What's new

COAS chairs corps commanders conference

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif is chairing a conference of the Pakistan Army's corps commanders at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi today.

During the on-going meeting, General Raheel and the commanders expressed their resolve to eradicate terrorism through the ongoing operation Zarb-i-Azb, a comprehensive operation against foreign and local terrorists who were hiding in sanctuaries in North Waziristan, a week after the brazen insurgent attack on the country's busiest airport in Karachi last year.

The commanders were also briefed about security at the eastern and western borders of Pakistan.

During the conference last month, the COAS and Corps commanders comprehensively reviewed internal and external security situation in the country.

Know more: Corps commanders conference held at GHQ

The review also focused on the most effective manner of implementing the National Action Plan (NAP) — which was drafted in the wake of the deadly Peshawar school attack to chalk out a comprehensive strategy to combat terrorism — with the federal and provincial governments, in order to eliminate terrorism, extremism and sectarianism without any discrimination.

Also read: Nawaz constitutes special committee to implement National Action Plan

In the wake of the terrorist attack on Peshawar's Army Public School which left more than 130 students dead, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in December last year constituted a special committee for the implementation of the NAP.

"I will personally supervise the implementation of the National Action Plan and will make sure that it is swift and effective," Prime Minister Nawaz had previously said during a meeting on the plan, adding that Operation Zarb-i-Azb was in progress in the tribal areas and that another operation would be launched against terrorists in major cities.

As a part of the National Action Plan, the government has been working to stop printing and publication of hate material promoting sectarianism. Constitutional amendments would also be introduced before the Parliament which would regulate printing of such publications as illegal.

ISLAMABAD: The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif is chairing a conference of the Pakistan Army's corps commanders at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi today.

During the on-going meeting, General Raheel and the commanders expressed their resolve to eradicate terrorism through the ongoing operation Zarb-i-Azb, a comprehensive operation against foreign and local terrorists who were hiding in sanctuaries in North Waziristan, a week after the brazen insurgent attack on the country's busiest airport in Karachi last year.

The commanders were also briefed about security at the eastern and western borders of Pakistan.

During the conference last month, the COAS and Corps commanders comprehensively reviewed internal and external security situation in the country.

Know more: Corps commanders conference held at GHQ

The review also focused on the most effective manner of implementing the National Action Plan (NAP) — which was drafted in the wake of the deadly Peshawar school attack to chalk out a comprehensive strategy to combat terrorism — with the federal and provincial governments, in order to eliminate terrorism, extremism and sectarianism without any discrimination.

Also read: Nawaz constitutes special committee to implement National Action Plan

In the wake of the terrorist attack on Peshawar's Army Public School which left more than 130 students dead, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in December last year constituted a special committee for the implementation of the NAP.

"I will personally supervise the implementation of the National Action Plan and will make sure that it is swift and effective," Prime Minister Nawaz had previously said during a meeting on the plan, adding that Operation Zarb-i-Azb was in progress in the tribal areas and that another operation would be launched against terrorists in major cities.

As a part of the National Action Plan, the government has been working to stop printing and publication of hate material promoting sectarianism. Constitutional amendments would also be introduced before the Parliament which would regulate printing of such publications as illegal.
Meetings are taking place more regularly than ever before. Something else cooking too it seems

Pakistani security forces are working night and day to restore peace throughout the country. And I am hopeful that day is not far when peace will prevail throughout the country.

Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

Pakistani security forces are working night and day to restore peace throughout the country. And I am hopeful that day is not far when peace will prevail throughout the country.

Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

From CENTCOM's point of view, compared to the years of unfortunate incidents such as the Salala Fratricide and the discovery of OBL's hiding place; how well have relation returned to their status in military to military cooperation. Are there any publicly available examples of areas where the Pakistan Army General Headquarters and CENTCOM have worked together and trained together to removed the menace of terrorism from the region?

Back
Top Bottom