

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom