What's new

CNS, Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi on an official visit to USA

But think about it. A country is snubbing your Prime Minister, yet welcoming your generals. Does that seem odd to you? What kind of outcomes do you expect from such a situation?
US presidents come and go. Just because Biden has an issue doesn't mean you start cutting off every other contact as well.

US presidents come and go. Just because Biden has an issue doesn't mean you start cutting off every other contact as well.

But just humor me. What are the possible outcomes when America favors generals and shuns democratically elected Prime Ministers?

But just humor me. What are the possible outcomes when America favors generals and shuns democratically elected Prime Ministers?
It takes two hands to clap. Pakistan uses it's generals, admirals and air chiefs for diplomacy just the same as other countries except in our case it's a greater part of our setup.
Heck we for all we know our govt wants to use the military to keep communication channels open.

NAVAL CHIEF ATTENDS 24TH INTERNATIONAL SEA POWER SYMPOSIUM IN USA

Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi was on an official visit to USA to attend 24th International Sea Power Symposium 2021. During the visit, the Naval Chief also had one-on-one meeting with Naval leadership of various countries.
The International Sea Power Symposium is organized biennially at USA Naval War College Newport.

The Forum offers a unique opportunity for the world’s maritime leaders to discuss common maritime challenges and promote/ enhance international maritime security cooperation. This year the theme for the symposium was ‘Strength in Unity’ and delegations of over 80 countries including naval & coast guard leaders attended the conference. Few important topics of panel discussions were Sea Power in the Information Age, Combating Invisible Foe: Covid-19 and Illegal Unreported & Unregulated Fishing. Besides talks by distinguished speakers, the forum also provided an opportunity to share individual thoughts and proposals for enhancing regional and global maritime security.

On the sidelines of Symposium activates, Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi had meetings with US Secy of Navy Carlos Del Toro, senior officials of US Navy and Naval Chiefs of Argentine, France, Germany, Ghana, Japan, Sri Lanka and Turkey. During the meetings matters of mutual interest, emerging shared security challenges in maritime domain and bilateral naval collaboration were discussed. Admiral also apprised counterparts on Pakistan’s commitment to maintain peace and stability in Indian Ocean Region by providing support to Combined Maritime Force Operations and Pakistan Navy’s initiative of Regional Maritime Security Patrols.

Earlier, the Naval Chief also visited US Surface Warfare School and was briefed about role of US Navy in countering emerging threats in global maritime domain.

It is expected that recent visit of Chief of the Naval Staff would greatly augment the bilateral cooperation with participating navies for enhancing regional and global maritime security.

View attachment 778908

View attachment 778909

View attachment 778910

View attachment 778911
Seems more like a debriefing or interrogation. Our Admiral should never be left alone.

It takes two hands to clap. Pakistan uses it's generals, admirals and air chiefs for diplomacy just the same as other countries except in our case it's a greater part of our setup.
Heck we for all we know our govt wants to use the military to keep communication channels open.

If our educated people cannot see what is wrong with the government using military to keep communication channels open, if they don't find it highly disturbing, then we are truly doomed.

If our educated people cannot see what is wrong with the government using military to keep communication channels open, if they don't find it highly disturbing, then we are truly doomed.
Diplomacy works on multiple channels. And if you want to change how other interact with you, change yourself. But we know that is a tall order for the Pakistani populace so then you basically have to work with what you got. You can't force others to change their behavior without first changing your own ground realities. That is a naïve approach and not based in reality.

Everyone knows military is the major center of power and hence any country and its representatives/ambassadors will interact with the people that hold positions of influence within the branches of military as well as the civilian establishment, whether we like it or not.

If corruption, ineptitude, dishonesty, inequity in justice, are endemic to your society, making a change in institutions will not be forthcoming. And thus you can't accept other countries to treat you in the same manner as they would a country with fewer of those problems.

I will leave this discussion tangent for now however as I don't want to debate it further and its not that interesting to me really.

Diplomacy works on multiple channels. And if you want to change how other interact with you, change yourself. But we know that is a tall order for the Pakistani populace so then you basically have to work with what you got. You can't force others to change their behavior without first changing your own ground realities. That is a naïve approach and not based in reality.

Everyone knows military is the major center of power and hence any country and its representatives/ambassadors will interact with the people that hold positions of influence within the branches of military as well as the civilian establishment, whether we like it or not.

If corruption, ineptitude, dishonesty, inequity in justice, are endemic to your society, making a change in institutions will not be forthcoming. And thus you can't accept other countries to treat you in the same manner as they would a country with fewer of those problems.

I will leave this discussion tangent for now however as I don't want to debate it further and its not that interesting to me really.

No need to reply to this post, but I am going to set the record straight here. It is a slap on the faces of 200 million Pakistani civilians if you are saying you can't find any civilian competent enough for diplomacy. What you have written above is self-delusion. You are only deluding your own self into a false sense of rightness. The world sees it as an aberration. One arm - the military - excelling while all the other arms are lagging behind. This makes a mockery of Pakistan.

And then there is the fact that the strict, hierarchical nature of armed forces does not prepare you for the multitude of social interactions needed in diplomacy. Which means, in many cases, your generals also make a fool out of themselves. Such as giving out autographs. Your system is messed up and it is hurting Pakistan internationally.

Back
Top Bottom