What's new

Exclusive: Shahpar 2 missile Firing video

Here we go...

None of the major Western defence manufacturing firms hire ex-military guys to do graphic design, copywriting, video creation, digital campaigns, designing pavilions, creating brochures, web design, and so on. I've been to multiple defence exhibitions and can tell you that the senior sales reps at LM, Boeing, Dassault, BAE, General Dynamics, etc, are also professional salespeople who've worked 10-15+ years at Microsoft, Dell, GE, BP, Shell, etc and not ex-military guys or serving military guys.

Actually, I do know who runs the media campaigns for the PAF. However, I also know that 100% of the marketing output isn't their fault because, at the end of the day, the people above them don't understand marketing enough to let them do a good job.

I'll give you a story from a past marketing person at the PAF. This person advised AHQ to contract a professional video team and some time on the C-130 or CN235 to take aerial footage of the F-16 and JF-17. AHQ said no. Then, some months later, AHQ let a Chinese team do exactly that thing and the result was the following:

This is how we treat competent people from within the armed forces. No surprise. Again, we can't even sell our own salt without India claiming it's theirs, the rest doesn't surprise me. The fact that the marketing work didn't go to a professional team was a bad decision. Full stop.

As to your first paragraph, the military does use private vendors. The product is as good as you can get from Pakistan. Obviously you cannot compare it to what is done by companies and countries with far more resources. Tenders for these services are open. If you and your people think you can do a better job. Please compete for the tender and don’t just complain.

As to your first paragraph, the military does use private vendors. The product is as good as you can get from Pakistan. Obviously you cannot compare it to what is done by companies and countries with far more resources. Tenders for these services are open. If you and your people think you can do a better job. Please compete for the tender and don’t just complain.
It's not as open for marketing. I know this from experience. In 2016, the work for creating the marketing brochure for the Super Mushshak was given to a retired PAF Wing Commander. I copyedited the document and saw it in use as late as IDEAS 2018. The scriptwriting work for a documentary was given to another retired PAF officer.

The problem with the mentality is that everyone deserves to be anything, even when they lack the qualifications and skills for the task. My complaints in this thread were all centered on the poor marketing, nothing else. I think the Shahpar-2 is a superb product. I'm not going to criticize the design, specifications, capabilities, etc because, at the end of the day, the right personnel were involved in every decision involving its creation. It's obvious when we look at the Shahpar-2 in of itself.

Unfortunately, we're not presenting the work in the best light befitting its actual value.

Why? Because, to my earlier point, the marketing work was given to non-marketing guys. It's as simple as that.

Because our marketing is weak, others take advantage of it and hammer us with their narratives. So, all this stuff about "do more" and the world ignoring India's flaws, it all stems from the fact that we're totally absent in terms of marketing. Our work in the area is, at best, half-baked and, at worst, totally neglected.

Just because I trust someone with my life, it doesn't mean I'll ask them to make my posters.

Last edited:
It's not as open for marketing. I know this from experience. In 2016, the work for creating the marketing brochure for the Super Mushshak was given to a retired PAF Wing Commander. I copyedited the document and saw it in use as late as IDEAS 2018. The scriptwriting work for a documentary was given to another retired PAF officer.

The problem with the mentality is that everyone deserves to be anything, even when they lack the qualifications and skills for the task. My complaints in this thread were all centered on the poor marketing, nothing else. I think the Shahpar-2 is a superb product. I'm not going to criticize the design, specifications, capabilities, etc because, at the end of the day, the right personnel were involved in every decision involving its creation. It's obvious when we look at the Shahpar-2 in of itself.

Unfortunately, we're not presenting the work in the best light befitting its actual value.

Why? Because, to my earlier point, the marketing work was given to non-marketing guys. It's as simple as that.

Because our marketing is weak, others take advantage of it and hammer us with their narratives. So, all this stuff about "do more" and the world ignoring India's flaws, it all stems from the fact that we're totally absent in terms of marketing. Our work in the area is, at best, half-baked and, at worst, totally neglected.

Just because I trust someone with my life, it doesn't mean I'll ask them to make my posters.
I agree the type of marketing you are talking about needs improvement along with almost everything thing else. But the type of marketing you are talking about has very little bearing on closing military equipment deals. Secondly your personal disappointments in not getting what you wanted are clouding your opinion.

How dose TB2 compare with Shahpar 2?

Which is better (based on specs only)

A comparison has been done by JamD on Pakistan unveils Shahpar 2 thread. You can check it there.
It is probably last post of thread

In this thread

Here we go...

None of the major Western defence manufacturing firms hire ex-military guys to do graphic design, copywriting, video creation, digital campaigns, designing pavilions, creating brochures, web design, and so on. I've been to multiple defence exhibitions and can tell you that the senior sales reps at LM, Boeing, Dassault, BAE, General Dynamics, etc, are also professional salespeople who've worked 10-15+ years at Microsoft, Dell, GE, BP, Shell, etc and not ex-military guys or serving military guys.

