What's new

Defence Exports up 150% in July

I think the goal here is to build a long term successful business which will stand the test of time

South Korea and France are doing really well too

is Turkey top 5 or top 10 in defense exports in the world?

Every year for last ten years people on this forum talk about massive growing Turkish defense exports like this post so just wondering where they are now in the list.

Last edited:

Every year for last ten years people on this forum talk about massive growing Turkish defense exports like this post so just wondering where they are now in the list.
I think we are in 11th place in 2022.

I think we are in 11th place in 2022.

as of 1st of August it was 12th which is a big jump for Turkey but still Turkey is the 19th largest importer for weapons

in the next few years Turkey should switch to importing components only rather than full off the self systems

reduce the imports and increase its position into the Top Ten 10 exporters by 2025

South Korea is a prime example, $7.25 billion in 2022 and $17 billion in 2023 helped by the $13.7 billion deal with Poland alone, why South Korea get the contract? Production capacity

what Turkey needs is industrial strength and capacity to build + deliver heavy weaponry to far away customers

South Korea built and delivered 10 x K2 tanks + 24 x K9 howitzers months after the deal was signed and and to date 15 x K2 and 36 x K9s have been delivered all within a year of the contract

South Korea is close producing more 155mm rounds than EU + US combined before the NATO ramp up

Germany on the hand is still to hand over 4 x Leopards deal signed in 2018

if Turkey can guarantee fast delivery with fast production this would put them into a good position to sell to European marketplace as they are much closer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom