What's new

Dua for my young brother

We are requesting dua for safe surgery.

He was with friends, and due to a vehicle accident, he sustained a C5 fracture in his neck. The doctor said he got lucky because his spine shifted forward and prevented a severe separation and/or paralysis and death.

However, they will do surgery in the morning to shift the spine back in position.
May Allah grant your brother and all who are sick 100% recovery ASAP. 🙏

sending you wishes and prayers, May Allah give him a quick recovery InshaAllah

Update:

1) Right now, he is stable and medicated to alleviate pain.

2) The surgeon board for neurology decided they will have to place rods on both sides of the spine.

3) Two teams formed to keep watch on the spine and another on the vascular system that will keep the doctor informed.

Surgery is scheduled for 3 PM Chicago time.

Insha’Allah everything will be ok soon. I make duaa after every namaaz.

Thanks for all your duas, everyone.

Update:

Surgery was successful, and he's stable. He's slightly moving his arm and leg, which the doctor said is a good sign. However, they will keep him in the hospital for the next week to ensure things are fine and check for abnormal issues. He will be in a neck brace for three months, after which he will start physical therapy.

1) They placed rods on both sides of the spine from C3 to C6. At first, they were thinking of fusion which is the worst-case scenario.
2) He will take regular aspirin daily to prevent blood clots, especially in the artery area.

This incident will be life-altering as one wrong decision and an irresponsible friend ruined everything. He was very athletic, only 23 years old, and played football from 7th grade to college on a scholarship with an excellent build, which the doctor said possibly helped prevent a complete separation. He was attending the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to finish his master's in accounting and then sit in for the CPA exam. He also accepted a full-time position at Deloitte. All that is now down the drain for him, and I'm sure he is contemplating this while he's drugged up. The doctor even said he kept mentioning his studies and work and told us she told him it's not possible right now.

We now have to see as he heals how his body works and pray no post-op issues, etc.

I always tell my siblings to keep their company clean and professional, and goofballs should not be in the picture past 8th grade.

Instead of my parents relaxing at their age, they now have to care for him rather than being the other way around.

Last edited:
The drivers who's cause theses senseless accidents where passengers are killed either or injured , these idiots always seem to survive and carry on with life with out a care in the world. Leaving others to pick up pieces.

The drivers who's cause theses senseless accidents where passengers are killed either or injured , these idiots always seem to survive and carry on with life with out a care in the world. Leaving others to pick up pieces.

Precisely! I do not wish harm on anyone, but seeing the other guy walk away and text my brother he apologizes burns me up.

Looking at the bright side, he is on his way to get heal ...

time to get him a PS5 to cheer him up (and improve his healing process) :)

Back
Top Bottom