What's new

Chinese Trainer JL-9, L-15, JL-10, CJ-7 News & Discussions

101400enh8pepb02me382b.jpg

Hongdu's pulse production line:D

http://www.cannews.com.cn/2016/0922/158782.shtml

Last edited:
I counted 10. Anyway, it is good to see it went into mass production. It took too long in the prototype stage. Like 10 years? Longer than j20

I counted 10. Anyway, it is good to see it went into mass production. It took too long in the prototype stage. Like 10 years? Longer than j20

Not really sure with the no. 1 ... but otherwise it's more than time that this type enters service.

JL-10 on production line - Sept. 16 ++.jpg

different goals and requirements.

With all the latest developments and progress on the JL-10 I'm a bit surprised that this small - but IMO not less important type - is still so much shrouded in secrecy.

Allegedly based on the Russian Yak-152K - similar to the JL-10 being based on the Yak-130 - and co-developed by Hongdu and Yakovlev Design Bureau since 2006 the CJ-7 is the next generation primary trainer to replace the obsolete CJ-6. In contrast to its Russian cousin which uses a German-designed RED A03 V12-diesel engine with 338 kW (460 PS), the Chinese CJ-7 uses a M-14X/HS-6K1 radial piston engine with only (360 PS)

The strange thing is that a first prototype was constructed by the end of October 2010 its first flight took place on 31 December 2010. However even if shown on public display at the 2010 Zhuhai Airshow since then nothing more but a few grainy images were released ... + finally this one in flight.

There are reports, that this type is not on top of the PLAAF's priority list and therefore has been making very little progress with the production still pending. However is this the only reason ??

Anyway, with its ancestor - a funny thing - having made its maiden flight only yesterday, I just want to ask, what's the current status of the CJ-7 today ???

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/29/russian-yak-152-trainer-airplane-performs-first-flight/

Deino

CJ-7 - L-7 maiden flight 2014 - best.jpg
RuAF Yak-152 maiden flight - 29.9.16 - 3.jpg

Don't think it will become future primary trainer of PLAAF for sure.

Don't think it will become future primary trainer of PLAAF for sure.

Care to explain ? The PLAAF will surely need a successor for the venerable CJ-6 and even if I'm more surprised that not a modern turboprop type similar to the PC-21 is developed I'm convinced it needs a small type for the first flying hours.

Deino

Care to explain ? The PLAAF will surely need a successor for the venerable CJ-6 and even if I'm more surprised that not a modern turboprop type similar to the PC-21 is developed I'm convinced it needs a small type for the first flying hours.

Deino
Many of the CJ-6 still have quite a long life left, so this is why you can hear little news about CJ-7, even Hongdu itself does not care about it. So everything can be changed for the next tens of years. As to PT like PC-21, I think it depends on whether PLAAF wants to spend or save the money. Hongdu thought PLAAF wanted to spend less, so they chose CJ-7, but the customer may give a different request. It all depends on situations many years later and no one could know the answer at the moment.

Also there may be competition from CAIGA

the latest news/rumor on CJDBY is that by the end of this year, there will be 135 units delivered. Induction started in 2013.

191639yqf9qx6fl9c9of86.jpg

magazine shot

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom