What's new

Coca-Cola Içecek (Turkey) merged with Coca Cola (Pakistan)

Hero786

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
652af185bb0c0.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The Competition Commission of Pakistan (CCP) has granted approval to the acquisition of Coca Cola (Pakistan) under phase-1 review of the Competition Act, 2010, and the Competition (Merger Control) Regulations, 2016.

Coca-Cola Içecek (Turkey) acquired 49.67 percent shareholding of Coca Cola (Pakistan) through CCI International Holand (one of its subsidiaries) from Atlantic Industries. The transaction involves total consideration of US$300 million.

After this transaction, Coca Cola Turkey will own majority of shareholding in Coca Cola (Pakistan) with management. This is significant vote of confidence that Pakistani economy has great potential for above-average returns on their capital for international investors.

The CCP received a pre-merger application from the acquirer CCI International Holland and the seller Atlantic Industries. The Acquirer is a private limited company and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Coca-Cola Içecek AS, a company existing under the laws of Türkiye. The Ultimate Acquirer owns 49.67% shareholding of the Target and has the management control.

The Target is an unlisted public limited company incorporated in Pakistan. It is engaged in production, selling, trading and distribution of carbonated and non-carbonated beverages with the trade mark of Coca-Cola.

The CCP has examined the Application as well as all the documents and the information provided by the concerned undertakings. The Phase I competition assessment of the intended transaction has revealed the following facts:

The Chairman and Mergers team has streamlined merger system and process to expedite mergers/acquisitions applications to facilitate international investors.

Coca Cola Turkey bought Coca Cola Pakistan for $300 million, but the total assets of Shell Pakistan amount to only $200 million for a country of 250 million?

Astounding.

Junk drinks and usurpers of best water springs usually. Even that value is to high for such company.

Coca Cola Turkey bought Coca Cola Pakistan for $300 million, but the total assets of Shell Pakistan amount to only $200 million for a country of 250 million?

Astounding.
Is Shell Pakistan engaging in some number games through fake book value valuations? It's possible, maybe something shady is going on. idk
Also Coca-Cola is not just a fizzy drink; they're involved in all sorts of things. Coke Studio is a massive brand in its own right. Also, they own Fanta, Sprite, Dasani, and a couple of other drinks. There are probably other things we don't even know about that they own

Is Shell Pakistan engaging in some number games through fake book value valuations? It's possible, maybe something shady is going on. idk
Also Coca-Cola is not just a fizzy drink; they're involved in all sorts of things. Coke Studio is a massive brand in its own right. Also, they own Fanta, Sprite, Dasani, and a couple of other drinks. There are probably other things we don't even know about

I don't think Coke Studio is part of this deal. They just give naming rights to another production company, no?

I don't think Coke Studio is part of this deal. They just give naming rights to another production company, no?
I'm just trying to make sense of these numbers, Coca-Cola alone is not worth $250 million.
thats for sure

I'm just trying to make sense of these numbers, Coca-Cola alone is not worth $250 million.
thats for sure

Let's see if we get some more details on this.

I am definitely a dumb guy as far as M&A's go. Maybe some CA guy here can help.

CCI already had about 49.67% shares, they are acquiring rest of shares?

Back
Top Bottom