Actually, I do know who runs the media campaigns for the PAF. However, I also know that 100% of the marketing output isn't their fault because, at the end of the day, the people above them don't understand marketing enough to let them do a good job.

I'll give you a story from a past marketing person at the PAF. This person advised AHQ to contract a professional video team and some time on the C-130 or CN235 to take aerial footage of the F-16 and JF-17. AHQ said no. Then, some months later, AHQ let a Chinese team do exactly that thing and the result was the following:

This is how we treat competent people from within the armed forces. No surprise. Again, we can't even sell our own salt without India claiming it's theirs, the rest doesn't surprise me. The fact that the marketing work didn't go to a professional team was a bad decision. Full stop.
Bro there is no one stopping you from buying salt at wholesale. Package it and ship it abroad as you want.

Do it
Burq: high speed
برق

Arabic word observed by Urdu.
Burraq was carrier of Rasool Pak on night of Mirage.

Peace be upon Him and his family and his followers
Thank you bhai 🙏

Damn we still arguing whether Pakistan defense industries / military are great at marketing or not LMAO!.

Anyone who believes we are great in marketing then they have no idea about the kind of top Quality / Professionalism is required in this field. This is a whole science and our defense industry sucks in it because its not their job. They just have to outsource this to any professional pakistani agency.

I will give a few tiny examples, i mean just check PAC, GIDS, or even navy official website, you will find out that either some babas developed these Or some kid's work. I mean really, no font selection, stretched images, no optimization, no idea where to put headines. I mean UX guy will vomit over these. Websites are the first digital face of you, any information vendors or possible buyers can be looking at these.

Now comes to few examples, I just copied these images from the Dubai Air show thread in PDF:

Look at below image, this is our standard in international defense exhibition. Look at F-7 how its cropped, i mean its not even properly cropped. Its a 2 minute job to crop it properly in photoshop for professionals. This whole banner is a joke, low resolution logo, most hilarious selection of font and pathetic selection of colors tells our whole caliber in marketing assets whether digital or print.

DJI_20211114_103654_72.jpg

See below image, spelling mistake in an international defense exhibition.. really ? I mean in such international exhibitions, there is absolutely no concept / no imagination of mistakes. But we are badshah people.

DJI_20211114_104001_76.jpg

Look at below GREAT marketing asset by some idiot. Logo almost unreadable, no alignment, No heading concepts, no margins, all bullet points, paint thrown all over.. What joke is this ?

DJI_20211116_111711_216.jpg

I can actually go on with this for hours.. So, Whoever is arguing that we are great in marketing needs to drop it. We completely sucks in it. We will only improve, if we acknowledge our mistakes and weaknesses. This is the job of private sector / marketing agencies. this is the job for professionals.

Our end product can be great!. Like this UCAV, but we definitely need to improve us where its obvious! .. Let's move on and get back to real topic which is this new UCAV! :)

Damn we still arguing whether Pakistan defense industries / military are great at marketing or not LMAO!.

Anyone who believes we are great in marketing then they have no idea about the kind of top Quality / Professionalism is required in this field. This is a whole science and our defense industry sucks in it because its not their job. They just have to outsource this to any professional pakistani agency.

I will give a few tiny examples, i mean just check PAC, GIDS, or even navy official website, you will find out that either some babas developed these Or some kid's work. I mean really, no font selection, stretched images, no optimization, no idea where to put headines. I mean UX guy will vomit over these. Websites are the first digital face of you, any information vendors or possible buyers can be looking at these.

Now comes to few examples, I just copied these images from the Dubai Air show thread in PDF:

Look at below image, this is our standard in international defense exhibition. Look at F-7 how its cropped, i mean its not even properly cropped. Its a 2 minute job to crop it properly in photoshop for professionals. This whole banner is a joke, low resolution logo, most hilarious selection of font and pathetic selection of colors tells our whole caliber in marketing assets whether digital or print.

View attachment 797883

See below image, spelling mistake in an international defense exhibition.. really ? I mean in such international exhibitions, there is absolutely no concept / no imagination of mistakes. But we are badshah people.

View attachment 797884

Look at below GREAT marketing asset by some idiot. Logo almost unreadable, no alignment, No heading concepts, no margins, all bullet points, paint thrown all over.. What joke is this ?

View attachment 797885

I can actually go on with this for hours.. So, Whoever is arguing that we are great in marketing needs to drop it. We completely sucks in it. We will only improve, if we acknowledge our mistakes and weaknesses. This is the job of private sector / marketing agencies. this is the job for professionals.

Our end product can be great!. Like this UCAV, but we definitely need to improve us where its obvious! .. Let's move on and get back to real topic which is this new UCAV! :)
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom